• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What to do with Citibank Rewards card ?

drsel

TF Legend
I had kept a paid Citibank Rewards card for special discounts on Amazon and travel portals like Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip Goibibo, etc.

I had to phone customer care every year to reverse the annual fees charged along with GST, and it was done.

But now that Citibank credit card business is sold to Axis, Citibank has stopped giving discounts and offers for a long time.
So what to do with this card?

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
They are not offering 2K now, I asked them to close, but she said in April you will get an option to move to Axis Cards, and you will get a total of 36 new cards to choose from (based on profiles, filters may happen). So, I am thinking to wait and see what offering is coming from Axis
My Citi rewards credit card is already life time free. Last year I had got 1000₹ retention cashback. After watching this thread I called them and told cancel my card. They retained me again with 1000₹ cash. Screenshot_20240127_214613.jpg

prc1990

TF Ace
My Citi rewards credit card is already life time free. Last year I had got 1000₹ retention cashback. After watching this thread I called them and told cancel my card. They retained me again with 1000₹ cash. Screenshot_20240127_214613.jpg
May be your card account was opened long back and you got the card at LTF pricing right from Day 1 itself. Very few people have LTF CITI Rewards.

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
May be your card account was opened long back and you got the card at LTF pricing right from Day 1 itself. Very few people have LTF CITI Rewards.
I made it ltf using below trick.
Call customer care and swap rewards card with ltf Citi Indian oil credit card. Confirm with customer care that it will be ltf only. On call only Indian oil card will generate and within week u will receive card. Existing rewards card will close.

This will make ur credit card account life time free.

If u want to keep Indian oil keep it else wait for 15 days or 1 month and swap back to Citi rewards. And it will be life time free only.
After receiving new rewards card confirm with customer care whether it's ltf or not.

Note : don't try to swap with other Citi cards. As only with Indian oil card ur account will be life time free.

hellobois

TF Ace
I had kept a paid Citibank Rewards card for special discounts on Amazon and travel portals like Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip Goibibo, etc.

I had to phone customer care every year to reverse the annual fees charged along with GST, and it was done.

But now that Citibank credit card business is sold to Axis, Citibank has stopped giving discounts and offers for a long time.
So what to do with this card?
I called them to close it and they offered 1000 direct to my CC account and I happily accepted it.
After 1 week of getting the cb (and using it within 2 hrs) I called them again to close the card as I genuinly wanted to close the card (even though the reward card looks very premium) they offered LTF IOCL card and I accepted it .... we lived happily ever after ....
I gave the closed Rewards card to my wife and she uses it for rangoli making, you can also gift the same to your GF/Wife/Sisters for rangoli making.

prc1990

TF Ace
I called them to close it and they offered 1000 direct to my CC account and I happily accepted it.
After 1 week of getting the cb (and using it within 2 hrs) I called them again to close the card as I genuinly wanted to close the card (even though the reward card looks very premium) they offered LTF IOCL card and I accepted it .... we lived happily ever after ....
I gave the closed Rewards card to my wife and she uses it for rangoli making, you can also gift the same to your GF/Wife/Sisters for rangoli making.
Alag level ka retention on the closed card.

prc1990

TF Ace
I made it ltf using below trick.
Call customer care and swap rewards card with ltf Citi Indian oil credit card. Confirm with customer care that it will be ltf only. On call only Indian oil card will generate and within week u will receive card. Existing rewards card will close.

This will make ur credit card account life time free.

If u want to keep Indian oil keep it else wait for 15 days or 1 month and swap back to Citi rewards. And it will be life time free only.
After receiving new rewards card confirm with customer care whether it's ltf or not.

Note : don't try to swap with other Citi cards. As only with Indian oil card ur account will be life time free.
How to swap from Oil back to Rewards? Wouldn't that make the card chargeable again?

hellobois

TF Ace
How to swap from Oil back to Rewards? Wouldn't that make the card chargeable again?
tell them that you have recently bought an electric car so no use of fuel card now. tell them that you have big shopping plans in coming months.
Most important - you have to sound like a very rich and busy person. Make them believe that you already have cards from other premium banks and this is the last card you want to hold. ask your friends and family members to continuously call you - sir sir , pls come sir our factory has some issues, sir your UK flight is delayed, Sir your diamond watch has fallen on the floor .. something like that.
Its not easy bro .... :geek:
:geek: :p