• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Westin Rishikesh Himalayas - Beautiful Experience

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I wish to share my personal travel experience using points earned on my Axis Magnus and Axis Vistara Infinite. I travelled for Rishikesh and stayed there for 4N from Chennai (Nearest Airport) for me. 80% of my travel and expenditure was covered under the CV points, Business class tickets earned on Axis Vistara Infinite and Marriott Bonvoy points.

As an opening offer they are offering resort at 1MB = Rs. 1.4 to 1.6 Approx which is a great value for money. (Base room is approximately Rs.38000 including tax which we will get for 20000 to 24000 MB points).

Coming to the stay, I have stayed in The Westin Resort & Spa, Himalayas for 4N, we had a small hiccup for approx 30 mins in reaching the resort as the construction work for G20 delegate meeting scheduled is being done there. Resort front office staff was quick enough to react and resolve the issue, on reaching resort we have been welcomed with good local herbal tea with traditional welcome. They gave Jumbo Toy (Elephant Soft Toy) to my son and as the resort was 30% free they have upgraded my room to Valley View room. Actually on booking the room with points on MB points they aren't providing breakfast, but on request they provided the breakfast also.

From then on the experiences at the resort was excellent. All the staff was supportive and offered great food and value for stay.

1. They gave access to Steam and Sauna as a complimentary gesture. Many times they have offered some drinks and some other food stuff when there is no buffet for lunch or dinner. Overall I had a memorable stay with family spent some quality time over there.
2. They have Kids club (Free Access), Bowling Alley, Bike and car stimulator so that kids will enjoy over there.
3. They have camping facility over there, where we can goto hill top in the property and have some beautiful sunset view of Rishikesh and Ganga Mata view with some Hot Tea and Hot Maggi.
4. They have 3 pools of which one is Infinity Pool with beautiful Rishikesh and Ganga River View, other is Kids pool and some waves pool and these 2 pools are temperature controlled.

Only drawback is the property is approximately 20kms from Rishikesh centre and you need to use the resort travel desk to move out and vehicle tariff is on higher side.

Attachments

• 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 150
  • 22.jpeg
    22.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 33.jpeg
    33.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 44.jpeg
    44.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 55.jpeg
    55.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 143

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How to commute to and fro Rishikesh? Their travel desk is the only option? What if I book a private cab?

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
For Airport pickup or drop 5000+GST, for 8 hours day package 6000+GST.
Any idea about pickup/drop from/to RIshikesh? And by any chance, do you have any idea about how long this construction will last? I am planning to visit in mid-June.

rajgopalsinghal

TF Premier
I wish to share my personal travel experience using points earned on my Axis Magnus and Axis Vistara Infinite. I travelled for Rishikesh and stayed there for 4N from Chennai (Nearest Airport) for me. 80% of my travel and expenditure was covered under the CV points, Business class tickets earned on Axis Vistara Infinite and Marriott Bonvoy points.

As an opening offer they are offering resort at 1MB = Rs. 1.4 to 1.6 Approx which is a great value for money. (Base room is approximately Rs.38000 including tax which we will get for 20000 to 24000 MB points).

Coming to the stay, I have stayed in The Westin Resort & Spa, Himalayas for 4N, we had a small hiccup for approx 30 mins in reaching the resort as the construction work for G20 delegate meeting scheduled is being done there. Resort front office staff was quick enough to react and resolve the issue, on reaching resort we have been welcomed with good local herbal tea with traditional welcome. They gave Jumbo Toy (Elephant Soft Toy) to my son and as the resort was 30% free they have upgraded my room to Valley View room. Actually on booking the room with points on MB points they aren't providing breakfast, but on request they provided the breakfast also.
Booking
From then on the experiences at the resort was excellent. All the staff was supportive and offered great food and value for stay.

1. They gave access to Steam and Sauna as a complimentary gesture. Many times they have offered some drinks and some other food stuff when there is no buffet for lunch or dinner. Overall I had a memorable stay with family spent some quality time over there.
2. They have Kids club (Free Access), Bowling Alley, Bike and car stimulator so that kids will enjoy over there.
3. They have camping facility over there, where we can goto hill top in the property and have some beautiful sunset view of Rishikesh and Ganga Mata view with some Hot Tea and Hot Maggi.
4. They have 3 pools of which one is Infinity Pool with beautiful Rishikesh and Ganga River View, other is Kids pool and some waves pool and these 2 pools are temperature controlled.

Only drawback is the property is approximately 20kms from Rishikesh centre and you need to use the resort travel desk to move out and vehicle tariff is on higher side.
With Booking via points, how much taxes do we need to pay?

anurag130

TF Buzz
Anyone who have visited this property in 2024 and received complementary breakfast added to the package? In my case they are refusing to provide complementary breakfast despite being a Gold Elite member.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Anyone who have visited this property in 2024 and received complementary breakfast added to the package? In my case they are refusing to provide complementary breakfast despite being a Gold Elite member.
They must have got more requests now. sorry to see your request being denied.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Nice post and awesome pics.
BTW you could have stayed the 5th night for free .