• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My journey with Citi Credit Cards - PM - Prestige - Rewards - PM - Prestige

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I opened a Citi Priority account in August 2019. Then applied for Premier Miles Card in September, received and activated.
First year free PM card was available with priority account.

Initial credit limit provided was 3.5L. Used it for couple of months and got to know it can upgraded to Prestige as the credit limit was more than 3L on PM card.

I took the plunge in March 2020 for Prestige along with LE to 7L.
And roughly 15.5K PM points converted to 7K Prestige points plus 2500 Prestige points Equivalent to total 38K miles plus 10K taj Voucher. 1PM equivalent to 0.45 Prestige points.

Fees charged was on prorata basis on prestige. So first year paid 11666 from March to Sept.

Decided to close my priority account in Feb 2021. Sept 2021 received LE to 10L.
Renewed the card again. 2500 Points were credited but the Taj Voucher was received in March 2022.

Had transferred all the accumulated Prestige Points to Turkish Airlines ~105L. Booked business return flight for father to USA from those points.

Once I received the Taj voucher in March 22, downgraded to LTF Rewards Card.
And fees was refunded on prorata basis for the remaining months. Since then rewards card was just lying dormant. Received LE to 15L in March23.

Now recently received 3K Cashback on my Rewards card as retention offer in November 23. They said 2K cashback as retention but to my surprise got 3K.

Then upgraded it to PM card in November 23 last month itself. Prorata fees 2750 charged on PM Nov23 to Sept24.

3K retention Cashback covered the fees of PM and received 10PM miles.
Made some spends so had Total 11K PM miles.

Called up again for retention but was denied as it was recently taken.
So I upgraded my PM card to Prestige card now in Dec 23.

PM fees was refunded prorata 2500INR and prestige fees would be levied prorata 16666 INR Dec 23 to Sept 24.

Essentially if I deduct 3K cashback from it and add 1 months PM fees total of ~14166 INR. Will be getting 10K Taj along with 7.45K Prestige points equal to 29.8 miles. I was needing around 26K miles to be transferred to SQ for a trip next year, found this the cheapest and fastest way for me.
So a net good positive.
Citi served well.

Let’s see when Axis completely takes over Citi and then I’ll decide the fate of the Prestige whether to downgrade again or keep it. Hopefully before 1yr should be transitioned.

IMG_6951.jpeg

Last edited:

cardy

TF Ace
Yeah I’m also looking forward to that, let’s see what axis will do with Prestige now.
For the fees paid got almost three times the value from it.
Something good is bound to happen according to me

Because citi has mostly very valuable customer segment that too with metro city base.

That's why they will not risk to loose a valuable customer base.

Ultimately that must be the reason behind aquisition itself. Isn't it?

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Something good is bound to happen according to me

Because citi has mostly very valuable customer segment that too with metro city base.

That's why they will not risk to loose a valuable customer base.

Ultimately that must be the reason behind aquisition itself. Isn't it?
Yeah hoping for the best 🤞🏻😬

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Looks like you know the tricks of the game.

I got Prestige in Sept and renewal is due in February, I have around 35k points. Should I transfer out all points and downgrade the card? What approach should I take?

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You upgraded to the prestige card in Sept from which card?
Too frequent card swapping they told me next time they’ll have to take approvals for swaps.
34K is quite a good number of points equivalent to 140K miles.
If you have Axis Magnus Burgundy then probably downgrade after transferring all points.
Most likely MB or Reserve card would be given for prestige, my guess.
I have MB but I’ll be closing it soon after transferring points. Have Atlas also. So I’m keeping on prestige for now waiting till September prior to my renewal to see what they’ll offer.