• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotels in Japan using Magnus & Amex Reward Points

beingmohit

TF Premier
I am planning a 7-8 days trip to Japan this July. I have around 1,80,000 ER points, 30,000 Infinia points and 30,000 Amex MRCC points. I think I can go with Marriot, IGH, or Accor Properties. Accor seems attractive as I have the option of paying for meals/other services in hotels with points.
I would like to know if there are any tips or hacks that can help me save points/money, get room upgrades, etc.
Thanks in advance.

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
I am planning a 7-8 days trip to Japan this July. I have around 1,80,000 ER points, 30,000 Infinia points and 30,000 Amex MRCC points. I think I can go with Marriot, IGH, or Accor Properties. Accor seems attractive as I have the option of paying for meals/other services in hotels with points.
I would like to know if there are any tips or hacks that can help me save points/money, get room upgrades, etc.
Thanks in advance.
I am also going japan in july but I will go after bali not directly.
It would be enough. Accor will be enough for you. I saw with 50k you can stay in hotels for 15 days.

Did you buy Japan rail pass and if so which one ?
Also how much time does it take to you for visa ?
Also I would recommend buying accor plus membership

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Thanks in advance.
Get Accor membership which gives 1 night free stay at different hotels (free award night have limited locations so ensure to check the proximity in Japan)
Yes Accor f&b can be settled by points

Last edited:

cardwala

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Yes it’s 1 only
Just got it mixed with Axis bank reserve card complimentary Accor membership
Modified now thank you
Planning to buy Accor membership. But there are properties that cannot be booked using the complimentary stay voucher.

Is there any way through which we can check which all properties we can book using voucher before purchasing the paid membership.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Planning to buy Accor membership. But there are properties that cannot be booked using the complimentary stay voucher.

Is there any way through which we can check which all properties we can book using voucher before purchasing the paid membership.
It’s not segregated by hotels
While u applying membership they ask for desired locations or by default give u hometown based vouchers
Better don’t buy from online where we can’t fix location try to buy from Accor sales team they will ask u location and then proceed with issuing vouchers

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
Thanks in advance.
I have been there for 15 days. You can watch my youtube for reference https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOUnBqH2NuOfdmA4DXLm0Mg
about stay go for accor I stayed in accor property everywhere.

Toyama, Sapporo I took Hilton which is a really lovely property.
Don't take small rooms in OSAKA the air is really bad, Take bigger rooms only.
You will get upgraded everywhere only ibis won't because all rooms are the same.
Yes you can pay with points 2000=40 euro

if you going to mount fuji take Airbnb.
Always make sure you have 20k INR in yen currency. The Metro ticket system sucks a lot, they won't allow you to pay with a credit card only cash.
If possible use PASMO CARD)

Wanna buy electronics go to BIC CAMERA, YODABASHI - 10% DISCOUNT ON PASSPORT TAX FREE

Be polite, and respectful and that's it you are good to go.