• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are the prospective replacements of Citi Cards when migrated to Axis.

Vineet Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear Forum Members,

The concluding date of transfer of Citi business to Axis is round the corner.
When the prestigious and premium segment Citi Cards would be transferred to Axis the latter is likely to issue new cards to the Citi Customers.

Let's deliberate on the topic.

What are the possible scenarios :

a) Axis will continue the Citi cards under the exisiting name ans style only.
b) Axis will transfer the cards under the Axis brand, but keep the same features and card names intactact.
c) Axis will migrate the existing Citi cards to the nearest matching cards in Axis's current portfolio.
d) Axis will create an entirely new range of cards, especially for the migrated cards.

Your active partcipation and well thought of inputs are solicited.

Let the discussion begin.

helloworld

TF Legend
Axis Neo I guess ?
Those holding citi rewards credit card, what is likely card to be offered in future?
every card has equal card in Axis already .. but that likely takes sometime.. we're taking about end of 2024 atleast, so do not worry or stress much. When time comes, they likely provide 1 or 2 options to choose, and if you like Axis by that time - Go for it.

Citi Rewards = Axis Rewards
Citi IndianOil = Axis IndianOil
Citi PremierMiles = Axis Atlas
Citi Prestige = Axis Magnus (mostly, they'll adjust features by that time, don't worry)

Just ignore and if its contributing your CIBIL score, keep it otherwise close it. Do not hope much about transition..

Last edited:

Tarun239

TF Premier
every card has equal card in Axis ready .. but that likely takes sometime.. we're taking about end of 2024 atleast, so do not worry or stress much. When time comes, they likely provide 1 or 2 options to choose, and if you like Axis by that time - Go for it.

Citi Prestige = Axis Magnus (mostly, they'll adjust features by that time, don't worry)

Just ignore and if its contributing your CIBIL score, keep it otherwise close it. Do not hope much about transition..
I am having citi card as ltf, after transition will i get a ltf axis similar card?

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
every card has equal card in Axis ready .. but that likely takes sometime.. we're taking about end of 2024 atleast, so do not worry or stress much. When time comes, they likely provide 1 or 2 options to choose, and if you like Axis by that time - Go for it.

Seems equivalent.

But Atlas is way better rewarding than Premier Miles. But now looking at the devaluation Magnus is no where equivalent to Citi Prestige.

I have 1L minimum balance Citi account which was Suvidha account in the past they offered Priority Axis banking program (Which is 2L MAB) but not sure on the MAB requirements after transfer. Time will let us know. As of now don't want to lose the Citi until its Citi branded because of the long relationship.

helloworld

TF Legend
Seems equivalent.

But Atlas is way better rewarding than Premier Miles. But now looking at the devaluation Magnus is no where equivalent to Citi Prestige.

I have 1L minimum balance Citi account which was Suvidha account in the past they offered Priority Axis banking program (Which is 2L MAB) but not sure on the MAB requirements after transfer. Time will let us know. As of now don't want to lose the Citi until its Citi branded because of the long relationship.

I'm hoping when time comes, everything will be equal. Since, we have two products, we're comparing them and finding which is better or not. But soon once this transition completed by 2025, may not have two cards then comparing existing card with discontinued card not a good comparision.

Like I mentioned earlier, ignore for now, utilize whichever offer best, and when time comes if needed will switch otherwise have to close without any option.

As you mentioned, time will let us know.

helloworld

TF Legend
Thanks, u have provided a very logical and realistic explanation.

these are the likely options you'll get (again, just an assumption)

- Convert Citi rewards to Axis rewards under same pricing plan.
- Can be opt for privilege or below cards in exchange of Citi rewards but paid.
- Keep continue until its expiry and get automatically Axis rewards.
- If not like anything, can be cancelled automatically.

As said, we'll get atleast 2 options.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
these are the likely options you'll get (again, just an assumption)

- Convert Citi rewards to Axis rewards under same pricing plan.
- Can be opt for privilege or below cards in exchange of Citi rewards but paid.
- Keep continue until its expiry and get automatically Axis rewards.
- If not like anything, can be cancelled automatically.

As said, we'll get atleast 2 options.
LTF will remain LTF.. baaki.. anything can happen.. they may profile customer and offer