• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Recommendation: Citi Prestige

beingmohit

TF Premier
Citi customer support informed me that I am eligible to get my Rewards card upgraded to a Prestige card. Now the question I have is, is the upgrade worth it? It has an annual charge of 20k + GST.
I already have an Infinia. But, I have forex spends of around 1l every month. So, I am looking for a more rewarding Forex card.
Does Citi Prestige have any excluded categories/MCCs for which it does not offer any reward points?
I would appreciate it if any existing Citi Prestige holder can share their expereince

beingmohit

TF Premier

this contains detailed explanation about features, exclusions (majorly utilities, insurance) etc. check once.

regarding suggestion:

I would think that, if a person

- spend most of the spends in forex
- effectively utilize miles
- able to use properly itc/taj voucher annually

then it is a very good card for them.

Citi prestige gives 8 miles for every 100 in international spends (Note: 4.13% forex fee applicable)
From the looks of it, it provides reward points on rent and wallet load as well. That makes this card quite lucrative, apart from the good forex returns

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Citi customer support informed me that I am eligible to get my Rewards card upgraded to a Prestige card. Now the question I have is, is the upgrade worth it? It has an annual charge of 20k + GST.
I already have an Infinia. But, I have forex spends of around 1l every month. So, I am looking for a more rewarding Forex card.
Does Citi Prestige have any excluded categories/MCCs for which it does not offer any reward points?
I would appreciate it if any existing Citi Prestige holder can share their expereince
Citi Prestige card is semi metal card and will be available for annual fees of 20K+GST as you mentioned and you will 2500 points (2500*4 = 10000 miles) and you get 10000 Taj voucher, so technically amount paid is bought off.

Coming to your Forex transactions you get 2 points per 100 spent i.e 8 Airmiles (4.13% Forex Charges as @helloworld mentioned) which gives around 3.87% returns on your spends. MCC codes are mentioned in the attached image.

In my opinion this is a very good travel card with around 4% return with your joining fees and renewal fees value can be bough back. Hope Axis wont spoil the party for Citi Prestige users. I've been told that Citi is offering this card only on Visa Infinite platform so we misses out on Unlimited Domestic Lounges and Master Card world Elite benefits. Hope they will issue on MC variant so that we can unlock the full potential of the card.

For any other terms and conditions you can refer below link.

Attachments

• 1690533329751.png
    1690533329751.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 30

Tirajat

TF Select
I converted my premier miles card to prestige a few years back and holding on to it so far, the primary reason being reward points on rent payment. I don’t think wallet load and some other categories (government transactions, utility payments, education spends) are eligible for points. Should be ideally priced at 10k (perhaps without taj voucher) but it is the only premium card that rewards rent, so might be worth.

Tirajat

TF Select
when you have Infinia already, citi prestige can be avoided.
I would disagree. It of course depends on specific spend pattern, but double spends on forex, reward points on rent are unique features that no other super premium card in fact offers at the moment. And of course, ongoing reward rate of Citi Prestige is higher versus Infinia.

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Will have to watch how Axis will treat existing Citi PremierMiles /prestige, I feel I should have converted to prestige couple of years when I had a chance.

Aiming for Bob eternia..

devine_mortal

TF Premier
Will have to watch how Axis will treat existing Citi PremierMiles /prestige, I feel I should have converted to prestige couple of years when I had a chance.

Aiming for Bob eternia..
Axis will discontinue Citi cards and convert them to Axis equivalent. Thats what my RM told me. Now how would they decide what is equivalent is another story.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Citi Prestige card is semi metal card and will be available for annual fees of 20K+GST as you mentioned and you will 2500 points (2500*4 = 10000 miles) and you get 10000 Taj voucher, so technically amount paid is bought off.

Coming to your Forex transactions you get 2 points per 100 spent i.e 8 Airmiles (4.13% Forex Charges as @helloworld mentioned) which gives around 3.87% returns on your spends. MCC codes are mentioned in the attached image.

In my opinion this is a very good travel card with around 4% return with your joining fees and renewal fees value can be bough back. Hope Axis wont spoil the party for Citi Prestige users. I've been told that Citi is offering this card only on Visa Infinite platform so we misses out on Unlimited Domestic Lounges and Master Card world Elite benefits. Hope they will issue on MC variant so that we can unlock the full potential of the card.

For any other terms and conditions you can refer below link.

They are issuing on MC World Elite, I have changed the network now.