• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Help Obtaining US Bank Account, Debit Card, or Credit Card from India for Selling United Airline Miles on TheMilesMarket

shubhamosy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I've encountered a bit of a roadblock while trying to sell my United Airline miles on www.themilesmarket.com, and I'm hoping someone here might have some helpful insights or suggestions.

Here's the situation:

I decided to sell my United Airline miles and found themilesmarket.com, a platform that seemed quite genuine based on numerous reviews I read. I went ahead and created a PayPal account as they requested.

The issue arose during the second step of the process. They asked me to add a credit card to my United account under my name, with the explanation that taxes would be debited in the range of $30-$60. However, when I attempted to add my Indian credit card, I received an error message stating, "This card can't be saved due to Indian government regulations."

I promptly contacted themilesmarket.com's support team, explaining the situation and the error message I received. Their response was, "We are aware that sometimes United has issues with adding Indian credit cards. Do you have any other card in your name that is registered in a different country?"

Unfortunately, I do have a friend who holds U.S. credit cards, but they insist that the card must be under my name specifically. I also inquired about using a Visa prepaid card, to which they replied, "We can't use prepaid cards, we apologize. Only working credit cards."

Upon further investigation, I discovered that United Airlines allows you to save non-Indian credit or debit cards. However, finding a way to obtain a U.S. bank account and credit card from India has proven to be quite challenging. www.payoneer.com seems to have discontinued issuing debit cards and now only provides receiving payment services. Utoppia - Global Neobank is on a waitlist, and Zenus Bank doesn't issue debit cards for Indians, only bank accounts.

So, I'm reaching out to the community in the hopes that someone might have some creative solutions or suggestions on how to navigate this situation. If anyone has any insights on how to get a U.S. bank account and credit/debit card from India or has encountered a similar issue while selling miles, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

I believe that other nations, such as Canada and others, DC/CC might work.

Tagging @TechnoFino @Wealth is my birth right! @vaibhav111 @RewardsAlert

Tejo

TF Legend
I've encountered a bit of a roadblock while trying to sell my United Airline miles on www.themilesmarket.com, and I'm hoping someone here might have some helpful insights or suggestions.

Here's the situation:

I decided to sell my United Airline miles and found themilesmarket.com, a platform that seemed quite genuine based on numerous reviews I read. I went ahead and created a PayPal account as they requested.

The issue arose during the second step of the process. They asked me to add a credit card to my United account under my name, with the explanation that taxes would be debited in the range of $30-$60. However, when I attempted to add my Indian credit card, I received an error message stating, "This card can't be saved due to Indian government regulations."

I promptly contacted themilesmarket.com's support team, explaining the situation and the error message I received. Their response was, "We are aware that sometimes United has issues with adding Indian credit cards. Do you have any other card in your name that is registered in a different country?"

Unfortunately, I do have a friend who holds U.S. credit cards, but they insist that the card must be under my name specifically. I also inquired about using a Visa prepaid card, to which they replied, "We can't use prepaid cards, we apologize. Only working credit cards."

Upon further investigation, I discovered that United Airlines allows you to save non-Indian credit or debit cards. However, finding a way to obtain a U.S. bank account and credit card from India has proven to be quite challenging. www.payoneer.com seems to have discontinued issuing debit cards and now only provides receiving payment services. Utoppia - Global Neobank is on a waitlist, and Zenus Bank doesn't issue debit cards for Indians, only bank accounts.

So, I'm reaching out to the community in the hopes that someone might have some creative solutions or suggestions on how to navigate this situation. If anyone has any insights on how to get a U.S. bank account and credit/debit card from India or has encountered a similar issue while selling miles, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

N26 ... German Neobank
Revolut ... British Neobank (waitlist)
Airwallex ... Australian neobank
Klarna... Swedish neobank

Celsius ... us but crypto type dc

Note: Just I heard the names, you need go through one by one, which might work for you.

shubhamosy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
N26 ... German Neobank
Revolut ... British Neobank (waitlist)
Airwallex ... Australian neobank
Klarna... Swedish neobank

Celsius ... us but crypto type dc

Note: Just I heard the names, you need go through one by one, which might work for you.
Thanks @Tejo For Reply

i have gone through the list
N26 - Not available India
Revolut - Waitlist
Airwallex - looks like payment routing platform same like payoneer
Klarna - It's a BNPL app

Thanks anyways

Checker25

TF Buzz
Hello Together, i am from Germany and i am applying for an US AMEX. I made a wise account, but i want to search for further possibilities to pay the future amex bill.

This forum has great value and maybe you know, how i can pay my amex bill via banks/wallets/other credit cards?

Does any of the the apps mentioned allow to register for me as a german person?

shadow

TF Premier

Here's the situation:

were you able to sell your united airmiles?