• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My First Stay with Accor (in India): Overall Experience

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hotel: Mercure KCP, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
Duration: 4D, 3N

I never stayed at an Accor property in India particularly due to sticking to Taj and ITC and experiments towards building loyalty with Marriott over the past few years.

A late surprise led to me making a trip to Hyderabad. Due to non-availability of rooms in Taj Deccan and Taj Krishna, I decided to go with Mercure KCP.

While Mercure is nowhere close to the above two and comes under Accor's midscale brands (it is a 4-star hotel) , I chose it because of the following reasons:
  • Situated in Banjara Hills
  • Walking distance from the metro station
  • Proximity to the old part of the city
The Hotel:

The hotel is situated in Banjara Hills, one of the posh areas in Hyderabad and is close to both the bus stop and the metro station. Given the good public transport in Hyderabad, travelling to any part of the city isn't much of a hassle.

The hotel didn't have a pool but did have a modest gym.

IMG20231124184622.jpg

The hotel also offered splendid views, with both the Secretariat as well as Husain Sagar Lake be seen from the hotel. Also, both the Taj Hotels can be viewed from the rooftop restaurant.

IMG20231125070048.jpg

IMG20231125062311.jpg

The Room:

IMG20231123142941.jpg

IMG20231125082514.jpg

My room was one floor below the terrace on the 11th floor and offered a good view of the city. This is one of their basic rooms but I found the size to be decent and overall comfortable. The bathroom wasn't too small though the only thing I hate was the tablet toothpaste. 😭

This was the view from my room.

IMG20231125082458.jpg

The Food:

Opted for European plan as there is no point in eating in a hotel when I am in the city which offers the best food in the country (sorry Kolkata peeps 😅).

The breakfast choices were decent with good options in veg as well as desserts. Eggs, sausages, dosa, waffles and pancakes can also be ordered free of cost. Also, this was the first time I had seen a hotel serving maggi for breakfast. The food was good other than the Babaganoush.

IMG20231126093115.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0001.jpg

IMG20231125080142.jpg

IMG20231126093120.jpg
Tried limited options for breakfast but most of it was good.

Overall Experience:

This is my first time I stayed at an Accor property in India. Despite being a part of their budget portfolio, it is a decent hotel. Can occasionally stay with them in the future.

Also, please don't ask any redemption related questions as it was a work trip. 😅

Last edited:

dileep

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I went to this hotel few times in deluxe room option there is a 1hr free cocktail offer it's good had many cocktails n whisky

aijaz21ahmad

TF Buzz
My recent stay at Grand Mercure Bangalore Gopalan Mall...first at any Accor property.
It was nice very similar room and BF as in yours stay...
Accor is good

bandook

TF Neo
Walter White GIF by Breaking Bad

It really is a small world Mr.White. Good to have found you here