• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Trying to build a credit card collection

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys, till now I was using Magnus and making high spends like 1-2 lakh/month. After the devaluation, I felt kind of upset and wanted to get the best credit card in each category. I got Magnus on the c2c using Regalia with 6.4 lakh limit, If I had been loyal to Regalia and made my spends there, I would be having an Infinia by now! Anyhow, have done a little research and have come up with a collection of cards that I am planning to apply for. Please give your suggestions.

Currently holding:
1. Regalia Gold 6.8 Lakh (Paid)- Any way to make it LTF? Should I shift all my spends on this so that I can get Infinia?
2. ICICI Rubxy 4.9 lakh (Paid)- seems like a waste card, but can get ICICI specific discounts on Flipkart. Any way to get it LTF? Or should I just downgrade to Platinum?
3. Magnus 6.8 Lakh (FYF) - doesn't seem very appealing anymore, might close it before next renewal

Recently applied for IDFC First Wealth - showed 8.9 lakh limit (in process) - Did not see much use but got it for lounge access and cash withdrawal from ATM since it was LTF
Recently applied Scapia Federal bank card - Approved with 7.7 lakh limit - for zero forex markup feature and unlimited lounge and since it was LTF

Planning to apply
1. SBI Cash back - best card for all Amazon, Swiggy, Myntra, Flipkart as it gives 5% cashback, I don't have any other card which gives 5% returns on these websites!
2. SBI Doctor's Card - 20 lakh Indemnity insurance at 1500/yr - price is same as getting direct indemnity insurance but you get some extra benefits like 5x rewards of travel and international spends - I want to know if it is worth it and what is the rate of return with 5x points?
3. IDFC Power Plus RuPay - seems like the best fuel card plus it gives rewards on UPI transactions

Is it okay to apply for 4-5 credit cards within a month?
Thanks in advance!

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Hello guys, till now I was using Magnus and making high spends like 1-2 lakh/month. After the devaluation, I felt kind of upset and wanted to get the best credit card in each category. I got Magnus on the c2c using Regalia with 6.4 lakh limit, If I had been loyal to Regalia and made my spends there, I would be having an Infinia by now! Anyhow, have done a little research and have come up with a collection of cards that I am planning to apply for. Please give your suggestions.

Currently holding:
1. Regalia Gold 6.8 Lakh (Paid)- Any way to make it LTF? Should I shift all my spends on this so that I can get Infinia?
2. ICICI Rubxy 4.9 lakh (Paid)- seems like a waste card, but can get ICICI specific discounts on Flipkart. Any way to get it LTF? Or should I just downgrade to Platinum?
3. Magnus 6.8 Lakh (FYF) - doesn't seem very appealing anymore, might close it before next renewal

Recently applied for IDFC First Wealth - showed 8.9 lakh limit (in process) - Did not see much use but got it for lounge access and cash withdrawal from ATM since it was LTF
Recently applied Scapia Federal bank card - Approved with 7.7 lakh limit - for zero forex markup feature and unlimited lounge and since it was LTF

Planning to apply
1. SBI Cash back - best card for all Amazon, Swiggy, Myntra, Flipkart as it gives 5% cashback, I don't have any other card which gives 5% returns on these websites!
2. SBI Doctor's Card - 20 lakh Indemnity insurance at 1500/yr - price is same as getting direct indemnity insurance but you get some extra benefits like 5x rewards of travel and international spends - I want to know if it is worth it and what is the rate of return with 5x points?
3. IDFC Power Plus RuPay - seems like the best fuel card plus it gives rewards on UPI transactions

Thanks in advance!
I would say apply 4-5 cc over the span of 2-3 month.

You don't have ICICI apay cc?!?

For upi u may look in tata nue..(as u have high limit hdfc, it would be very easy for to get that)

KLB@96

TF Premier

Currently holding:

Planning to apply

Thanks in advance!
applied for 5 cards and 3 got approved in a month not a single change in CIBIL score

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Currently holding:

Planning to apply

Thanks in advance!
1. Download TATA Neu App and make some big orders there and in some time you'll be rewarded with a banner of LTF Tata Neu Infinity Card. (D2D Spends)

2. Instead of Magnus if you don't have Burgundy then you can go for 2 Axis Cards.
i. Axis Alas (Travel Card)
ii. Axis Vistara Infinite (Travel Card)

3. During BoB LTF offer you can get BOB Eterna. (Just for Offers and Government Fees Payments)

4. ICICI Cards offer poor rewards rate so you're requested to hold an LTF card whichever will it be and Go and get an Amazon Pay ICICI CC. (Basic only for Offers and APay for your D2D Amazon Spends)

5. Instead of Regalia Gold you can also go for DCB. (Low network acceptance rate)

Tip : Try adding LTF cards to your portfolio and move away from paid cards if you can't recover the Charges.

Last edited:

maynigam

TF Premier
1. Download TATA Neu App and make some big orders there and in some time you'll be rewarded with a banner of LTF Tata Neu Infinity Card. (D2D Spends)

2. Instead of Magnus if you don't have Burgundy then you can go for 2 Axis Cards.
i. Axis Alas (Travel Card)
ii. Axis Vistara Infinite (Travel Card)

3. During BoB LTF offer you can get BOB Eterna. (Just for Offers and Government Fees Payments)

4. ICICI Cards offer poor rewards rate so you're requested to hold an LTF card whichever will it be and Go and get an Amazon Pay ICICI CC. (Basic only for Offers and APay for your D2D Amazon Spends)

5. Instead of Regalia Gold you can also go for DCB. (Low network acceptance rate)

Tip : Try adding LTF cards to your portfolio and move away from paid cards if you can't recover the Charges.
Hey. Thanks for the reply.
1. How is Tata Neu better? I hardly shop Croma or travel Vistara
2. Atlas seems good, Vistara Infinite might not be very suitable as I don't travel vistara much (bad connectivity here)
3. How to get this offer?
4. ICICI Amazon Pay seems good but SBI Cashback gives the same benefit across all online platforms and APay card is limited to Amazon. Am I correct?
5. DCB is not being offered to be right now, They had offered FYF once but I didnt take it bcz of the high fees and the fact that it was nothing compared to Magnus back then! ALso, according to HDFC, you cannot downgrade a card once you have upgraded it!

ALso received an update that Amex is available at my pincode, So which one will you suggest in AMEX?

clark_kent

TF Select
VIP Lounge
just called Amex and they said its available. Kindly suggest which is the best card? I'm new to the world of Amex
My suggestion will be based on the spends one can make with Amex cards.

Amex MRCC- This card is a good entry point in Amex world. Spend ₹1500 or more 4 times in a month to get 1000 membership reward points. Additionally if total spends in a month are more than 20K then another 1000 points. You can redeem the points with Amex Gold Collection or transfer to Marriott for best value.

Amex Platinum Travel- For spends upto 4L, this card is super rewarding. You get around 48K MR points and and a 10K Taj voucher once you spend 4L on the card. For me transferring the reward points to Marriott gives the best value.

I would suggest any one of these cards to start with. You can apply via the referral link in my signature to get FYF. Thanks!

Last edited:

clark_kent

TF Select
VIP Lounge
One doubt. If I use referral Link, I get 2k MR points and FYF. If I apply directly, I get 10k points and pay 3500.
So what is the value of 8k MR points?
Good question. If you are planning to get vouchers such as Flipkart/Amazon then 1MR point is 30paisa. So 8K points will be ₹2400 vouchers. For me MR points have given better value with Marriott transfer.

While I am not influencing you to go via referral, getting the card FYF will give a bandwidth to see if the card is really useful(Amex acceptance issues).

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
One doubt. If I use referral Link, I get 2k MR points and FYF. If I apply directly, I get 10k points and pay 3500.
So what is the value of 8k MR points?
Gold collection 18MR value to 7k and 24MR point value for 9k Amazon/myntra.. for Taj it is 24MR points for 10k voucher that for MRCC & Gold Charge Card.
apply via referral for sure.

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
just called Amex and they said its available. Kindly suggest which is the best card? I'm new to the world of Amex
I would suggest Amex platinum travel card. One of best card for budget spenders.

4 lacs spend a year gives minimum 40,000 Amex points(Best converted into Marriott points), 10K taj stay voucher, lounge access etc.

Second choice would be MRCC AND Gold charge.

Other points I love about Amex are-
1.Best customer support,
2.Wallet loading gives points(yuo have compare benefits vs charges of wallet laoding)
3.Multiple spend based offer over the year.
4. Amex multiplier platforms has many good brand. Amazon pay and shopping vouchers doesnt attract any fees(HDFC gyfrt has extra fees).

Neagtives points is acceptance. Otherwise a very good card to hold.