• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Properties Dubai

G M

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

Would like to share my experience with Accor Properties of Dubai.

1. Swissotel Dubai. - 15k INR/day.
+ Great locn, Walkable distance to Dubai mall. Recommended for first day stay in Dubai.
- Avg room space, Nothing premium.

I don't personally see any reason why this is premium.

2. Ibis - Al Barsha - 6k INR/day
+ Nothing
- Room is very very small. Damn. I won't pay 1k also in India. You need to pay 10 AED for the Brush. Receptionist was trying to cheat. AVOID.

3. Novotel - Al Barsha - 10k INR/day
+ Good hospitality, spacious. amenities, Free transportation available to various locations.(which I wasn't aware before)
- Nothing specific

4. Novotel - World Trade Center - 10k INR/day
+ Good hospitality, spacious, amenities. Free transportation available to various locations.(which I wasn't aware before)
- Nothing specific

In general, I figured out that IBIS properties are useless in Dubai. Go for Novotel for "value for money". For all my bookings, I have used Accor points.

Last edited:

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

1. Swissotel Dubai. - 15k INR/day.
+ Great locn, Walkable distance to Dubai mall. Recommended for first day stay in Dubai.
- Avg room space, Nothing premium.

I don't personally see any reason why this is premium.

2. Ibis - Al Barsha - 6k INR/day
+ Nothing
- Room is very very small. Damn. I won't pay 1k also in India. You need to pay 10 AED for the Brush. Receptionist was trying to cheat. AVOID.

+ Good hospitality, spacious. amenities, Free transportation available to various locations.(which I wasn't aware before)
- Nothing specific

+ Good hospitality, spacious, amenities
- Nothing specific

In general, I figured out that IBIS properties are useless in Dubai. Go for Novotel for "value for money"
Good Info! Thanks

How is the location and connectivity from main attractions of both Novotel properties you mentioned?

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I can highly recommend the old Raffles @ Wafi city/mall. Great service and nice large rooms though with traditional decor.
The sofitel obelisk nearby (at the other end of the mall) is also supposed to be good though I haven't stayed there personally as yet.

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am going to Novotel Al barsha in December for 7 days with my family. Would appreciate a more detailed review. Thanks

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
- Nothing specific
Free transportation means? By bus? Where to? Thanks

G M

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am going to Novotel Al barsha in December for 7 days with my family. Would appreciate a more detailed review. Thanks
Hello Bhavik, What exactly are you looking for? I hardly had time to use all the amenities of the property. However, the hotel has the transportation to certain places at definite time. You may enquire when checkin in. Also, during check in, you can burn more points in 1000s to minimise the revenue.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

- Nothing specific

+ Good hospitality, spacious, amenities. Free transportation available to various locations.(which I wasn't aware before)
- Nothing specific
I am about to book one of the Novotel properties in Dubai for 7 nights in second week of Feb using Accor points

Any particular preference with respect to Novotel Al Barsha vs Novotel WTC? Which one would you recommend, both from room size and location perspective?

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am about to book one of the Novotel properties in Dubai for 7 nights in second week of Feb using Accor points

Any particular preference with respect to Novotel Al Barsha vs Novotel WTC? Which one would you recommend, both from room size and location perspective?
Stayed in Novotel Al Barsha junior suite for a week in December. Hard avoid. Totally aged rooms with everything just about to break. Breakfast has very little vegetarian options. Stayed at Adagio Premium The Palm for 31st night. Was a saving grace after a really sad experience at Novotel.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Stayed in Novotel Al Barsha junior suite for a week in December. Hard avoid. Totally aged rooms with everything just about to break. Breakfast has very little vegetarian options. Stayed at Adagio Premium The Palm for 31st night. Was a saving grace after a really sad experience at Novotel.
Ohh.. Ok. I have booked Executive Suit. Will try to negotiate for upgrade based on Gold status. Lets see now. Fingers crossed. Novotel Al Barsha gave the best value among all properties with good connectivity

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So I booked Executive Suite and got upgraded to 2 bedroom suite in Novotel al Barsha (upgrade did not come easily though)

2 bedroom suite on 30th floor was awesome. It had 2 bathrooms and 1 extra toilet, helping us get ready on time in the mornings. Rooms were good well maintained. It also had washing machine with dryer. It really helped during the long stay

Got 4 welcome drink vouchers at the time of checkin (cocktails / alcoholic beverages / mocktails from menu). Got 25% discount on all food + alcohol orders - at the restaurant as well as on in room dining. Finally paid all this via Accor points and 12 AED was paid on card.

Location wise it is a 2-3 min walk from from Mashreq metro station. Location of hotel is good if you want to frequently visit JBR and Abu Dhabi. Free Shuttle bus for Yas Island Abu Dhabi leaves from Mall of Emirates which is very near to this hotel

Sofitel is also there..any review about that?
I stayed at Sofitel Downtown in the 2nd last week of December and the experience was amazing. I had booked a mid-level room (don't remember which category) but they upgraded me to a Luxury Room with Club Millesime access on the 29th floor (hotel is 30 floors) with a coastline view.

The staff was super nice, the breakfast buffet spread - expansive and the pool and other amenities were great. Pool gives you a direct view of Burj Khalifa and since we travelled with a 2 year old kid we did use the in hotel children's day care for few hours as well.
Unfortunately we didn't get to eat at the in-house restaurants other than the buffet because of our visits to the Christmas markets. One of the most luxurious things about the hotel was the menu card for sleeping utilities - Eye masks of different kinds, pillows of different types (all complimentary).
Overall I would say a 6* experience.

My upgrade experience in Dubai (I am an Accor Gold member)
Abu Dhabi - No upgrade (they said all rooms were booked),
Sofitel Palm McGallery- Upgraded us to the best category room they had available at that time.
Dubai Pullman - Upgraded to a better view room in the same category.

Avoid IBIS hotels at all costs anywhere in the world, unless you are really on a budget.