• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas Queries on International travel ticket using Axis ATLAS

keyur11

TF Buzz
I am planning to book international travel ticket from Lufthansa airline website. I am thinking to use Axis ATLAS credit card because it gives 5 Edge Miles for every 100 Rs on travel related expenses. I am having below queries because this will be my first international airline booking via ATLAS card.

1. As Lufthansa is company from Europe, so should I buy ticket in Euro or INR? If I buy in INR, I think dynamic currency charges will be there but I am not sure.
  2. Do we get 5 Edge Miles per 100 Rs if we buy airline tickets from different currency?
  3. Should I buy ticket from Travel Edge instead of buying from direct airline?
  4. Is it worth to buy international flight ticket using ATLAS card after considering Forex markup and other charges? How much return should I expect?
Please help me with these queries if you are aware about it. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I am planning to book international travel ticket from Lufthansa airline website. I am thinking to use Axis ATLAS credit card because it gives 5 Edge Miles for every 100 Rs on travel related expenses. I am having below queries because this will be my first international airline booking via ATLAS card.

1. As Lufthansa is company from Europe, so should I buy ticket in Euro or INR? If I buy in INR, I think dynamic currency charges will be there but I am not sure.
  2. Do we get 5 Edge Miles per 100 Rs if we buy airline tickets from different currency?
  4. Is it worth to buy international flight ticket using ATLAS card after considering Forex markup and...

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My only advice will be to avoid Lufthansa and book some other airline.

Edit: As far as my experience and others in my family, their service is very bad, especially their staff.

Last edited:

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

4. Is it worth to buy international flight ticket using ATLAS card after considering Forex markup and other charges? How much return should I expect?
Beware as there is a high chance u wont get the miles if you're paying in euros in their website, even if u comvert it to inr, still you might be ineligible.
Via traveldege, i think you should be getting the miles. Again, not sure, do chrck with traveledge support team.

saketreddy

TF Premier

You will get 5EM per 100 as long as you book on Lufthansa website, currency doesn't matter.

But I advise u to book on traveledge if price is similar due to high forex markup of atlas.

If u don't mind about forex markup or want to have peace of mind, then book directly with Lufthansa.

Traveledge is a mess to deal with sometimes.

keyur11

TF Buzz
My only advice will be to avoid Lufthansa and book some other airline.

Edit: As far as my experience and others in my family, their service is very bad, especially their staff.
Thanks for your feedback I will check other airlines also. My question is more related to Axis ATLAS card that what is the best way to use this card for airline ticket.

keyur11

TF Buzz
Use Magnus Burgundy Card on Traveledge for 24% return on all flights including international.

If you need to buy more than one ticket on Traveledge , see the price for one ticket.
it should be less than buying multiple tickets.
eg. If one ticket is 50000, then 2 tickets may be 110000, 3 tickets may be 165000.
So buying one ticket at a time will work out cheapest
I don't have Magnus Burgundy card

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I tried paying taxes on a mileage booking on Lufthansa website and it didn't accept Visa cards had to use a diners as OTP wasn't being asked. There is no reason why you won't get 5x miles if you manage to swipe atlas. I have gotten 5x miles on Cathay Korean Air ANA Singapore Airlines websites so far

sachbs

TF Buzz

1. I purchased a ticket in KLM in INR a few months back, and I think I had to pay close to 1% as DCC charges. But I still prefer paying in INR to avoid the confusion about conversion and all. I think it's your call here.
2. Yes, we do get it as long as the booking is made on a direct travel/hotel website. Used the card for multiple international transactions.
3. For an international travel, I would seriously recommend making the booking through a direct website as it makes it very convenient in case of cancellations/modifications. Plus, you can get miles for the ticket you purchase, which can come in handy in future. Make sure to register in the FF for the respective airline before making the booking.
4. Make the calculations using the total amount being spent by you, and the points that you're going to earn, and compare it with any other card that you might have. In my current lot, atlas provides the best deal when it comes to flight tickets, so I've simply made it a thumb rule to book all my tickets through atlas, irrespective of the forex charges or the difference in price between the flight website and other travel aggregators. ( I have an amex plat travel and plat charge card that I usually compare my atlas with when it comes to flight bookings).

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, Lufthansa does not offer the best service. So if you have other alternatives like KLM or Air France, do consider them as well.
Feel free to dm in case of any more queries.

Solution

saketreddy

TF Premier
1. I purchased a ticket in KLM in INR a few months back, and I think I had to pay close to 1% as DCC charges. But I still prefer paying in INR to avoid the confusion about conversion and all. I think it's your call here.
2. Yes, we do get it as long as the booking is made on a direct travel/hotel website. Used the card for multiple international transactions.
3. For an international travel, I would seriously recommend making the booking through a direct website as it makes it very convenient in case of cancellations/modifications. Plus, you can get miles for the ticket you purchase, which can come in handy in future. Make sure to register in the FF for the respective airline before making the booking.
4. Make the calculations using the total amount being spent by you, and the points that you're going to earn, and compare it with any other card that you might have. In my current lot, atlas provides the best deal when it comes to flight tickets, so I've simply made it a thumb rule to book all my tickets through atlas, irrespective of the forex charges or the difference in price between the flight website and other travel aggregators. ( I have an amex plat travel and plat charge card that I usually compare my atlas with when it comes to flight bookings).

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, Lufthansa does not offer the best service. So if you have other alternatives like KLM or Air France, do consider them as well.
You can accrue FF miles for the ticket u purchase with OTAs as well, booking need not be with airlines websites.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

You do get 5 Edge miles when purchasing a ticket directly from a foreign airline, regardless of the currency of purchase. I have purchased quite a few internation tickets directly from airlines in the past few months in Pounds, Euro and other currencies. Return is around 6% after the forex charges and then that 6% might be a little less depending upon how you redeem those miles.

drsel

TF Legend
They cannot. Magnus Burgundy offer has already ended. In addition, the person would need to deposit and keep a minimum 30 lakhs with Axis. This is quite fine for me but might not be ok for some people.
Look at this way--
there are lacs of people keeping many lacs of rupees in bank fixed deposits without getting any benefit other than the interest..
Some even keep lacs of rupees in dangerous risky cooperative banks.

At least Axis was giving the best card in India lifetime free for doing so

keyur11

TF Buzz

Thank you so much for detailed answer

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Look at this way--
there are lacs of people keeping many lacs of rupees in bank fixed deposits without getting any benefit other than the interest..
Some even keep lacs of rupees in dangerous risky cooperative banks.

At least Axis was giving the best card in India lifetime free for doing so
Yes, I agree with you. It would have been a good deal for me. However many people don't want to or are unable to keep 30 lakhs on a long term basis. However, in the long run, if they drop their rates to around 5%, then it would be bad. Currently, at around 7.25%, they are sort of ok.