• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Swissôtel Singapore - Redemption issue.

vkjalan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey,
I am currently at Swissôtel Stamford Singapore and before Checkin I was very clear to the reservations team that I would be redeeming my points toward the stay for which they confirmed that they could help me do that during my Checkin.

But to my surprise inspite of the repeatedly telling the front desk staff that I would be paying for my stay using points they still insisted and went ahead to charge my credit card total cost of the stay + S$400 as deposit.

And post payment when I was still very furry about it finally the manager stepped in and did redeem my points towards my stay but did not refund the amount charged to my card.

I wanted to understand if this is normal and during checkout the charged amount would be refunded to the card or not. Also what is the precautions to be taken during checkout to make sure that the charged amount is released.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hey,
I am currently at Swissôtel Stamford Singapore and before Checkin I was very clear to the reservations team that I would be redeeming my points toward the stay for which they confirmed that they could help me do that during my Checkin.

But to my surprise inspite of the repeatedly telling the front desk staff that I would be paying for my stay using points they still insisted and went ahead to charge my credit card total cost of the stay + S$400 as deposit.

And post payment when I was still very furry about it finally the manager stepped in and did redeem my points towards my stay but did not refund the amount charged to my card.

I wanted to understand if this is normal and during checkout the charged amount would be refunded to the card or not. Also what is the precautions to be taken during checkout to make sure that the charged amount is released.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.
This is a standard practice at almost all hotels. They will hold some cash as a deposit via CC. A few days after checkout, it will be automatically released.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
This is the norm at most hotels. Some hotels allow you to choose either cash or pre-authorisation on your card. If they cannot block the amount on your card, you will be charged upfront and cash(in local currency) is returned on checkout. You don't need to worry as the hold will be released once you checkout and the payment has been settled by you.

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I stayed at the Swissotel around two weeks ago. The $400 security deposit is standard, and it will be refunded within a few days of checkout.

In my instance, I booked four rooms, and they were still very accommodating in terms of burning points for the full stay, including taxes. I checked in at the L67 lounge counter.