• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold Upgrade to Regalia Gold FYF From LTF DCP ?

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi all, after the recent devaluation of DCP, i reached out to HDFC Bank to upgrade to DCB but they declined and are offering FYF Regalia Gold. Since i have Magnus i would not spend 4L on Regalia Gold to make it free next year. Should i Upgrade ?

rogerthat

TF Ace
I am in the same situation. And I did not opt for it since I don't see it offering any additional benefits that Magnus doesn't provide right now. The only better benefit it currently offers is lounge access for add-on card holders (6 times per year primary and add-on together).

But then again if you are looking for only that benefit, SC Ease My Trip card provides 4 lounge access (2 each) per year for primary and add-on together for just Rs.350 per year. I decided to keep the useless LTF Diners Privilege card, that too only for SmartBuy offers.

Anything other than DCB upgrade (forget Infinia) makes no sense. But HDFC is acting too high-brow these days.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am in the same situation. And I did not opt for it since I don't see it offering any additional benefits that Magnus doesn't provide right now. The only better benefit it currently offers is lounge access for add-on card holders (6 times per year primary and add-on together).

But then again if you are looking for only that benefit, SC Ease My Trip card provides 4 lounge access (2 each) per year for primary and add-on together for just Rs.350 per year. I decided to keep the useless LTF Diners Privilege card, that too only for SmartBuy offers.

Anything other than DCB upgrade (forget Infinia) makes no sense. But HDFC is acting too high-brow these days.
Yes, DCP is useless now except for HDFC offers. Even i am thinking not to upgrade as its a paid upgrade

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi all, after the recent devaluation of DCP, i reached out to HDFC Bank to upgrade to DCB but they declined and are offering FYF Regalia Gold. Since i have Magnus i would not spend 4L on Regalia Gold to make it free next year. Should i Upgrade ?
take the fyf offer.
in the last month of the free year call and tell them to cancel as you dont have any use of the card.
worst case they will close the card
best case you get ltf or another year free

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I feel poll should be Regalia Gold and LTF Diners Privilege as you've asked better of both (But Yes and No are mentioned in the poll)

If you are planning to use card extensively (4L in a year) go for HDFC Regalia Gold, or just for the sake of HDFC offers go for LTF DCP.

HDFC Regalia Gold:

Pros: Club Vistara Silver Tier (Not many benefits but you get Tier), MMT Black Elite(you get access to deals and Cash backs to wallet), Vouchers on spending milestones (1.5L, 5L ,7.5L), 5X on some merchant spends, Lounges better than Axis Select, you can get lounge access to add on cards also, Exclusive gold catalogue, 4L annual spends for fee waiver less compared to Axis Select.

Cons: reward redemption limited to 70% only, high eligibility salary criteria compared to Axis select.

**Complimentary Club Vistara Silver Tier and MMT Black Elite Membership when you spend Rs.1 Lakhs and above within 90 days of card issuance.

You've better benefits on Regalia Gold compared to DCP(Not mentioned any benefits because its devalued and not many superior benefits)

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I feel poll should be Regalia Gold and LTF Diners Privilege as you've asked better of both (But Yes and No are mentioned in the poll)

If you are planning to use card extensively (4L in a year) go for HDFC Regalia Gold, or just for the sake of HDFC offers go for LTF DCP.

HDFC Regalia Gold:

Pros: Club Vistara Silver Tier (Not many benefits but you get Tier), MMT Black Elite(you get access to deals and Cash backs to wallet), Vouchers on spending milestones (1.5L, 5L ,7.5L), 5X on some merchant spends, Lounges better than Axis Select, you can get lounge access to add on cards also, Exclusive gold catalogue, 4L annual spends for fee waiver less compared to Axis Select.

Cons: reward redemption limited to 70% only, high eligibility salary criteria compared to Axis select.

**Complimentary Club Vistara Silver Tier and MMT Black Elite Membership when you spend Rs.1 Lakhs and above within 90 days of card issuance.

You've better benefits on Regalia Gold compared to DCP(Not mentioned any benefits because its devalued and not many superior benefits)
Thanks for the inputs, i am unable to change the poll. Edited the title instead.
I already have Axis Vistara infinite so silver tier will not make sense
I am thinking to keep DCP only, just for HDFC offers

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the inputs, i am unable to change the poll. Edited the title instead.
I already have Axis Vistara infinite so silver tier will not make sense
I am thinking to keep DCP only, just for HDFC offers
Changed your poll as per your request. In that case go for DCP, some day after sometime you can request for Regalia gold in near future. As it is launched recently you won’t get it LTF now.

Axis Vistara card is a good card but you need to be travelling to/from Delhi and Mumbai. Down south it’s not a great card.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Changed your poll as per your request. In that case go for DCP, some day after sometime you can request for Regalia gold in near future. As it is launched recently you won’t get it LTF now.

Axis Vistara card is a good card but you need to be travelling to/from Delhi and Mumbai. Down south it’s not a great card.
Thanks for changing. I travel to Delhi from Bangalore at least 3-4 times in a year so took it and its useful for me.

Irrelevant

TF Buzz
Hi Folks,

Need your suggestions.

I am planning to close HDFC Regalia Gold LTF free card & Rupay CC. I am unable to find it useful since my lounge visits are minimal and have better cards for shopping, viz. AMEX MRCC, SBI CB, AXISMYZONE LTF, AXIS Airtel card, BOB CMAOne Rupay LTF. What are your thoughts?

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi Folks,

Need your suggestions.

I am planning to close HDFC Regalia Gold LTF free card & Rupay CC. I am unable to find it useful since my lounge visits are minimal and have better cards for shopping, viz. AMEX MRCC, SBI CB, AXISMYZONE LTF, AXIS Airtel card, BOB CMAOne Rupay LTF. What are your thoughts?
Why close LTF Cards ?, Also the other cards you have are also basic ones.

Irrelevant

TF Buzz
regalia gold offers absolutely nothing for me other than 12 lounge visits/year which i rarely use(BoB CMAone LTF also offers 12 free lounge visits).
The reward rate is pathetic compared to Amex MRCC. I have other cards which give discounts/cashbacks for every purpose that i spend. This is the only card that i haven't used much.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi Folks,

Need your suggestions.

if it is lt fkeep it as you never know which card you may require at any given point of time due to offers or perks

rogerthat

TF Ace
Hi Folks,

Need your suggestions.

You should not close either. Regalia can be used for SmartBuy offers and vouchers and also RuPay CC can be used for UPI scan and pay.