• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Citibank Customer Care (after handover to Axis Bank)

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Hello everyone,

I’d like to share a mixed (sweet sour) experience with Citibank customer care. After handover to Axis, I believed that the quality of services of Citi will deteriorate and will come at par with Axis. However, I was really wrong about it and I am happy to be wrong.

Earlier, I had little interest in Credit Cards. I was pretty much happy with my HDFC Regalia Credit Card. I did not bother with other banks cards as my spends were minimal and I believed that the Reward Points which I earned were enough.

I was aware of the perks of Citibank Card as it was listed for cashbacks whenever I made my purchases at Amazon. Since Citibank was not serviceable in my location, I had to use my brother’s card (he had one) everytime whenever I wanted any discount, which was a bit cumbersome.

I procured the card.​

It was around some 4 years ago, when I visited Mumbai (name changed) and I was strolling around at a Shoppers Stop store in some Mall. I was approached by one of the Citibank employees and asked if I wanted to apply for a Citibank credit card. I said yes to him but I informed him that it would not be possible as my city was not serviceable by Citibank.

He asked me to give my friends address in Mumbai as my work address. He told me to inform my friend that my card would be delivered there. No issues, everything went around fine and my friend sent the card to me after he received it.

That card had a yearly fee of Rs 590/- but a fee waiver on spends of Rs 30k. I spent this much, just for the sake of avoiding annual fees. I don’t have any Shoppers Stop stores at my place, so this card was almost worthless except during the Amazon Festive Sale.

Now, Axis Bank is the management partner of Citibank​

So, since the card was almost of no use, I decided to get it swapped with some variant from Axis Bank. All other variants of Citibank did not suit me owing to their spends and rewards programmes.

So, I called up Citibank customer care, now managed by Axis and to my surprise, I was greeted with someone quite knowledgeable and who understood what I wanted to say, without any glitch.

I asked the person on the other side to swap the card with some Axis variant but she said that this was not an option as of now but I could swap it with some other variant of Citibank. Seeing no other option, I decided to go for the Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card (Citi IOC).

She informed me that the new card will be Life Time Free (LTF) with no spend limit criteria. Well, I was happy then, thinking that at least I could use it on Indian Oil bunks and gain something while not losing anything at the same time.

To my dismay​

Now, before doing any transactions, I have a habit of reading the literature thoroughly, so I went through the terms and conditions that shook my head again.

If used, the Citi IOC reward points would accrue only at select outlets of major cities (some less than 100 fuel pumps) and not everywhere. Also, there was no fuel surcharge waiver on fuel pumps which were not Indian Oil Fuel Stations.

I called up customer care again and asked them if it was possible to swap the card again. They said that now the swap programme is discontinued and they are not swapping any cards anymore.

Ok fine then, I asked to the customer representative about my spend criteria expecting LTF with no spend limit criteria. However, I was informed that this card carried an annual fee of Rs 1180/- with a spend waiver of Rs 30k. Annual fees to be due in next 2 months and no amount of spend has been registered on this card yet.

I felt like a fool. I was better off with the Shoppers Stop Card. I decided that to cancel this Citi IOC card, if it had an annual fee of Rs 1180/- with a spend waiver of Rs 30k.

Email for confirmation​

Now, I decided to double confirm the actual card criteria with the Citibank Customer Care Team on email. I stated my issue and the disparity in the statements of their customer care representatives.

They apologized and confirmed that the card was Life Time Free (LTF) with no spend limit criteria.

Final Thoughts​

Now, what I conclude from this –
  • Citibank customer care is still great
  • The world is full of idiots who will blabber anything without cross checking. Har Shaakh pe ullu baitha hai.
  • Double and triple confirm preferably on email before taking any decision. Most customer care executives have not been trained to handle complex cases.
Comments and constructive criticism is welcome.

Hit a Like if you enjoyed this.

Thanks!!
Ravi.

Last edited:

nrb

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When Citi Card is swapped with another card, mostly between rewards and Indian oil, then it becomes LTF.
I had Citi Indian Oil and swapped for Rewards and holding it for more than 10 years now as it is LTF.
Not much benefits but use it only when there is some offer.

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
@jatinkrmalik

Login to Citibank using netbanking link.

Proceed to customer care from there. See Screenshots. The UI is a bit clunky and you will get a popup when you click the"Compose Mail" link. Just Click "Ask me" and wait for the popup to display the next page. Then close the popup. Then you should get the send option.

Or use this link

Been a bit busy, hence the late reply.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• citi-1.jpg
    citi-1.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 47
  • citi-2.jpg
    citi-2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 48
  • citi-3.jpg
    citi-3.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 48
  • citi-4.jpg
    citi-4.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 47
  • citi-5.jpg
    citi-5.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 46
As a Citi Prestige card holder I can confirm that Citibank is still providing the same exceptional support services. I'm hoping that their CS Head will replace the idiot at Axis Bank and fix their awful service and that the Citi Prestige agents will move all be a permanent part of Axis and not some temporary measure.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
After banking with Citi for 17 years, I called them to close the account. But the customer care flat out denied online closure and asked me to visit branch 😭

I had a heated exchange and requested a complaint number as Citi website lists options to close account by calling. I was told it will be sent by SMS. Later I got SMS as query and that too resolved. I wrote an email to RM and he called and told to print and send the closure form to branch as an option.

I never have to visit a Citi branch in 17 years. How service standards have fallen upon transfer, feeling terrible 😔

After banking with Citi for 17 years, I called them to close the account. But the customer care flat out denied online closure and asked me to visit branch 😭

I had a heated exchange and requested a complaint number as Citi website lists options to close account by calling. I was told it will be sent by SMS. Later I got SMS as query and that too resolved. I wrote an email to RM and he called and told to print and send the closure form to branch as an option.

I never have to visit a Citi branch in 17 years. How service standards have fallen upon transfer, feeling terrible 😔

They want to meet with you to try and convince you to not leave as the transition goes through. It's not a fall in service standards.

And even if that wasn't the case it still wouldn't be a fall in service standards. :)

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

I’d like to share a mixed (sweet sour) experience with Citibank customer care. After handover to Axis, I believed that the quality of services of Citi will deteriorate and will come at par with Axis. However, I was really wrong about it and I am happy to be wrong.

Earlier, I had little interest in Credit Cards. I was pretty much happy with my HDFC Regalia Credit Card. I did not bother with other banks cards as my spends were minimal and I believed that the Reward Points which I earned were enough.

I was aware of the perks of Citibank Card as it was listed for cashbacks whenever I made my purchases at Amazon. Since Citibank was not serviceable in my location, I had to use my brother’s card (he had one) everytime whenever I wanted any discount, which was a bit cumbersome.

I procured the card.​

It was around some 4 years ago, when I visited Mumbai (name changed) and I was strolling around at a Shoppers Stop store in some Mall. I was approached by one of the Citibank employees and asked if I wanted to apply for a Citibank credit card. I said yes to him but I informed him that it would not be possible as my city was not serviceable by Citibank.

He asked me to give my friends address in Mumbai as my work address. He told me to inform my friend that my card would be delivered there. No issues, everything went around fine and my friend sent the card to me after he received it.

That card had a yearly fee of Rs 590/- but a fee waiver on spends of Rs 30k. I spent this much, just for the sake of avoiding annual fees. I don’t have any Shoppers Stop stores at my place, so this card was almost worthless except during the Amazon Festive Sale.

Now, Axis Bank is the management partner of Citibank​

So, since the card was almost of no use, I decided to get it swapped with some variant from Axis Bank. All other variants of Citibank did not suit me owing to their spends and rewards programmes.

So, I called up Citibank customer care, now managed by Axis and to my surprise, I was greeted with someone quite knowledgeable and who understood what I wanted to say, without any glitch.

I asked the person on the other side to swap the card with some Axis variant but she said that this was not an option as of now but I could swap it with some other variant of Citibank. Seeing no other option, I decided to go for the Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card (Citi IOC).

She informed me that the new card will be Life Time Free (LTF) with no spend limit criteria. Well, I was happy then, thinking that at least I could use it on Indian Oil bunks and gain something while not losing anything at the same time.

To my dismay​

Now, before doing any transactions, I have a habit of reading the literature thoroughly, so I went through the terms and conditions that shook my head again.

If used, the Citi IOC reward points would accrue only at select outlets of major cities (some less than 100 fuel pumps) and not everywhere. Also, there was no fuel surcharge waiver on fuel pumps which were not Indian Oil Fuel Stations.

I called up customer care again and asked them if it was possible to swap the card again. They said that now the swap programme is discontinued and they are not swapping any cards anymore.

Ok fine then, I asked to the customer representative about my spend criteria expecting LTF with no spend limit criteria. However, I was informed that this card carried an annual fee of Rs 1180/- with a spend waiver of Rs 30k. Annual fees to be due in next 2 months and no amount of spend has been registered on this card yet.

I felt like a fool. I was better off with the Shoppers Stop Card. I decided that to cancel this Citi IOC card, if it had an annual fee of Rs 1180/- with a spend waiver of Rs 30k.

Email for confirmation​

Now, I decided to double confirm the actual card criteria with the Citibank Customer Care Team on email. I stated my issue and the disparity in the statements of their customer care representatives.

They apologized and confirmed that the card was Life Time Free (LTF) with no spend limit criteria.

Final Thoughts​

Now, what I conclude from this –
  • Citibank customer care is still great
  • The world is full of idiots who will blabber anything without cross checking. Har Shaakh pe ullu baitha hai.
  • Double and triple confirm preferably on email before taking any decision. Most customer care executives have not been trained to handle complex cases.
Comments and constructive criticism is welcome.

Hit a Like if you enjoyed this.

Thanks!!
Ravi.
I agree with ravi and below are screenshot how information changes from agent to agent.

1691808958392.png

1691808996340.png

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I agree with ravi and below are screenshot how information changes from agent to agent.

1691808958392.png

1691808996340.png
w
I agree with ravi and below are screenshot how information changes from agent to agent. 1691808958392.png 1691808996340.png

1691808958392.png

1691808996340.png
should I reach out to people or ombudsman. they are taking lot of time plus thanks to loan I took from them they have ed included that it in my cc balance impacting utilization ratio.

Any suggestions or insights