• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need to choose between 14 Axis Credit cards

ank_sh1

TF Premier
Hello all,
I hold an Axis Kwik (Kiwi App) credit card with a limit of 3L. I have been using this card for the last 7-8 months. Today I got a call from Axis Bank which said there are a few preapproved add-on cards offered and the limit will be shared. I was thinking of applying for a physical axis card and today got this offer. Now I am confused between 14 cards that is being shown as an option. I don't want premium cards like Magnus, but a decent one which has good benefits on online spending(movies, grocery and amazon/flipkart), travel and fuel (I know a lot to ask in a card).
Can someone please help me select a good card? Select seems to be a decent one but is quite expensive ~3k. I use BB and a few other apps frequently so will be able to cover the fees easily. But still, it has a fee.

I have attached offered credit SS for reference.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.39 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.39 PM.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 349
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.41 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.41 PM.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 348
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.42 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.42 PM (2).jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 341
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.42 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.42 PM (1).jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 341
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.42 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-11 at 6.29.42 PM.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 347

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have one Axis FK Credit Card and two other Citibank Credit cards (IOCL & Rewards).
At present, while the cards are branded as Citibank, on CIBIL they have started reporting it as Axis Bank credit cards.
My query is, am I holding 3 Axis cards or one as per Axis for their preapproved offers?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have one Axis FK Credit Card and two other Citibank Credit cards (IOCL & Rewards).
At present, while the cards are branded as Citibank, on CIBIL they have started reporting it as Axis Bank credit cards.
My query is, am I holding 3 Axis cards or one as per Axis for their preapproved offers?
Most likely 3 .

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Today I'll check in Axis App whether any card is pre-approved for me. And if it is showing as pre approved then I shall opt for the paid Samsung Infinite card only to close it later after Edge points are credited, Right ?

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Today I'll check in Axis App whether any card is pre-approved for me. And if it is showing as pre approved then I shall opt for the paid Samsung Infinite card only to close it later after Edge points are credited, Right ?
Yes, you can do that ..no problem .

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Okay, just checked pre-approved offers for me. It showed 12 credit cards including Axis Bank Ace credit card. Only myzone was shown as free, rest all with applicable charges.
This is despite me holding 2 other Citibank cards.
So shall I pull the trigger for Samsung Infinity card? Even in worst case 30k edge points worth 6k are going nowhere.

Edit: Applied for Samsung Infinity from the app. Got the SMS that it is approved and will be dispatched soon. Hopefully it will show up in app by tomorrow.

Last edited:

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Okay, just checked pre-approved offers for me. It showed 12 credit cards including Axis Bank Ace credit card. Only myzone was shown as free, rest all with applicable charges.
This is despite me holding 2 other Citibank cards.
So shall I pull the trigger for Samsung Infinity card? Even in worst case 30k edge points worth 6k are going nowhere.

Edit: Applied for Samsung Infinity from the app. Got the SMS that it is approved and will be dispatched soon. Hopefully it will show up in app by tomorrow.
I had 4 Axis and 1 Citi with me. Recently closed 1 Axis Vistara Infinite.

Even though Citi is considered as Axis in CIBIL and other bureaus as of now Axis is issuing 3 cards even with Citi in your portfolio.

4th Axis card will be issued offline with the good relationship with the bank.

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had 4 Axis and 1 Citi with me. Recently closed 1 Axis Vistara Infinite.

Even though Citi is considered as Axis in CIBIL and other bureaus as of now Axis is issuing 3 cards even with Citi in your portfolio.

4th Axis card will be issued offline with the good relationship with the bank.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Dont need so many axis cards, applied Samsung Infinity just to enter into edge rewards game. Will apply privilege card after 3 months, when window opens up.

Pravas

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Got the Samsung infinity 1 month back and 30K ER points today.
I already hold Airtel axis which I intended to keep as my only axis card.

Can I apply for axis privilege via CC right away or need to wait 3 months for this. I intend to close both Samsung and privilege card as soon as I redeem the ER points for vouchers.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Got the Samsung infinity 1 month back and 30K ER points today.
I already hold Airtel axis which I intended to keep as my only axis card.

Can I apply for axis privilege via CC right away or need to wait 3 months for this. I intend to close both Samsung and privilege card as soon as I redeem the ER points for vouchers.
Reddem point close card and apply immediately

sidp

TF Ace
Apay is still good since you can easily get a core icici card after getting it. SBI is really shit for excluding CB card.
Well, they are running a business. The cost of promo offers are shared by both parties(website & bank). Why should bank allow you to double dip? (Though earlier they used to.) It's already a heavily abused card.

Even with fkaxis or apay, their logic is valid. Lets say, fk doesn't exclude apay cc. Then apay holders, would buy from Amazon all the time. And from fk only when they get much better deals. meaning fk would get only loss making customers. So they don't want people to lock in on amazon's ecosystem. They are forcing people to either get fkaxis or non apay icici cc or lose good deals.

taskmaster

TF Select
Well, they are running a business. The cost of promo offers are shared by both parties(website & bank). Why should bank allow you to double dip? (Though earlier they used to.) It's already a heavily abused card.

Even with fkaxis or apay, their logic is valid. Lets say, fk doesn't exclude apay cc. Then apay holders, would buy from Amazon all the time. And from fk only when they get much better deals. meaning fk would get only loss making customers. So they don't want people to lock in on amazon's ecosystem. They are forcing people to either get fkaxis or non apay icici cc or lose good deals.
Anyone who has applied for a SBI card knows they arent doing a very good job of running the business. Their application process is such a hassle.

sidp

TF Ace
Anyone who has applied for a SBI card knows they arent doing a very good job of running the business. Their application process is such a hassle.
Both are different part of business. They are bad at on boarding and customer experience. Because they are not losing job over it. I don't have hope of it improving any time soon. Therefore I have ended all my relationship with sbi.

But as far as reward structure goes, it is the best entry level cc. It is already unsustainable. (Hence the devaluation) Allowing to double dip discount will be suicidal.