• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank sending notice for clarification regarding customer's travel spends on atlas

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Axis Bank today sent notices to many of its Atlas credit card customers requesting clarification and invoices regarding their "travel category spends". Axis Atlas is a travel-focused credit card, so it's surprising that the bank is asking for invoices and clarification for travel category expenses over the past few months. A few days ago, Axis Bank deducted Edge Miles and Edge Reward Points from some customers' reward accounts, citing business transactions. Now, they are requesting clarification on affected customers' travel spends within the next 30 days, otherwise, the bank will cancel their credit cards.

Here, I'm attaching a copy of the notice email:

Screenshot 2024.png

Many genuine Atlas customers have been affected by this move. Some people just spent under 10k on travel categories and received clarification notices. I can understand Axis's desire to eliminate abusers from their customer list, but troubling genuine customers is unacceptable. This is the main reason I didn't add the Axis Magnus Burgundy credit card/Axis Magnus credit card to our list of the best credit cards for 2024. While it may offer good rewards, it's not reliable at all. Axis should revert to their old credit card reward system as they are not capable of running a reward system with airmiles transfer partners.
For peace of mind, stay away from Axis Bank credit cards.

rogerthat

TF Ace
Does the travel have to bona fide or we can book for family members too? If I buy air tickets for my parents using Atlas card will that be a reason for ban?

Shoxie

TF Premier
Does the travel have to bona fide or we can book for family members too? If I buy air tickets for my parents using Atlas card will that be a reason for ban?
Ideally, that'd not be counted as business spends. You spending for your parent is still personal spends. If it was for let's say a random person and for multiple times, then it'd come under business spends.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
TRAVEL, AIRLINES & HOTEL are all three different categories. Are we supposed to send the invoices only for the TRAVEL merchant category or even for AIRLINES & HOTEL category ?
sab log card bandh kar do ek saath... axis can take a hike... Useless bank

Axis Bank is full of intern not employee
Axis is in self destruct mode... end is near.. they will be begging for good customers soon... Citibank customers are already leaving