• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

US Credit Cards

Had been going through some past threads on getting a US CC sitting here in India but they seem to be based on a service called Aeldra which has now been shut down.
Is there still an alternative tried and tested way to get a US CC from here in India for someone who's never been there?

TechDrifter

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You dont need an SSN or address proof for Amex as long as you have a good existing relationship with them here in India. You would still need a US address and a phone number as they'll call you on it to verify your identity and address.

miles_guy

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
You dont need an SSN or address proof for Amex as long as you have a good existing relationship with them here in India. You would still need a US address and a phone number as they'll call you on it to verify your identity and address.
Are you sure they don't need any address proof for amex, I had everything else otherwise. Anyone with experience in this?

TechDrifter

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Are you sure they don't need any address proof for amex, I had everything else otherwise. Anyone with experience in this?
As long as you have good credit history with them. No need. I have a US AMEX card without needing any address proof in US. you definitely need a US address and a US phone Number for verification call and delivery.

miles_guy

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So do I need to apply via Nova Credit or a friend's referral link will do. Thinking Amex green?