• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

File a dispute with credit card provider for transaction via UPI

ontherocks

TF Premier
Do the credit card transaction dispute clauses hold true if the payment was done on the credit card via UPI? Can we file a transaction dispute to the credit card provider against the merchant for a transaction made via UPI? Merchant is a local merchant and card here is HDFC Tataneu Rupay, if that matters.

Last edited:

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you tell us what is the nature of complaint so that we can help you out better

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The most common clause in credit card dispute, i.e. non fulfillment of product/service.
Merchant did not provide the product after payment.
Sure, if you have the bill for the service/product that was to be delivered, yet not delivered, you can file a chargeback claim. They will ask for proofs and you have to produce them.

#aniket

TF Ace
Do the credit card transaction dispute clauses hold true if the payment was done on the credit card via UPI? Can we file a transaction dispute to the credit card provider against the merchant for a transaction made via UPI? Card here is HDFC Tataneu Rupay, if that matters.
Chargeback or Dispute is independent of the payment method, if I am correct. But the cause of such dispute must be understood to decide whether it falls under that clause or not.

So better if you provide proper details of your case. So that, other members can assist you properly.

ontherocks

TF Premier
Sure, if you have the bill for the service/product that was to be delivered, yet not delivered, you can file a chargeback claim. They will ask for proofs and you have to produce them.
In the case of online ecommerce, because there is a system of trackable delivery, its easy for the CC provider to verify the delivery claim made by both the parties (buyer & seller).
In the case of local merchants, I wonder how will CC provider verify the delivery claim made by both the parties?

#aniket

TF Ace

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Haan hota hai Rupay mein bhi
Got this thread -

Acchi baat hai 😅

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Chargeback process is initiated via Visa / MC, Amex or Diners.

The question is whether such a mechanism,exists with Rupay ? @Abhishek012, thoda prakash daliye.
RuPay, UPI, RuPay CC on UPI sab me chargeback process hote hai. Koi matlab nahi banta hai yeh sab ques karne ka.

Aise bhi starting me issuer banks and acquirer banks investigate karte hai merchant k sath.

Payment network toh last me aate hai agar dispute reject kar deta hai merchant tab.

Ek bande ne 2 years pahele DD par daala tha yeh bank account link UPI ka -

Recently paid a person 1000 rs via UPI.

But the person denied providing the service.

Raised chargeback from idfc netbanking itself, no call, no email.

Today the person contacted me and said his bank has given him two options.

Either pay directly and tell me to withdraw the case or let the bank transfer back the amount.

All this within 3 days of registering complaint.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
RuPay, UPI, RuPay CC on UPI sab me chargeback process hote hai. Koi matlab nahi banta hai yeh sab ques karne ka.

Aise bhi starting me issuer banks and acquirer banks investigate karte hai merchant k sath.

Payment network toh last me aate hai agar dispute reject kar deta hai merchant tab.

Either pay directly and tell me to withdraw the case or let the bank transfer back the amount.

. Thanks 😊

#aniket

TF Ace

@Abhishek012 Need more details how he proved his case if the payment was made through UPI scan and pay at merchant location.

Kindly share the links of that post, if possible.

Last edited:

#aniket

TF Ace
Who said there's no mechanism for dc?
I have raised several times and even temp credit has been provided for the same few days back
Question bhi puchna hai aayese ki pata nahi hain, ans bhi dena hai aayese ki mujhe pata hain sab kuch already toh

Jagyasini Singh GIF

question puchte hi kyu hain?😂

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
@Abhishek012 Need more details how he proved his case if the payment was made through UPI scan and pay at merchant location.

Kindly share the links of that post, if possible.
Yeh sab kisi bank expert and bank chargeback expert se pucho. Woh better bata payega.

Yeh koi RuPay and UPI related topic nahi hai, just because UPI se pay kiye toh UPI topic nahi ho jata hai. 🤣🤣

Normally bank proof mangte tak nahi hai, agar tum bank ko jada irrtate nahi karte ho toh, jaise mere case me nahi mangta hai kyunki mai saal me shayad he 1 bar kabhi complaint karta hu aur chargeback bhi rarely kabhi karta hu toh kuch nahi puchte itna.

Ekbar pucha tha toh mai bol diya koi proof nahi hai aise he chargeback apply karne bol diya tha bank kar diya. Jo log jada irritate karte hai bank ko wohi logo se proof mangte hai bank.

#aniket

TF Ace
Yeh sab kisi bank expert and bank chargeback expert se pucho. Woh better bata payega.

Yeh koi RuPay and UPI related topic nahi hai, just because UPI se pay kiye toh UPI topic nahi ho jata hai. 🤣🤣

Normally bank proof mangte tak nahi hai, agar tum bank ko jada irrtate nahi karte ho toh, jaise mere case me nahi mangta hai kyunki mai saal me shayad he 1 bar kabhi complaint karta hu aur chargeback bhi rarely kabhi karta hu toh kuch nahi puchte itna.

Ekbar pucha tha toh mai bol diya koi proof nahi hai aise he chargeback apply karne bol diya tha bank kar diya. Jo log jada irritate karte hai bank ko wohi logo se proof mangte hai bank.
Are merchant opposed karega claim ko then ? Bina proof ke kaise chalega?😂

Mein kaun sa trxn karke chargeback claim karta firta hoon, mein bas uska case ka kuch jada details tha ki puch raha tha? If tha toh share karne ko bola just...😂

Aap toh kaha se kaha cha gaye😐