• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How are IBIS hotels?

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can anyone tell me how are ibis hotels in general? Who is a typical guest at these properties? Even better if you can compare from the pov of someone who would typically stay at Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel or Swissotel, Movenpick etc from the same group.

I understand this is a more budget offering from Accor. In India, there are very few premium brands of Accor, they mostly have only Ibis and Novotel. Which makes sense for our price sensitive market. I'm guessing these are probably comparable to the Taj Gateway/Ginger hotels? Haven't stayed at those either.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
They're just your run of the mill economy hotels. You can't compare it with the likes of Raffles, Sofitel, Swissotel, Movenpic,Pulkman etc., all luxury/premium brands of hotels from Accor. As you mentioned, it is something along the lines of Ginger(from IHCL).
Gateway and Novotel are midscale offerings and they offer a slightly more premium experience.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
ibis hotels are budget hotels generally targeted at business travelers, sales executives, Airline cabin crew who travel and stay on business purpose. Their majority rooms are also equipped twin beds. They do offer rooms without breakfast also which do cater for Air Hostess and Captains too who just come and have a sleep and rush to their flights.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How are the hygiene and cleanliness standards? I don't expect luxury from a budget place like this. Do they uphold accor standards? Or nobody cares and everything is chaltha hai?

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
How are the hygiene and cleanliness standards? I don't expect luxury from a budget place like this. Do they uphold accor standards? Or nobody cares and everything is chaltha hai?
They are good with minimal luxury and good comfort. But you will be feeling the budget everywhere. No complains about cleanliness and hygiene.

I have been to their Chennai, Hyd, and BLR properties all are fine. But restrict yourself just for night stay because you won't find any amenities for staying through out the day.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I’ve heard that some hotels don’t maintain the required hygiene that comes with the brand. That goes with all the budget names across the different hotel chains. I had a terrible experience at Fairfield by Marriott, Hyderabad. Stained carpets, broken faucets and what not. Caution you to read the reviews before booking a reservation with the hotel.

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
I've been to Ibis hotels in Phuket, Krabi, Malacca, Paris, Barcelona & Madrid.
They're decent, small sized rooms and are clean, but you won't find them to look as good as other premium hotel chains.
They are good options if you wish to stay in Budget

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ibis City Centre Bengaluru hygiene standards are good, but the air quality in the rooms was very bad.
One floor is only for smoking-enabled rooms. Rest are non-smoking, but the dusty, heavy air smell was uncomfortable.

If you are traveling abroad, IBIS is a good brand for BUDGET stays - in the middle of major towns in many countries.

Mostly, self-service rooms. So, ideal for those who does not need helpers. Not ultra modern or super luxury - but very convenient, comfortable and affordable.

We used IBIS in London, Paris, Geneva, Belgium n in Italy.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I was looking for options when traveling within India to smaller towns and there aren't any upscale options. And the best you can find are ibis, ginger, etc or independent unknown hotels. I guess it comes down to each individual property.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I was looking for options when traveling within India to smaller towns and there aren't any upscale options. And the best you can find are ibis, ginger, etc or independent unknown hotels. I guess it comes down to each individual property.
You can also try Wyndham. Most of them are actually 3-4 star but there are a few upscale properties as well.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can anyone tell me how are ibis hotels in general? Who is a typical guest at these properties? Even better if you can compare from the pov of someone who would typically stay at Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel or Swissotel, Movenpick etc from the same group.

I understand this is a more budget offering from Accor. In India, there are very few premium brands of Accor, they mostly have only Ibis and Novotel. Which makes sense for our price sensitive market. I'm guessing these are probably comparable to the Taj Gateway/Ginger hotels? Haven't stayed at those either.
IBIS are matchboxes., minimum space.. ideal for singles.. double will be a squeeeeze.. v v small rooms.. ok for just a night's sleep types.. more than 1 person can be uncomfortable

DevilDog

TF Buzz
Ibis hotels are clean and decent for a nights sleep mostly catered towards the business travellers. It is an economy hotel for short night stays.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
IBIS are matchboxes., minimum space.. ideal for singles.. double will be a squeeeeze.. v v small rooms.. ok for just a night's sleep types.. more than 1 person can be uncomfortable
Spot on. It feels small even for 1 person especially the bathroom.