• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What to do with Citibank Rewards card ?

drsel

TF Legend
I had kept a paid Citibank Rewards card for special discounts on Amazon and travel portals like Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip Goibibo, etc.

I had to phone customer care every year to reverse the annual fees charged along with GST, and it was done.

But now that Citibank credit card business is sold to Axis, Citibank has stopped giving discounts and offers for a long time.
So what to do with this card?

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
I do not have an Axis card but I have been tempted to get one to cover for Axis specific offers on Amazon/Flipkart. That's really the sole reason I have kept the Citi Rewards card. I like Axis Ace (GPay) on the budget end and Atlas on the high end. I am curious to see what Axis offers.

drsel

TF Legend
I usually get 60% discount on Swiggy up to 120 and sometimes 50% discount up to 150.
Then I pay with swiggy cash which I have bought at 10% discount.

So the 15% discount CitiBank Rewards card is not good enough, and will never be used

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Damn I called today and they said no such offer for me and no ltf offer either. I didn’t pressure them for cancelation. Will try again in April 2024.
I called them to close my rewards card, they told Axis will provide us cards offers from April, so I decided to hold

Also they gave me 2000 rupees cashback for not closing the card :p

SuperKnight

TF Select
VIP Lounge
They are not offering 2K now, I asked them to close, but she said in April you will get an option to move to Axis Cards, and you will get a total of 36 new cards to choose from (based on profiles, filters may happen). So, I am thinking to wait and see what offering is coming from Axis