• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What to do with Citibank Rewards card ?

drsel

TF Legend
I had kept a paid Citibank Rewards card for special discounts on Amazon and travel portals like Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip Goibibo, etc.

I had to phone customer care every year to reverse the annual fees charged along with GST, and it was done.

But now that Citibank credit card business is sold to Axis, Citibank has stopped giving discounts and offers for a long time.
So what to do with this card?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I had kept a paid Citibank Rewards card for special discounts on Amazon and travel portals like Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip Goibibo, etc.

I had to phone customer care every year to reverse the annual fees charged along with GST, and it was done.

But now that Citibank credit card business is sold to Axis, Citibank has stopped giving discounts and offers for a long time.
Ask Citi to close the card. they might convert it to LTF.

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier

If you have no usage in recent time. Check if you have received email from Citi. I had received spend based offer.
Check screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023_1206_123655.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_1206_123655.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 130

rushin

TF Buzz

The reversal is automatic as long as you spend 30k per year. Is that not happening for you?
And at least MMT still has citibank offers on Tuesday.
Of course, it isn't as good as it used to be, so I am also contemplating whether to keep it around (it is my oldest cc).

drsel

TF Legend
The reversal is automatic as long as you spend 30k per year. Is that not happening for you?
And at least MMT still has citibank offers on Tuesday.
Of course, it isn't as good as it used to be, so I am also contemplating whether to keep it around (it is my oldest cc).
I used Citi Rewards card for an this flight offer. So no fees for 1 year till Nov 2024

SuperKnight

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am also getting Ind OIl card instead of a Rewards card, but since I hold LTF IOCL card already from them, they are saying you can't get 2 IOCL cards, so the only option is closure and no retention benefits, however since my annual cycle will be completed by July, they are hoping that I will be getting any Axis card by then. One thought I have is better I go with an LTF card to Axis rather than paid one

drsel

TF Legend
I am also getting Ind OIl card instead of a Rewards card, but since I hold LTF IOCL card already from them, they are saying you can't get 2 IOCL cards, so the only option is closure and no retention benefits, however since my annual cycle will be completed by July, they are hoping that I will be getting any Axis card by then. One thought I have is better I go with an LTF card to Axis rather than paid one
Lifeline free Axis Neo and my Zone are no big deal.
I already have 4 Axis cards, so I cannot get another one by converting Citibank rewards to Axis

rajcasio

TF Premier
I asked them to close my CITI REWARDS CC. They offered me cashback/reward points but i simply refused it. No LTF option. They closed the card and transferred the remaining RP to my CITI CASHBACK. They also added the CREDIT LIMIT(CITI REWARDS ) to CITI CASHBACK. :) 👍