• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rent Payments 2024

Kstar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All, Just wanted to start a thread for best credit card and platform to pay rent starting 2024. Any help here would greatly appreciated

I have a rent of 43000 to be paid every month

I have the following cards DCB, MAGNUS, SELECT, AXIS VISTARA, SBI ELITE. I am okay to take any other card if reward points and milestone is considered for that

rogerthat

TF Ace
Paying rent via credit card no longer makes sense. All cards charge around 1% and most rental payment platforms around 2% (both excluding GST) which means paying rent via CC costs you around 3.6% of the amount. This means for rent payment to be viable the card should give you at least 4% return benefits! In today's condition this is a tall order, even Infinia the best card, gives only 3.33% return on spends. Well there is no point even talking about that because most cards give no or minimal rewards on rent payment at all, and do not include it in milestones as well.

So unless you want to give free money to card companies and payment platforms, just pay rent via UPI or IMPS.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Hi All, Just wanted to start a thread for best credit card and platform to pay rent starting 2024. Any help here would greatly appreciated

I have the following cards DCB, MAGNUS, SELECT, AXIS VISTARA, SBI ELITE. I am okay to take any other card if reward points and milestone is considered for that
Use rupay cc 🙂

mumblebee

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Currently the transaction is getting failed.
Yes, any idea about this? Any update regarding billpay we missed?

I last paid rent with redgiraffe+hdfc_billpay+dcb on 30 Nov and it went through fine (got the points too I think). But this month I am not able to setup autopay consent. It keeps failing.

Kstar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What about SBI vistara prime credit card? Will the rent payment be considered for milestone benefit? Also which platform is best to make payments from it?

binno

TF Premier
RML Group
Yes, any idea about this? Any update regarding billpay we missed?

I last paid rent with redgiraffe+hdfc_billpay+dcb on 30 Nov and it went through fine (got the points too I think). But this month I am not able to setup autopay consent. It keeps failing.
try through hdfc app or netbanking or payzapp
i pay via millennia .. just paid it today via netbanking smartpay portal.. all good

deep@vie

TF Legend

If you've a rent agreement, use redgiraffe with hdfc/AU cards as these banks don't charge on first rental payment of month.