• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rental Payments through SC Ultimate

SaGa25

TF Buzz
Hi TF Community,

I have been using Standard Chartered Ultimate card for rental payment for quite some time now through RedGiraffe. These payments were getting me regular points with no charges levied by the bank for payment. This month I was charged 1% fee along with the GST.

Anyone else who has faced this issue? Which card are you using now for rental payment?

If this topic has been discussed in another thread, request the team to help me find it.

Thank you.

Dharm

TF Premier
Hi TF Community,

I have been using Standard Chartered Ultimate card for rental payment for quite some time now through RedGiraffe. These payments were getting me regular points with no charges levied by the bank for payment. This month I was charged 1% fee along with the GST.

Anyone else who has faced this issue? Which card are you using now for rental payment?

If this topic has been discussed in another thread, request the team to help me find it.

Thank you.
Hi, as per below info, processing fee is already started from April, so it should reflect in may statement for all, who have done rent payment via standard chartered, I suggest you should load wallet via SC ultimate, and then should pay rent via wallet like Paytm, in that case you get 3.33% discount, without any rental payment convinience charges 1000073858.jpg

SaGa25

TF Buzz
So, now posts contains 'help me to find posts'. I think, I should limit my usage on TF.

Anyway, regarding your query..

Do look 'Similar threads' below this post, pretty much covered for your requirement.

Actually same might displayed when you try to create this page, since you ignored that look for 'Similar threads' at the end of this page.
Thank you for the super response. I did try finding the answer but couldn’t. Had you used this much effort to probably reply to the actual question, the number of such posts asking for “help me find similar thread” would reduce.

And since you’ve been using TF community more than you should, frustration is starting to show up. Maybe you should limit your usage.

SaGa25

TF Buzz
Hi, as per below info, processing fee is already started from April, so it should reflect in may statement for all, who have done rent payment via standard chartered, I suggest you should load wallet via SC ultimate, and then should pay rent via wallet like Paytm, in that case you get 3.33% discount, without any rental payment convinience charges 1000073858.jpg
Yes, I read that too. But for some reason they were not levying charges until September.

Since you mentioned we could load wallet to pay the rent, would we not incur the charges for wallet loads? Please let me know if there is a way around for this.

helloworld

TF Legend
Thank you for the super response. I did try finding the answer but couldn’t. Had you used this much effort to probably reply to the actual question, the number of such posts asking for “help me find similar thread” would reduce.

And since you’ve been using TF community more than you should, frustration is starting to show up. Maybe you should limit your usage.

apologies..

Anyone else who has faced this issue?

Which card are you using now for rental payment?

Since you're using super premium card

The reason for my rude answer to your couldn't find answer to your question was..

- this was implemented in April.
- and May statement onwards everyone seeing 1.18% charges in their statement (thats 4 months).
- Since you're using rental payment for quite some time now through RedGiraffe, till now it maybe accidentally flagged as Insurance or someother MCC or you never bothered to check the statement all this while (apologies again, I do not know how much busy you're, consider me as a random person didn't know you well), where 2nd thing makes me wonder how people not checking statement to check unnecessary charges levied by bank, after all its our money paying back and supposed to go with 0 interest ideally.

as you want other topics (since you didn't mentioned which other cards you have but asked question, Which card are you using now for rental payment?

If this topic has been discussed in another thread,

I believe answer to this question, "find Similar threads at the bottom of this page", again do not know your intention //because you already searched, I assumed you couldn’t find where to locate (do check the attachment).

Why Similar threads, why not specific posts? this is a frequent changes topic which is widely discussed because it depends on card, platform, and other benefits and covered lot of posts about it especially rental related.

See this such platform related posts.

Thanks for the suggestion related to limiting usage, will definitely consider that.

Also, wallet loads provide 0.5% max for rental, not sure whether you're ok with that reward or which other cards you have etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230917_201902_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20230917_201902_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: