• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are some good 0 Balance accounts for students ?

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi there! I am a 18yr old here and want to know what are some good banks for a 0 Balance accounts. As of now, I have opened Kotak 811 for which KYC is gonna be done this evening. I had applied for a HDFC account on 4th of december but yet no intimation from HDFC (Find this to be really pathetic, I applied for 811 day before and they gave account and all and just want to complete KYC today, really fast). Both applications were done online. I also have a minor account in ICICI which I will major but my dad is asking to make one separate account too, so is that possible ?
also, my parents have preferred banking in HDFC, Wealth managment in ICICI etc. so will it be good to link my accounts to theirs in the family banking program ?
Thank you all in advance! :))

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Payzapp is dumb or some crap. I am trying to do KYC using my Hdfc credentials, it gives me an error of log in using the cust id linked to this phone number when I already am doing the same. Wtf is this. Basic KYC using PAN also it gives error.

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I want to thank you all for helping and guiding me through everything & especially for linking my icici to my mom's WM account. Thank you for bearing with me. I am sure I was being super annoying as always (can't help it 😭😅🤣). So now my iMobile also shows the WM (black) theme as well as my netbanking login. So now if I request a new cheque book, will it be a WM cheque book and also WM debit card?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I want to thank you all for helping and guiding me through everything & especially for linking my icici to my mom's WM account. Thank you for bearing with me. I am sure Iwas being super annoying as always (can't help it 😭😅🤣). So now my iMobile also shows the WM (black) theme as well as my netbanking login. So now if I request a new cheque book, will it be a WM cheque book and also WM debit card?
Yes, request it via customer care🤝🏻

BOB Bro account for students (0 amb)
Free Rupay Platinum DC lifetime
Free Unlimited Cheque book
Free NEFT/RTGS/IMPS

I opened this account for education loan and experience was nice as of now, took 3 days to open the account (sarkari bank momint) still better than SBI as staff were helpful and friendly

or you can go with IDFC Future First (0 amb) if you have student I'd or you can fake one
free visa signature debit card
free every other banking service
great app and netbanking experience
staff usually unprofessional and way too much friendly

IndusInd Indie Account (ip of 50k but 0 amb)
only mobile banking available as of now
visa Signature debit card (on 50k megastar varient)
0 forex for games and foreign stuff 😏
app is buggy, sometimes you can't do bank transfer (NEFT/IMPS) but UPI always worked
FD on 7.5% interest rate

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
BOB Bro account for students (0 amb)
Free Rupay Platinum DC lifetime
Free Unlimited Cheque book
Free NEFT/RTGS/IMPS

I opened this account for education loan and experience was nice as of now, took 3 days to open the account (sarkari bank momint) still better than SBI as staff were helpful and friendly

or you can go with IDFC Future First (0 amb) if you have student I'd or you can fake one
free visa signature debit card
free every other banking service
great app and netbanking experience
staff usually unprofessional and way too much friendly

IndusInd Indie Account (ip of 50k but 0 amb)
only mobile banking available as of now
visa Signature debit card (on 50k megastar varient)
0 forex for games and foreign stuff 😏
app is buggy, sometimes you can't do bank transfer (NEFT/IMPS) but UPI always worked
FD on 7.5% interest rate
Thank you so much bro. Will consider them. I'll look into the Bob one, many of my acquaintances have vouched for it.

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Btw guys, how do I get into a banking programme for HDFC? I wanna get into preferred banking. So if I just keep 2L there, will I get an invite? Or what's a better way to go for it?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Btw guys, how do I get into a banking programme for HDFC? I wanna get into preferred banking. So if I just keep 2L there, will I get an invite? Or what's a better way to go for it?
Phle pre approved cc lelo atleast millenia 1L+ maintain krke with decent dc transaction. Uske baad 2L daalna acc mein aur branch jaake upgrade kralena