• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rupay upi transaction fee

tushu5121

TF Premier
Hello everyone.

in recent days i come to notice that whenever i am doing Payments From my Rupay card through Upi.
The merchant is saying they received less money. And some charges have been debited.
EArlier i thought it might be other issues.

But last week i maid a payment of 26K in hospital and 12.5K in medical Store and 25K in dental clinic.
And 15K in Grocery Store.

And i received calls from them saying they have debited charges from my payment.
And when i saw i relize.
It was 0.02%+18gst.

WHy this is happening.
Is i am doing anything wrong. Or there might be other issue?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thats why I said that we should not use UPI-CC for any large payments and stick to swipe only.
NPCI deliberately is creating confusion while being greedy at the same time and this is creating friction between customer and merchants. So till such time they come out with clearly laid down details of charges, stop using UPI-CC for large payments.
@Abhishek012 . .

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bahot logo ko mera comment pasand nhi aayega padh kar. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Give them time. People are not able to understand, difference between UPI vs CC on UPI.

Only time can educate them.

Current generation know the difference between debit card vs credit card because they were born in a world where people used card payments in their life.

NPCI already release a mechanism to understand the difference between UPI and Credit on UPI.

Problems in human communication.

Banks, merchants, payment companies isko chalane wale human beings hai.

We are not a machine. We are human beings. It sometimes takes us a decade to understand how these things work.

If you listen to people like @panchabhut things will become more difficult instead of getting resolved.

let the chaos spread, this is human psychology. Unless we do something on a large scale, people don't get educated and solutions don't emerge.

One of the best examples of this is from last year.

Last year, due to UPI fraud, the bank accounts of many people or merchant were frozen.

Due to this, some merchants had stopped accepting UPI.

I said in another forum let it happen on a large scale and you will see that the govt will find a solution. However, the govt didnt solve this problem, the court solved this problem.

just few months ago, Kerala count judges scolded the police and the bank as to why they were freezing the entire bank account ?

Now I heard that only the fraud amount of the people is being frozen and not the entire bank account.

Now NPCI already has done its job.

Now it will take time to educate the banks, payment companies, merchants, customers including call support center people what's the difference between UPI and Credit on UPI.

Grab a popcorn and enjoy the show, Don't stop this, let the chaos spread.

So Govt & NPCI failed to solve the mess created due to loopholes in the system that lead to frauds and then further complicated by Police despite hues and cries from citizens and finally the Courts had to intervene and do the job of Govt & NPCI.
Going by the logic of persons like @Abhishek012 NPCI wants to use the ordinary users and merchants as Guinea pigs for their experiments rather than being proactive and create clear and transparent policy frameworks and schedule of charges.
I personally would not like to be treated as a Guinea pig and then run from pillar to post for solving of my problems, so I would rather avoid any such half-baked product. However, as independent citizens, anyone who wants to be a Guinea pig would be absolutely at liberty to do so.

The biggest loophole for fraud, AEPS, still remains and UIDAI and NPCI are not permitting banks to give a simple solution to the customers to turn off the feature by a click of a button similar to turning off international transactions. Why? may be because they know that the moment this is permitted, 99% customers would immediately block the facility, so it could not longer be claimed as an "achievement".

Last edited:

tushu5121

TF Premier
MAny hospital are don't take charges if you pay via sipe.
Because idid my treatments in recent past where i made by CC swipe where no charges taken by then.
But last week i made upi cc transaction same hospital they received less amount deducting 0.2% Charges which was 590rs.
Which wrong in my point of view.
ITs not hospital's fault i think its the NPCI who is failed to manage such things
This is my my thoughts on this