• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rupay upi transaction fee

tushu5121

TF Premier
Hello everyone.

in recent days i come to notice that whenever i am doing Payments From my Rupay card through Upi.
The merchant is saying they received less money. And some charges have been debited.
EArlier i thought it might be other issues.

But last week i maid a payment of 26K in hospital and 12.5K in medical Store and 25K in dental clinic.
And 15K in Grocery Store.

And i received calls from them saying they have debited charges from my payment.
And when i saw i relize.
It was 0.02%+18gst.

WHy this is happening.
Is i am doing anything wrong. Or there might be other issue?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone.

in recent days i come to notice that whenever i am doing Payments From my Rupay card through Upi.
The merchant is saying they received less money. And some charges have been debited.
EArlier i thought it might be other issues.

But last week i maid a payment of 26K in hospital and 12.5K in medical Store and 25K in dental clinic.
And 15K in Grocery Store.

And i received calls from them saying they have debited charges from my payment.
And when i saw i relize.
It was 0.02%+18gst.

WHy this is happening.
Is i am doing anything wrong. Or there might be other issue?
Lol did u really said 0.02+ gst

Or 2% + gst ..

If its the former..

Ask the person who said 0.02% . His account type , which company qr code. Etc ..

It would be help to so many 🥶🙏

NPCI getting monopolistic and greedy.
People will soon stop using UPI-CC for any large payment and go back to direct swipe or even stop using rupay card for such payments and start using Visa/Master. NPCI would be forced to review its greed.
But do share full details like what was the QR issuer for receiver and which app you paid from.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Stop using UPI-CC for any large payment and go back to direct swipe. Even better, stop using rupay card for such payments and start using Visa/Master. NPCI would be forced to review its greed.
Hehe its still free with gpay .
So its company whos charging not npcl

Bharatpe starting leving first then freecharge
Paytm
Phone pe
Now
Bank qr too

iNokia

TF Premier
People will soon stop using UPI-CC for any large payment and go back to direct swipe or even stop using rupay card for such payments and start using Visa/Master. NPCI would be forced to review its greed.
Usse kya hoga? Visa/mc don’t have these charges?

tushu5121

TF Premier
In some cases you are right.
But i think they should not make charges on essential item stores.
Like pharmacy. Hospitals and Grocery Stores where people uae to buy daily need items

tushu5121

TF Premier
Visa/MC have clear predefined charges. So the merchants are well aware at the time of payment. Also, many banks offer low charges for high volume merchants like hospitals.
MAny hospital are don't take charges if you pay via sipe.
Because idid my treatments in recent past where i made by CC swipe where no charges taken by then.
But last week i made upi cc transaction same hospital they received less amount deducting 0.2% Charges which was 590rs.
Which wrong in my point of view.

MAny hospital are don't take charges if you pay via sipe.
Because idid my treatments in recent past where i made by CC swipe where no charges taken by then.
But last week i made upi cc transaction same hospital they received less amount deducting 0.2% Charges which was 590rs.
Which wrong in my point of view.
Thats why I said that we should not use UPI-CC for any large payments and stick to swipe only.
NPCI deliberately is creating confusion while being greedy at the same time and this is creating friction between customer and merchants. So till such time they come out with clearly laid down details of charges, stop using UPI-CC for large payments.

Most most merchants are not accepting rupay CC. (Let me rephrase all shops/sellers dont have merchant accounts)
If they accept,then next time you gothey will say CC not accepted.
Finally govt organizations both online and offline do noty accept rupay cc upi.
Rupay CC UPI = Total waste of time

Last edited: