• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are some good 0 Balance accounts for students ?

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi there! I am a 18yr old here and want to know what are some good banks for a 0 Balance accounts. As of now, I have opened Kotak 811 for which KYC is gonna be done this evening. I had applied for a HDFC account on 4th of december but yet no intimation from HDFC (Find this to be really pathetic, I applied for 811 day before and they gave account and all and just want to complete KYC today, really fast). Both applications were done online. I also have a minor account in ICICI which I will major but my dad is asking to make one separate account too, so is that possible ?
also, my parents have preferred banking in HDFC, Wealth managment in ICICI etc. so will it be good to link my accounts to theirs in the family banking program ?
Thank you all in advance! :))

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Guys. I wanted to let you all know that my RM is a good man unlike many RM. Till now he's never called for any schemes or anything too😂. I had DM'ed him on WhatsApp asking for the steps and he told me the same steps as many people did here. The one in iMobile via services one. I think the branch people in Pune wanted me to open account there therefore asking the 2L cheque.
My mom's WM account is in Mumbai.

Last edited:

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Pinnacle LTF has no connection with Pioneer Banking. Please contact your nearest branch or the nearest Pioneer Banking branch.
Ah okay. Cause my dad got an email from indusind saying that as part of pioneer banking and wealth managment, blah blah blah this is your complimentary EazyDiner membership and the thing is that he doesn't have any other relationship with Indusind other than CC.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Ah okay. Cause my dad got an email from indusind saying that as part of pioneer banking and wealth managment, blah blah blah this is your complimentary EazyDiner membership and the thing is that he doesn't have any other relationship with Indusind other than CC.
Though you fathar can 0 balance exclusive account in indusind.. you can get in with family banking (upto 8 members)

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Which account you opened?
Kotak 811
Hdfc savingsmaxx but since I gave cheque of 1.5L towards FD for No balance mainatinance, he has upgraded it to classic banking. (Not linking to parent's priviledge account since someone said that it creates hurdles in getting CC)
Icici account majored yesterday and have initiated WM family banking via imobile app

Though, there's no actual issues with maybe opening one or 2 more in other banks, I will wait & see for some time if I am able to manage all accounts as I already have to look after parent's various accounts too.

Last edited:

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Kotak 811
Hdfc savingsmaxx but since I gave cheque of 1.5L towards FD for No balance mainatinance, he has upgraded it to classic banking. (Not linking to parent's priviledge account since someone said that it creates hurdles in getting CC)
Icici account majored yesterday and have initiated WM family banking via imobile app

Though, there's no actual issues with maybe opening one or 2 more in other banks, I will wait & see for some time if I am able to manage all accounts as I already have to look after parent's various accounts too.
2-3 account is the sweet spot.. don't open more accounts.. will be a mess..

You may get a fd credit card for credit score building..

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
With Pinnacle you get 1 year ED membership.

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Any idea how icici family banking will work? I went to the icici branch to get email updated as for some reason the one via app was failing. So anyway, I asked the fellow on how I can get WM benefits on my mom's account to my account as well and he's like family banking doesn't do anything it only links the account and allbut account status doesn't change (mine is privileged rn). He said that you'll have to keep WM NRV in your privi account to get the WM benefits.

Is this true? So even if family member has WM you can't get WM in family banking?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Any idea how icici family banking will work? I went to the icici branch to get email updated as for some reason the one via app was failing. So anyway, I asked the fellow on how I can get WM benefits on my mom's account to my account as well and he's like family banking doesn't do anything it only links the account and allbut account status doesn't change (mine is privileged rn). He said that you'll have to keep WM NRV in your privi account to get the WM benefits.

Is this true? So even if family member has WM you can't get WM in family banking?
Pagal bna rhe hai ye bhikhari log, inki baato mein mat aao. Bas jab link ho jayega to aaram se baith jana or wm customer care ko phn krke wm dc mnga lena. Family banking kis baat ki agr alg se maintain krna pade🤣🤣🤣.
Bas check krlena mab req 0 hogya aur theme black hogya ki nhi.

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Pagal bna rhe hai ye bhikhari log, inki baato mein mat aao. Bas jab link ho jayega to aaram se baith jana or wm customer care ko phn krke wm dc mnga lena. Family banking kis baat ki agr alg se maintain krna pade🤣🤣🤣.
Bas check krlena mab req 0 hogya aur theme black hogya ki nhi.
Haa mai bhi yahi soch raha tha. I am like kya pata... Icici being icici I thought.

Ig the branch near me is trying to lure me in to park funds with them as onboarding as every time I go there, they are like close the account and open new one. (my branch is from Mumbai), recently shifted to Pune so my nearest branch is in Pune even though home branch is Mumbai and tbh not gonna bother as my mumbai RM is too damn helpful and not at all like the other RMs which call begging for funds or anything. He has helped a lot. The icici app procedure for family banking itself was told by him which the Pune branch did not even acknowledge that it was possible in the app after showing them.

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey. So I got the HDFC netbanking details and logged in some time back. It showed the 1.5L as the saving balance and not as FD. I had clearly told the guy to make my account based on FD and not SB as I won't be keeping much money in the account itself. So does the SB get converted into FD in a few days or is it really in my SB rn?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hey. So I got the HDFC netbanking details and logged in some time back. It showed the 1.5L as the saving balance and not as FD. I had clearly told the guy to make my account based on FD and not SB as I won't be keeping much money in the account itself. So does the SB get converted into FD in a few days or is it really in my SB rn?
Just make the fd if it isn't.