• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rent Payments 2024

Kstar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All, Just wanted to start a thread for best credit card and platform to pay rent starting 2024. Any help here would greatly appreciated

I have a rent of 43000 to be paid every month

I have the following cards DCB, MAGNUS, SELECT, AXIS VISTARA, SBI ELITE. I am okay to take any other card if reward points and milestone is considered for that

AZ7

TF Buzz
how you are planning to pay rent? redgiraffe+hdfc_billpay? I recently got reward points on first rent payment. I think (not sure) HDFC doesn’t consider it as rent payment otherwise we wouldn’t have get reward points.
Can you help with the steps here. Do we first go to red giraffe and then to rent pay through hdfc billpay or something else

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can you help with the steps here. Do we first go to red giraffe and then to rent pay through hdfc billpay or something else
Register on RG then add biller using RG ID on HDFC NetBanking BillPay. Then you can pay rent when bill is generated. Please note RG have strong checks so you need to have rent agreement and proof of ownership like electric bill.

tekina

TF Select
2.95% charges
1% upto 100 cashback via coupon code
and no charges from amex plus 2% points on wallet load
Can you explain the "2% points on wallet load" part?
I used Mobikwik + Amex combo last month and will do the same now as well for about 20K rent payment.
This is the returns calculation as per my understanding.
1% cashback from CENTURY code 2 times on 10K each - Rs. 200
1% cashback from bill payment using HDFC Billpay + Plat DC - Rs. 200
1400 MR points for 20K wallet load (1000 bonus and 400 usual) - This is about 980 rupees with a 0.7 540 rupees with a 0.388 multiplier (7000 amazon voucher on 18K points) which equals 4.9% 2.7% of 20K.
Total - 1380 940
Mobikwik charges -2.655% for 1st 10k and 2.95% for second = Rs 560.5
Net returns -
780 (3.9% of 20K) 380 (1.9% of 20K)

All of this is assuming that reward points are redeemed for vouchers on the Gold collection. Using the same for hotel/airmiles points conversion will yield far more returns. As pointed out by @sxchzy below, 1 MR point = 1 Marriott Bonvoy point. This makes the above transaction to a crazy 9% returns.

Can you tell me if I am missing out on some cashback with this process or if there is anything wrong with my calculations above?
Thanks in advance @sxchzy

Last edited:
Hi All, Just wanted to start a thread for best credit card and platform to pay rent starting 2024. Any help here would greatly appreciated

I have a rent of 43000 to be paid every month

I have the following cards DCB, MAGNUS, SELECT, AXIS VISTARA, SBI ELITE. I am okay to take any other card if reward points and milestone is considered for that
standard charrtered cc but the bank itslef along with its branch, telephone & astaff are all shyyeet

tekina

TF Select
THE BASE REWARD RATE ON AMEX CARDS IS 1 PT FOR 50 RS MAKING IT 2 % ASSUMING YOU TRANSFER IT TO MARRIOT
Yeah I know about marriot but I was thinking more in terms of monetary value in daily life, hence Amazon pay vouchers.
In such cases, 1 MR usually equals 38/39 paise at minimum. That makes the 1400 points from rent payment at 2.7% or 540 rupees. I will update my calculations in the previous comment.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yeah I know about marriot but I was thinking more in terms of monetary value in daily life, hence Amazon pay vouchers.
In such cases, 1 MR usually equals 38/39 paise at minimum. That makes the 1400 points from rent payment at 2.7% or 540 rupees. I will update my calculations in the previous comment.
you can sell marriot points as well

Can you explain the "2% points on wallet load" part?
I used Mobikwik + Amex combo last month and will do the same now as well for about 20K rent payment.
This is the returns calculation as per my understanding.
1% cashback from CENTURY code 2 times on 10K each - Rs. 200
1% cashback from bill payment using HDFC Billpay + Plat DC - Rs. 200
1400 MR points for 20K wallet load (1000 bonus and 400 usual) - This is about 980 rupees with a 0.7 540 rupees with a 0.388 multiplier (7000 amazon voucher on 18K points) which equals 4.9% 2.7% of 20K.
Total - 1380 940
Mobikwik charges -2.655% for 1st 10k and 2.95% for second = Rs 560.5
Net returns -
780 (3.9% of 20K) 380 (1.9% of 20K)

All of this is assuming that reward points are redeemed for vouchers on the Gold collection. Using the same for hotel/airmiles points conversion will yield far more returns. As pointed out by @sxchzy below, 1 MR point = 1 Marriott Bonvoy point. This makes the above transaction to a crazy 9% returns.

Can you tell me if I am missing out on some cashback with this process or if there is anything wrong with my calculations above?
Thanks in advance @sxchzy
I believe its better to do 4 X 5K transaction using Mobikwik with CENTURY code to get total of 2400 MR points (assuming MRCC)

tekina

TF Select
I believe its better to do 4 X 5K transaction using Mobikwik with CENTURY code to get total of 2400 MR points (assuming MRCC)
Yeah, I had thought of that once but I usually buy one or two Amazon GVs using the multiplier portal of 1500 each. And when there is an online transaction that does not involve any bank offer, I use my MRCC to transact to reach the 1500 X 4 milestone.

I don't have SBI cashback hence these.

Do you know if there is a better way to buy Amazon GVs? I know that SBI CB is the best option right now with 5% CB but MRCC is comparable too.

I guess my logic for not doing 4*5K transactions on MRCC is cos I think along the lines that buying Amazon money at ~4% which I can use on Uber, etc. as well as paying rent with ~2% returns is better than doing the entire 20K transaction on just rent with MRCC, which comes at ~4.5%.

@Navigator_Ravi What do you think about this logic? Do you think this is the most efficient use of MRCC? For example, Uber gives 5% to prime members for using Amazon Pay. Combine that with buying Amazon GV using MRCC and I get ~9% on Uber. But I also have LTF Tata Neu Infinity and buying Uber GV there is about ~7.5%.

Sorry if you get confused. ;)

Last edited:
@Navigator_Ravi What do you think about this logic? Do you think this is the most efficient use of MRCC? For example, Uber gives 5% to prime members for using Amazon Pay. Combine that with buying Amazon GV using MRCC and I get ~9% on Uber. But I also have LTF Tata Neu Infinity and buying Uber GV there is about ~7.5%.

It will depend upon the utilisation of other cards you have. MRCC value reduces drastically after 20K spends. For its optimum use, there is a separate thread for that on the forum. Will not delve into this.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah, I had thought of that once but I usually buy one or two Amazon GVs using the multiplier portal of 1500 each. And when there is an online transaction that does not involve any bank offer, I use my MRCC to transact to reach the 1500 X 4 milestone.

I don't have SBI cashback hence these.

Do you know if there is a better way to buy Amazon GVs? I know that SBI CB is the best option right now with 5% CB but MRCC is comparable too.

I guess my logic for not doing 4*5K transactions on MRCC is cos I think along the lines that buying Amazon money at ~4% which I can use on Uber, etc. as well as paying rent with ~2% returns is better than doing the entire 20K transaction on just rent with MRCC, which comes at ~4.5%.

Isn't there any issue like AMEX might block your card?