• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Queries | Lounge access limits on IDFC wealth?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
they mention this on the website: "4 complimentary Domestic & International airport lounge, spa visits per quarter".

1) Does that mean (4 domestic + 4 international = 8 max), or 4 accesses in total (max 4)?

2) also, when we talk about international lounge access, are we talking about only lounges outside India, or does it also include lounges on international terminals within India?

Solution
they mention this on the website: "4 complimentary Domestic & International airport lounge, spa visits per quarter".

1) Does that mean (4 domestic + 4 international = 8 max), or 4 accesses in total (max 4)?

2) also, when we talk about international lounge access, are we talking about only lounges outside India, or does it also include lounges on international terminals within India?
1) Domestic- 4 lounge access per quarter; International- 4 free access per quarter; domestic spa - 4 free access per quarter.
2) yes, outside India... no you can't access International lounges in India.

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge

1) Mostly 4+4 including all but someone will confirm
2) Lounge at International terminal in India is a domestic lounge, anything outside India will be counted in International

Last edited:

chinmay

TF Select
2) Lounge at International terminal in India is a domestic lounge, anything outside India will be counted in International
I guess lounge access in International terminal is counted in International.

I remember visiting T2 in Mumbai Airport where they lounge guys explicitly asking ppl to use Priority Pass since the domestic visa/mc based lounge access was not valid.

PS: I was travelling International destination and not sure if the same rule applies to Domestic section of T2

ltf4ever

TF Ace

I remember visiting T2 in Mumbai Airport where they lounge guys explicitly asking ppl to use Priority Pass since the domestic visa/mc based lounge access was not valid.

PS: I was travelling International destination and not sure if the same rule applies to Domestic section of T2
i was wondering the same. they also offer you complimentary alcoholic beverage if you are travelling outside India, which is not available for domestic departures at international terminals.

so my updated question (2): are lounges at international DEPARTURES considered international lounges?

vprajnya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Let me clarify a few points
1. All lounges in Indian airports are considered as Domestic, even when they are located in the International terminal side.
You enter these airports using your credit card, hence all on them are considered as domestic.
2. Lounges outside india are considered as International and you will have to access with your Dreamfolks card.
3. You cannot access the free visits available on Dreamfolks cards in indian airports. You will be charged $25-30 + tax if you use it in Indian airports.

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge

You should not swipe PP in India, PP are for anywhere outside India only. You will be charged either $27 or $99 + GST.

My Mom Dad recently went through the International Terminal (T2 Mumbai) and they used the HDFC Platinum Debit card for lounge access and used PP while returning to India.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Let me clarify a few points
1. All lounges in Indian airports are considered as Domestic, even when they are located in the International terminal side.
You enter these airports using your credit card, hence all on them are considered as domestic.
2. Lounges outside india are considered as International and you will have to access with your Dreamfolks card.
3. You cannot access the free visits available on Dreamfolks cards in indian airports. You will be charged $25-30 + tax if you use it in Indian airports.
Post in thread 'IDFC Wealth Domestic Lounge Access: Card or Dreamfolks card?' https://www.technofino.in/community...ccess-card-or-dreamfolks-card.1953/post-37423

the t&c here says dreamfolks can be used in domestic?

vprajnya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sorry for my error in the earlier post.

Attaching the T&C from IDFC Wealth card.
Looks like you can use the dreamfolks card at Indian airports too.
Lounge access is limited to 4/quarter, credit card + Dreamfolks both put together.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 3.23.24 PM.png Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 3.23.37 PM.png

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin

1) Domestic- 4 lounge access per quarter; International- 4 free access per quarter; domestic spa - 4 free access per quarter.
2) yes, outside India... no you can't access International lounges in India.

Solution

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Sorry for my error in the earlier post.

Attaching the T&C from IDFC Wealth card.
Looks like you can use the dreamfolks card at Indian airports too.
Lounge access is limited to 4/quarter, credit card + Dreamfolks both put together.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 3.23.24 PM.png Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 3.23.37 PM.png
No, you can't use DF card in India for free... actually, IDFC first has tied up with DreamFolks, DF provides lounge access in India but you have to use IDFC first wealth credit card for lounge access in India, not DF card.

vprajnya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wow lot of confusion regarding IDFC Wealth credit card.
I have never bothered to use IDFC Wealth card during my travel. I don’t even carry it in my wallet.
I will be travelling by this month end, will try to check out how IDFC Wealth works this time at Bangalore.
The cards that I use during travel are-
DCB, Aurum and IDFC Private debit card.

Raman

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Is there any downside to using the priority pass in an international lounge in India? I saw a video today on youtube where the person is stating that we can be charged for about 2.5k if we use our priority pass in India. Has anyone experienced something similar?