• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Annoying experience with Accor redemption at an Ibis hotel

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I stayed at an Ibis hotel and booked through the Accor app, redeeming 2,000 points for around INR 3,500.

When I went to check out, the staff said they couldn't see the points redemption and asked me to pay the full amount. I responded that this was a redemption, and I only had to pay the remaining amount, which was around INR 800.

I don't think the receptionist knew about redemptions or redemption options, and their Accor app wasn't displaying the points redemption, even though I could see the remaining amount I needed to pay in the Accor app and in the booking confirmation email I had received.

After some back and forth and spending several minutes at the checkout, I paid the remaining amount shown in the app and asked them to call me if there were any issues.

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
is there a difference when we add breakfast. I saw rates same as breakfast added to room and the rate with breakfast. And another 10 euros for dinner halfboard rate. So why not just choose with bf rate or half board rate

dileep

TF Select
VIP Lounge
is there a difference when we add breakfast. I saw rates same as breakfast added to room and the rate with breakfast. And another 10 euros for dinner halfboard rate. So why not just choose with bf rate or half board rate
What includes in bed and breakfast only breakfast right

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I stayed at an Ibis hotel and booked through the Accor app, redeeming 2,000 points for around INR 3,500.

When I went to check out, the staff said they couldn't see the points redemption and asked me to pay the full amount. I responded that this was a redemption, and I only had to pay the remaining amount, which was around INR 800.

I don't think the receptionist knew about redemptions or redemption options, and their Accor app wasn't displaying the points redemption, even though I could see the remaining amount I needed to pay in the Accor app and in the booking confirmation email I had received.

After some back and forth and spending several minutes at the checkout, I paid the remaining amount shown in the app and asked them to call me if there were any issues.
I wanted to redeem 48000 points for my booking for about Rs 90k, I already mentioned at the hotel during Checkin, that I faced lot of issues during checkout at your hotel last time, so please redeem these points at the time of checkin itself, it took 20-30 min for then to redeem.

Reactions: CMG

dileep

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can modify it during check in to add dinner (didn't try. and it will be costlier than booking via app) and then use points to pay for it.
burned 4k points and paid 184 rs with card process is smooth

Reactions: CMG