• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are some good 0 Balance accounts for students ?

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi there! I am a 18yr old here and want to know what are some good banks for a 0 Balance accounts. As of now, I have opened Kotak 811 for which KYC is gonna be done this evening. I had applied for a HDFC account on 4th of december but yet no intimation from HDFC (Find this to be really pathetic, I applied for 811 day before and they gave account and all and just want to complete KYC today, really fast). Both applications were done online. I also have a minor account in ICICI which I will major but my dad is asking to make one separate account too, so is that possible ?
also, my parents have preferred banking in HDFC, Wealth managment in ICICI etc. so will it be good to link my accounts to theirs in the family banking program ?
Thank you all in advance! :))

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I asked about idfc future first at my nearest branch and they said that it's offered only to people who are taking education loans from idfc. So they have 2 variants. One is 10k MAB and another is 25k mab. Can you tell if they are good? Both mab are no issues to maintain. Especially for idfc dc offers on various shopping brands.
That is totally false information. DM on X, that they are not allowing to open a idfc future first acc, quote your number and nearest branch.
And if you still wish to go for normal accs, it is your wish, you can go for any variant. Just check out their feature resp on idfc website and choose according to your need

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi there! I am a 18yr old here and want to know what are some good banks for a 0 Balance accounts. As of now, I have opened Kotak 811 for which KYC is gonna be done this evening. I had applied for a HDFC account on 4th of december but yet no intimation from HDFC (Find this to be really pathetic, I applied for 811 day before and they gave account and all and just want to complete KYC today, really fast). Both applications were done online. I also have a minor account in ICICI which I will major but my dad is asking to make one separate account too, so is that possible ?
also, my parents have preferred banking in HDFC, Wealth managment in ICICI etc. so will it be good to link my accounts to theirs in the family banking program ?
Why all of you on hdfc and icici only ?

Au, Sbi, bob too are zero balance ac's

Idfc, indus too have zero balance with Initial funding.

Tejo

TF Legend
Do not link you hdfc ac's with your existing family banking.

Because it's very unfortune, even you might Wont get best pre-approved cc off

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Why all of you on hdfc and icici only ?

Au, Sbi, bob too are zero balance ac's

Idfc, indus too have zero balance with Initial funding.
Hdfc one is mainly for paying our cc bills which are pretty high per month so I can divide them between 3 Easyshop dc each month. Icici one I am taking since already it has some account status or so

Sourabh_13

TF Premier
I asked about idfc future first at my nearest branch and they said that it's offered only to people who are taking education loans from idfc. So they have 2 variants. One is 10k MAB and another is 25k mab. Can you tell if they are good? Both mab are no issues to maintain. Especially for idfc dc offers on various shopping brands.
They are misinforming you. If your institute is in their Future First Account list (you can see this on their tabs), then you should go for the Future First account only. Just DM on twitter mentioning the branch and what they are telling you. IDFC Customer Service folks are active on Twitter. You can also ask them to inform the branch to open the Future First account for you.

In case you are opening the regular savings account, I would say go for the 25K MAB one as it's debit card has the airport lounge access and higher insurance coverages. (2% cashback on debit card spends is there as well..but it is for first 3 months only)

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They are misinforming you. If your institute is in their Future First Account list (you can see this on their tabs), then you should go for the Future First account only. Just DM on twitter mentioning the branch and what they are telling you. IDFC Customer Service folks are active on Twitter. You can also ask them to inform the branch to open the Future First account for you.

In case you are opening the regular savings account, I would say go for the 25K MAB one as it's debit card has the airport lounge access and higher insurance coverages. (2% cashback on debit card spends is there as well..but it is for first 3 months only)
I see. I'll surely do the same. Thank you for sharing this.

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys, I have now initiated process for enabling family banking via my mom's WM account login. Any idea if it will go through and when? I asked my dad and he said that he can give me money to keep my wealth account by giving 1 or 2 L cheque if need be.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Guys, I have now initiated process for enabling family banking via my mom's WM account login. Any idea if it will go through and when? I asked my dad and he said that he can give me money to keep my wealth account by giving 1 or 2 L cheque if need be.
As mentioned in other threads it takes around 20 days. Don't open a fresh wealth acc if you won't be maintaing nrv as they have started issuing downgrade notices...