• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank sending notice for clarification regarding customer's travel spends on atlas

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Axis Bank today sent notices to many of its Atlas credit card customers requesting clarification and invoices regarding their "travel category spends". Axis Atlas is a travel-focused credit card, so it's surprising that the bank is asking for invoices and clarification for travel category expenses over the past few months. A few days ago, Axis Bank deducted Edge Miles and Edge Reward Points from some customers' reward accounts, citing business transactions. Now, they are requesting clarification on affected customers' travel spends within the next 30 days, otherwise, the bank will cancel their credit cards.

Here, I'm attaching a copy of the notice email:

Screenshot 2024.png

Many genuine Atlas customers have been affected by this move. Some people just spent under 10k on travel categories and received clarification notices. I can understand Axis's desire to eliminate abusers from their customer list, but troubling genuine customers is unacceptable. This is the main reason I didn't add the Axis Magnus Burgundy credit card/Axis Magnus credit card to our list of the best credit cards for 2024. While it may offer good rewards, it's not reliable at all. Axis should revert to their old credit card reward system as they are not capable of running a reward system with airmiles transfer partners.
For peace of mind, stay away from Axis Bank credit cards.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I closed both my cards (magnus and atlas) out of frustration and to my surprise, I was able to log in into my edge account. Transferred all edge miles to ITC and the same was credited in two days.

So in retrospect, the bank blocked my rewards account, I was able to walk away with all my reward points anyway, and Axis Bank lost a customer. What a stupid stupid bank!
I went one step ahead, transferred all points, then completed milestone, received EMs and transferred those points too.
Now, i will raise closure request.
I just hope Axis doesn't chase us after closure for recovery of those points

I went one step ahead, transferred all points, then completed milestone, received EMs and transferred those points too.
Now, i will raise closure request.
I just hope Axis doesn't chase us after closure for recovery of those points
How were you able to transfer points? Did they unblock your edge account?

ccrnc

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After a month long struggle with the moronic Axis support including escalation to MD desk, I filed an RBI complaint today. Not sure if it was that, but an hour after the complaint, Edge account was unblocked.

nrj1007

TF Premier
After a month long struggle with the moronic Axis support including escalation to MD desk, I filed an RBI complaint today. Not sure if it was that, but an hour after the complaint, Edge account was unblocked.
What was the problem you were facing?

ccrnc

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What was the problem you were facing?
Just their regular delay tactic, kept asking for 5 more days even after multiple weeks since I sent them the invoices. MD desk had the same response, except their delay tactic was asking for 3 days instead of 5. Truly truly horrible bank. I am still gonna pursue compensation with RBI.

drsel

TF Legend
Please tell me how to file RBI complaint to unblock my edge miles account on Atlas.
Also what's the email of the MD?
I have been saying emails to premium.experience.

I have the same problem-- they keep extending five days after submitting the invoices of travel spends.
Also I have not received the milestone reward of 5000 miles for crossing 7.5 lakhs

Last edited:

nrj1007

TF Premier
Just their regular delay tactic, kept asking for 5 more days even after multiple weeks since I sent them the invoices. MD desk had the same response, except their delay tactic was asking for 3 days instead of 5. Truly truly horrible bank. I am still gonna pursue compensation with RBI.
To me they haven't replied in last 10 days. I mailed to PNO. Although, I unblocked my edge miles account using B&R and transferred all points.

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please tell me how to file RBI complaint to unblock my edge miles account on Atlas.
Also what's the email of the MD?
I have been saying emails to premium.experience.

I have the same problem-- they keep extending five days after submitting the invoices of travel spends.
Also I have not received the milestone reward of 5000 miles for crossing 7.5 lakhs
is it valid spends ?

drsel

TF Legend
To me they haven't replied in last 10 days. I mailed to PNO. Although, I unblocked my edge miles account using B&R and transferred all points.
So if you block and reissue the card, will the edge miles start accumulating again?
because right now I am spending and not getting any edge miles, cos blocked and showing zero

drsel

TF Legend
So should I block it and get it replaced or should I give a complaint to RBI?
which is the better way to get the edge miles to start accumulating again?

kapsshah42

TF Buzz
Keep on bombarding mails (once a day) to pno, premium experience ,customer.service team they will revert back. New points will only be credited after unblocking of the card.

nrj1007

TF Premier
So if you block and reissue the card, will the edge miles start accumulating again?
because right now I am spending and not getting any edge miles, cos blocked and showing zero
Yes it did for me. But someone informed here in thread that it did not unblocked for him.

nrj1007

TF Premier
So should I block it and get it replaced or should I give a complaint to RBI?
which is the better way to get the edge miles to start accumulating again?
Block and replace worked for me but someone mentioned it did not for him. You can spend time for RBI complaint you can do that otherwise block and replace is easy way out if its still working.

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
if they have blocked suspecting manufactured spends, RBI also won't be able to help.
Axis has to confirm reason for blocking

drsel

TF Legend
Keep on bombarding mails (once a day) to pno, premium experience ,customer.service team they will revert back. New points will only be credited after unblocking of the card.
Yes I am emailing them everyday.

Atlas card is working fine.
Only reward points cannot be opened and edge miles are showing as zero. (Previous edge miles were already converted)

For two spends done while the Edge miles were blocked, there are no edge miles credited.
will the edge miles come after the card is unblocked after 5 days or NEVER?