• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

US Credit Card Queries

CC_Fire

TF Premier
TFers, (and especially @TechnoFino ) would appreciate any feedback on the following

1. Has anyone used a non US bank account to pay Amex Credit Card bills in the US? For ex: a wise USD account which is technically not in the US. Can you add Amex CC as beneficiary and pay off the bills regularly without any issue?

2. Has anyone been able to get the card shipped to an Indian address? Seems @Avishma1 has had that experience. In that case, do we really need a US address from snapmailbox or something?

3. I do not have any business/income in the US but do invest in US stocks and ETFs, does having a CC and a credit profile in the US expose you to any tax issues. I understand everyone's situation may be different but if anyone has come across any specific tax issues this creates, would be great if he/she can point that out.

Appreciate the help!

Avishma1

TF Select
TFers, (and especially @TechnoFino ) would appreciate any feedback on the following

1. Has anyone used a non US bank account to pay Amex Credit Card bills in the US? For ex: a wise USD account which is technically not in the US. Can you add Amex CC as beneficiary and pay off the bills regularly without any issue?

2. Has anyone been able to get the card shipped to an Indian address? Seems @Avishma1 has had that experience. In that case, do we really need a US address from snapmailbox or something?

3. I do not have any business/income in the US but do invest in US stocks and ETFs, does having a CC and a credit profile in the US expose you to any tax issues. I understand everyone's situation may be different but if anyone has come across any specific tax issues this creates, would be great if he/she can point that out.

Appreciate the help!
1.If anyone wants to pay the card from a non issued bank account then it can be only through wire transfer. Contact Amex customer service they will provide the wire transfer info which is processed through jp Morgan Chase bank.

2. Yes, the card can be shipped at foriegn address on CM request but there is a dedicated team who process such request over the call.

3. Not much info about taxing.

Thanks

aditya001

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Appreciate the help!
1. Wire transfer is possible but you cant do it using wise because its a (FFC) wire transfer, that means the account is common for all but after that you have to further credit it to your account number. Can't do it using netbanking of indian banks also, there is no option to do that, you can try visiting the branch and ask if its possible or not..

2. After getting the card and activating it, maybe you can for replacements but you will face issues for sure, anyway you can update your mailing address to a virtual address after getting a card, also important thing to understand is US credit cards are for US residents only.. so technically by giving fake address proof of virtual address is for sure a crime, if you are paying bills on time you will not face any issues though, but yeah it is what it is..

3. Don't have any idea about it bro..

aditya001

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What? Like seriously? I don't think so. Lol, thats weird.

Probably they don't have any clauzes for this in their agreement but if someone can give me url that says otherwise, please do.
Yup, its not about clauze of amex but US banking in general, Its restricted for only US citizens and US residents, Banks who allow Indians to open bank account in US, themself found a loop hole, the register themself in puerto rico which is a US Territory and not a states and there laws allows others to open bank account.

Also when you check in the amex apps address section they have divided that into 2 parts

1. Home address (PO Box and virtual address) not allowed, clearly written there
2. Mailing address (In this you can give PO box address)

when you sign up for amex you have to prove that you live in the US, for those who are using virtual address and bank statement method, what they do is

1. They open bank account with bank registered in puerto rico
2. They manage to add the virtual address as home address in the statement, as these banks are very small they don't really do much security checks. (I my self have told you how to add the address in zenus)
3. Use that statement as proof for amex address proof, if the cibil score is good the card gets approved per conditionally so once the address proof is submitted, its automatically gets approved.

But, the thing is this your virtual address will be added in your Home address also, where they have clearly mentioned its not allowed. (we have just used a loop hole to do it so)

So yehh its pretty illegal, is there any consequence for this? not until your account will though any sort of manual review, generally if anyone defaults there debt. Don't know what will happen though they only just might close the card if they find that out.. (Don't know just guessing)

Also one more interesting thing, if anyone don't know, there system do recognise what is virtual address and what is home address, once few months back i tried with virtual address and the customer representative told me that its showing as virtual address in there system.