• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are the prospective replacements of Citi Cards when migrated to Axis.

Vineet Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear Forum Members,

The concluding date of transfer of Citi business to Axis is round the corner.
When the prestigious and premium segment Citi Cards would be transferred to Axis the latter is likely to issue new cards to the Citi Customers.

Let's deliberate on the topic.

What are the possible scenarios :

a) Axis will continue the Citi cards under the exisiting name ans style only.
b) Axis will transfer the cards under the Axis brand, but keep the same features and card names intactact.
c) Axis will migrate the existing Citi cards to the nearest matching cards in Axis's current portfolio.
d) Axis will create an entirely new range of cards, especially for the migrated cards.

Your active partcipation and well thought of inputs are solicited.

Let the discussion begin.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
When any company sell out or spin off happens, there will be agreements on how long branding can be used. Generally it will be a year or two.

In this case,I believe existing cards will still carry the Citi brand for an year or two and for those whose cards expire, they will offer an equivalent Axis card. I am not sure about the rewards system change as I believe they will possibly tweak it in line with Axis rewards system.

Point B is unlikely as it does not make any sense in the integration of Citi customers.

After a point of time and once the transfer is stable, point C will happen based on agreement with Citi.

Point D is unlikely to happen as Axis have a young and attractive portfolio of cards as well accounts.

The biggest challenge they will face is on IT infrastructure and customer service and support to match Citi.

MeanMachine

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Citibank has already halted all new applications for new cards and accounts, so I guess its around the corner for sure.
One of the best banking experience's ever.

faraaz303

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
When any company sell out or spin off happens, there will be agreements on how long branding can be used. Generally it will be a year or two.

In this case,I believe existing cards will still carry the Citi brand for an year or two and for those whose cards expire, they will offer an equivalent Axis card. I am not sure about the rewards system change as I believe they will possibly tweak it in line with Axis rewards system.

Point B is unlikely as it does not make any sense in the integration of Citi customers.

After a point of time and once the transfer is stable, point C will happen based on agreement with Citi.

Point D is unlikely to happen as Axis have a young and attractive portfolio of cards as well accounts.

The biggest challenge they will face is on IT infrastructure and customer service and support to match Citi.
Yeah, I agree with this. Mostly on renewal they'll migrate to nearest Axis like Reserve for Citi Prestige holders.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Yeah, I agree with this. Mostly on renewal they'll migrate to nearest Axis like Reserve for Citi Prestige holders.
But the annual fees is more than double , prestige is about 20k and reserve is for 50k .

I think they will acquire the entire citi card portfolio itself and not migrate cards to axis variants .

Which sound more logical to me

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
One of the best banking experience's ever.
One of the worst for me.... I was forced to open citi account when I joined my company (initially)
even after disabling international transaction on DC and CC, They took 2k from DC and 20k via CC :D

I had taken this to PNO and his boss... I also made them check my netbanking login history to see if hackers logged in, enabled international spends and then disabled again... but there was nothing :p

they said it might be a fluke (yeah, they said that) and returned money within 3 hrs after I told them that I would fill FIR on Citi and would report this to RBI :D

closed account and cc as soon as options to other sal accounts were opened

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Citi just offered to replace my Citi Prestige Credit Card with Axis Magnus but I already have a Magnus. My Citi Prestige Credit Card is again a new card after I held the same till the international taxis service was stopped then I had closed the Citi Prestige.

I was told that Axis would continue the pre-existing citi credit cards thus I took a chance with the Citi Prestige right now but seems the information was wrong.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Citi just offered to replace my Citi Prestige Credit Card with Axis Magnus but I already have a Magnus. My Citi Prestige Credit Card is again a new card after I held the same till the international taxis service was stopped then I had closed the Citi Prestige.

I was told that Axis would continue the pre-existing citi credit cards thus I took a chance with the Citi Prestige right now but seems the information was wrong.
Wow replacement started already.

Both are paid cards? You got a call or mail? Did u tell them that u already have magnus? In that case, they will allow 2 magnus?

vaibhavpp0707

TF Premier
IMO
Prestige -> magnus or reserve
Premiermiles -> Atlas
Rewards -> select
ioc-> same
cashback -> ace
what if someone already holds 3 Axis Bank cards and 1 or 2 Citi cards. then they will close the cards or allow to hold 4 or 5 Axis cards ? also for LTF Citi card will they provide LTF Axis or paid Axis Card?

shivkumar

TF Buzz
My Citi bank card is LTF, hope Axis also offers LTF after transition..

I have seen Flipkart offering discounts to Axis Bank Cards, wish they extend the same to Citi Cards.

paresh22

TF Ace

This is the first time I heard in this forum about migration of core Citi cards. Looks like Citi started with migrating premium card segment first?

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
what if someone already holds 3 Axis Bank cards and 1 or 2 Citi cards. then they will close the cards or allow to hold 4 or 5 Axis cards ? also for LTF Citi card will they provide LTF Axis or paid Axis Card?
I think they will allow 4-5 cards here and most cards will be offered ltf on conversion. Though annual benefit may be stripped off.