• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Green Card US variant šŸ”„

rohitb

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Did you get it shipped to an Indian address?
No, to US address.
I used address of a friend but was contemplating buying local address from a service provider and using forwarding services . Saved around 50-100 USD there.

rohitb

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
People more diligent and thorough than me have already captured step by step process here

Thread 'How to apply for US credit card - guide for non-resident' https://www.technofino.in/community...or-us-credit-card-guide-for-non-resident.193/

I too followed the link and process captured in the thread to apply.

Some Requirements -

You will need
US phone number
US address
Might need address proof (They didn't ask me, although I have US bank account statement as proof)
No need of SSN for certain cards (i have SSN)
US bank account (not sure if there is a way round it by using someone else's account to pay bills)

rohitb

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
How do u pay? Through Indian account?
I have not paid yet , but I have a US account and I have requested my friend to transfer money there (else i would have transferred from Indian account)
Will pay using that.

virv

TF Buzz
It's been 3 years since me using an Amex US card the benefits are unbeatable. Forex charge 0, You earn 3x points of Travel, dining, rideshare.

So it's 3x on 82 INR.

US concierge service is dope.
You can even book short distance flights at cheap rates using points only no taxes. Like BKK to Vietnam, BKK to Singapore, Hanoi to DPS and much more. if you compare it will Krisflyer mile you have to pay $50-80 taxes on top of what you likes points.
Anyone using Green Card?
iā€™m holding it from last 1 year, i had gold card before that and downgraded to green card as fees was higher,

tell me if i spend in foreign currency on travel, do i still get 3x points?

ps iā€™m holding this card just because donā€™t want to close my membership of us amex card. another one iā€™m holding is blue cash card.

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
iā€™m holding it from last 1 year, i had gold card before that and downgraded to green card as fees was higher,

tell me if i spend in foreign currency on travel, do i still get 3x points?

ps iā€™m holding this card just because donā€™t want to close my membership of us amex card. another one iā€™m holding is blue cash card.
yes as it says anywhere , Why you want to close its just 150$ card?

virv

TF Buzz
yes as it says anywhere , Why you want to close its just 150$ card?
yes i donā€™t want to close it thatā€™s why i have downgraded from gold to this šŸ˜„ gold has 250$ fees while this one has 150$ so i can continue membership by paying just 150,
iā€™m getting offer to upgrade it to platinum card, is it worth to upgrade?

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
yes i donā€™t want to close it thatā€™s why i have downgraded from gold to this šŸ˜„ gold has 250$ fees while this one has 150$ so i can continue membership by paying just 150,
iā€™m getting offer to upgrade it to platinum card, is it worth to upgrade?
Stay on green , better than any card:)