• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are the prospective replacements of Citi Cards when migrated to Axis.

Vineet Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear Forum Members,

The concluding date of transfer of Citi business to Axis is round the corner.
When the prestigious and premium segment Citi Cards would be transferred to Axis the latter is likely to issue new cards to the Citi Customers.

Let's deliberate on the topic.

What are the possible scenarios :

a) Axis will continue the Citi cards under the exisiting name ans style only.
b) Axis will transfer the cards under the Axis brand, but keep the same features and card names intactact.
c) Axis will migrate the existing Citi cards to the nearest matching cards in Axis's current portfolio.
d) Axis will create an entirely new range of cards, especially for the migrated cards.

Your active partcipation and well thought of inputs are solicited.

Let the discussion begin.

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Citi just offered to replace my Citi Prestige Credit Card with Axis Magnus but I already have a Magnus. My Citi Prestige Credit Card is again a new card after I held the same till the international taxis service was stopped then I had closed the Citi Prestige.

I was told that Axis would continue the pre-existing citi credit cards thus I took a chance with the Citi Prestige right now but seems the information was wrong.
UPDATE ON THIS

Since I was an old client with Citi this was offered but they requested me to close the Magnus myself and send them an screen grab. I have said no about the closure but have requested them to issue the Prestige as well sadly they have not done the needfull till date. In my view now Magnus > Prestige for sure, Only the international taxi feature was worth it nothing any more.

nrb

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Citi is my oldest card. What will happen when they migrate to Axis?
Will it be treated as new card ? Will my cibil will be affected by this ?
Any idea ?

paresh22

TF Ace
Citi is my oldest card. What will happen when they migrate to Axis?
Will it be treated as new card ? Will my cibil will be affected by this ?
Any idea ?
Citi cards remained as it is in Cibil just that name of "Citi" changed to "Axis" now.
I think we can say migration has happened already but we have not given Axis branded cards.
No effect on Cibil.

breakingbat

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Following this thread. Also curious what would happen to leftover reward points, if those would get converted to edge points which have better transfer partners.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
P
When any company sell out or spin off happens, there will be agreements on how long branding can be used. Generally it will be a year or two.

In this case,I believe existing cards will still carry the Citi brand for an year or two and for those whose cards expire, they will offer an equivalent Axis card. I am not sure about the rewards system change as I believe they will possibly tweak it in line with Axis rewards system.

Point B is unlikely as it does not make any sense in the integration of Citi customers.

After a point of time and once the transfer is stable, point C will happen based on agreement with Citi.

Point D is unlikely to happen as Axis have a young and attractive portfolio of cards as well accounts.

The biggest challenge they will face is on IT infrastructure and customer service and support to match Citi.
Lets not even talk about the Axis Tech Team! Probably the worst on the entire planet!

jeevanreddy58

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Subject : Important Update : Start using your new IFSC now!

As we take a step forward in this transition of Citi's consumer business in India to Axis Bank, we are pleased to inform you that there will be no change in your account number and credit card number post migration. However, due to transfer of Citi's consumer business in India to Axis Bank, your IFSC is changing as below:

For making Credit Card repayments
Bank Axis Bank
Branch Credit Card Operations
New Axis Bank IFSC UTIB0000400

Few important action points to note:

FUND TRANSFERS: People sending money to your account via NEFT, IMPS or RTGS should replace the current payee details with your new Axis Bank IFSC.

NACH & STANDING INSTRUCTIONS: All existing bank mandates / standing instructions will be auto-updated.

INVESTMENTS: We will centrally update the IFSC for your Mutual Fund Folio via Registrar & Transfer agents and Demat account via NSDL / CDSL.
Please change the IFSC with any individual brokers for brokerage / trading accounts.

CREDIT CARD REPAYMENTS: To make online repayments to your Citi Credit Card from other bank accounts, please delete the existing card payee details and add a new payee with the Axis Bank IFSC mentioned above.

While your Citi IFSC will remain valid until the completion of the migration i.e. the first half of Financial Year 2024-25, we suggest that you immediately start using the new Axis Bank IFSC for a seamless transition.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
So citi cards will continue to function??

since, they changed IFSC code.. generally people will ask any change in card number too because card is 'Citi' but IFSC is 'Axis', will that work? payment credited etc.?

For that they mentioned, 'no change in account number or card number' when you change the IFSC code to transfer or receive funds to your account/card.

It doesn't mean, there won't be any change in future, its just mean currently change only IFSC rest remaining same.