• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rent Payments 2024

Kstar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All, Just wanted to start a thread for best credit card and platform to pay rent starting 2024. Any help here would greatly appreciated

I have a rent of 43000 to be paid every month

I have the following cards DCB, MAGNUS, SELECT, AXIS VISTARA, SBI ELITE. I am okay to take any other card if reward points and milestone is considered for that

Syam

TF Buzz
AU LIT + payzapp + RG, with 2% (or 5% cashback online spends) and 10x pts on online spends enabled for LIT card
Monthly rent = 50k
2% cashback + 10x pts (which is 2%) = 1000 + 1000 = 2000. (This is possible because LIT card gives cashback and pts on wallet loads)
RG fees = 230
LIT Benefit fees = 240
Net benefit = 1500
I also pay the credit card bill via hdfc bill pay and get 1% cashback so 500 more, making the total benefit 2000.
i don't think, it still gives the same cashback bcz 10x reward points wont applicable to Rent payments,
And you still get 2% cashback on AU LIT + payzapp + RG ??

Can you answer for this, it would be helpful to everyone..,

tekina

TF Select
i don't think, it still gives the same cashback bcz 10x reward points wont applicable to Rent payments,
And you still get 2% cashback on AU LIT + payzapp + RG ??

Can you answer for this, it would be helpful to everyone..,
These probably don't work anymore. Otherwise people wouldn't have broken their heads on this forum and just gotten an LTF card and earned money so easily.

catcat

TF Select
A titan has fallen.

SBI Air India signature, one of the best cards for paying rent, will no longer accrue reward points for rent payment after April 15.

My cards which still give points for rent payment are
1. SBI IRCTC premier
2. IDFC first select.

They give 0.8% and 0.6% rewards, respectively.

One card I'm looking hopefully towards is SBI Vistara (Prime) card. Could anyone holding the card confirm if RPs will continue to accrue? Have you got any notice from SBI Cards?

aj204~

TF Buzz
A titan has fallen.

SBI Air India signature, one of the best cards for paying rent, will no longer accrue reward points for rent payment after April 15.

1. SBI IRCTC premier
2. IDFC first select.

One card I'm looking hopefully towards is SBI Vistara (Prime) card. Could anyone holding the card confirm if RPs will continue to accrue? Have you got any notice from SBI Cards?
SBI Vistara (Prime) card also NOT accrue points from rent payments starting 15 Apr

khushaljain

TF Buzz
Hello,

Just got a notice from SBI Club Vistara Prime
Accrual of Reward Points on Rent Payment transactions with Club Vistara SBI Card PRIME will be discontinued, with effect from 15 April 2024.

Rent Payment transactions shall be identified under Merchant Category Code (MCC) 6513, on best effort basis. The MCCs are defined by the network partners and are subject to change basis their discretion and such changes shall be implemented basis communication from the networks without any requirement for intimation/information to the customers.

mumblebee

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello,

Just got a notice from SBI Club Vistara Prime
Accrual of Reward Points on Rent Payment transactions with Club Vistara SBI Card PRIME will be discontinued, with effect from 15 April 2024.

Rent Payment transactions shall be identified under Merchant Category Code (MCC) 6513, on best effort basis. The MCCs are defined by the network partners and are subject to change basis their discretion and such changes shall be implemented basis communication from the networks without any requirement for intimation/information to the customers.
It would be interesting to see if there remains a loophole in MCC detection, like how hdfc declared no points for rent since last year but was not detecting rent payments for Redgiraffe+hdfc_billpay as rent until very recently.

And if there is, let's hope someone would report it here (and not to SBI 🤞)

Unfortunately I didn't get SBI vistara (prime) earlier since DCB was working fine and now it would too much of a gamble.

abhiver

TF Premier
It would be interesting to see if there remains a loophole in MCC detection, like how hdfc declared no points for rent since last year but was not detecting rent payments for Redgiraffe+hdfc_billpay as rent until very recently.

And if there is, let's hope someone would report it here (and not to SBI 🤞)

Unfortunately I didn't get SBI vistara (prime) earlier since DCB was working fine and now it would too much of a gamble.
HDFC has fixed that loop in February 24

nishank

TF Select
Effectively is there any card left which returns net surplus for rent tx ignoring the mobikwik one as it is too tedious. And I dont event consider Stanc as for .5% there is no point in getting a new card issued

A titan has fallen.

1. SBI IRCTC premier
2. IDFC first select.

IDFC Charges 1% bro - https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/personal-banking/rental

rogerthat

TF Ace
After PayTM now Freecharge has also removed rent payment option from their platform. PhonePe now mandatory requires PAN card of landlord. In addition all Axis cards will stop giving points for rent payment from next week.

So it is more or less curtains for the rent payment party using credit cards. It was a good short run, 2020-2024.

Sad to see so many innovations during the end of the last decade going bust because some people don't like them.