• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Possibility of Paid Kotak to LTF for newbie?

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Wanted to Get Kotak CC, started applying IOCL Kotak last month (Grocery being the draw and *Rupay*), but didn't want to pay fees, so stopped in address window. Now thought to get League Platinum and started application. It directly started from address and later Kotak IOCL was offered with no indication of fee or annual fee. LTF Rupay and Credit Line was main draw so accepted.

Received pdf of application next day and annual and joining fee were ticked and mentioned.

1. Can Kotak IOCL be made LTF?
2. If not can I get changed to Kotak League

Advice is needed. Thanks!
P.S. Look wise Kotak IOCL is most beautiful card ever. Finish is like ICICI Coral

D₹V

TF Prestige
Wanted to Get Kotak CC, started applying IOCL Kotak last month (Grocery being the draw and *Rupay*), but didn't want to pay fees, so stopped in address window. Now thought to get League Platinum and started application. It directly started from address and later Kotak IOCL was offered with no indication of fee or annual fee. LTF Rupay and Credit Line was main draw so accepted.

Received pdf of application next day and annual and joining fee were ticked and mentioned.

1. Can Kotak IOCL be made LTF?
2. If not can I get changed to Kotak League

Advice is needed. Thanks!
P.S. Look wise Kotak IOCL is most beautiful card ever. Finish is like ICICI Coral
Yes.

Put a closure request & retention team might offer you LTF conversion.

misteramit

TF Select
Yup don't pay any fees if bill not generated yet, simply place closure request and retention team might call, make sure u r stubborn to make it LTF or else close it or convert to league platinum LTF, they will make it LTF (seen this experience with some friends of mine on new card just 1 day old approval, paid to LTF) or Max to Max if u miss call or close this card - afterwards u will surely receive a feedback call then u can argue that while application u were shown its a LTF 0 fee card but after receiving the card u came to know its a paid card and that's why u closed it, they may agree to convert to different variant LTF card (this incident also happened to one of my friends)

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So, Called Customer Care. Dude was sweet- explained that he doesn't have authority to make it LTF but retention does and he would transfer me. Retention was like LTF not possible, benefits and Waivers are these and these. I said LTF or change Card or Cancel. He- this is Rupay, Rupay not LTF , I will close card. Me- that's fine.

Received Cancellation SRN SMS a minute later.

Also, Kotak team had worst noise disturbance. Echo and Static.

Last edited:

D₹V

TF Prestige
So, Called Customer Care. Dude was sweet- explained that he doesn't have authority to make it LTF but retention does and he would transfer me. Retention was like LTF not possible, benefits and Waivers are these and these. I said LTF or change Card or Cancel. He- this is Rupay, Rupay not LTF , I will close card. Me- that's fine.

Received Cancellation SRN SMS a minute later.

Also, Kotak team had worst noise disturbance. Echo and Static.
You can reactivate it too 😜 if you wish.

IMO, you should reactivate & ask with different retention team.

Anyway it's time consuming.
I had also closed my IOCL Kotak after using it for nearly 2 months, because no rewards points were credit for IOCL fuel transactions even after many complaints etc.. This card and Kotak is not worth the pain.

The retention team informed me that for this IOCL card even retention team is not having authority to make it LTF because its Rupay. They were like, "we could have easily done it for you sir, you have spent amount almost equal to annual fee waiver in 1month itself, but we do not have authority yet for the IOCL Rupay. We can do it for any other card or switch your card".

But I was really not interested because I saw their poor system, like no proper information on how may rewards you earned for which transaction and also no easy way to reach proper customer service team and no response even from Nodal team. I will suggest OP to continue to use his Coral rupay, at least he will get proper support in case of any issues or any fraudulent transactions.

D₹V

TF Prestige
I had also closed my IOCL Kotak after using it for nearly 2 months, because no rewards points were credit for IOCL fuel transactions even after many complaints etc.. This card and Kotak is not worth the pain.

The retention team informed me that for this IOCL card even retention team is not having authority to make it LTF because its Rupay. They were like, "we could have easily done it for you sir, you have spent amount almost equal to annual fee waiver in 1month itself, but we do not have authority yet for the IOCL Rupay. We can do it for any other card or switch your card".

But I was really not interested because I saw their poor system, like no proper information on how may rewards you earned for which transaction and also no easy way to reach proper customer service team and no response even from Nodal team. I will suggest OP to continue to use his Coral rupay, at least he will get proper support in case of any issues or any fraudulent transactions.
True words man... 😃

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier

Never understood the point of fuel cards unless it is more than 15-20K/month. Most of the pumps use some sh**ty paytm or phone pay machine no rewards etc, pumps don't know any HP pay, Xtra Miles etc, why bother with it? best is to load wallet with some good card and pay or get SC titanium OR SC rewards cards at least they are independent of particular brand pumps.

MJN

TF Premier
Sam

Same happened with my KOTAK IOCL; Worst reward points system; Every month I am complaining and getting the points to get posted; I had spent more than 50k in 3 months itself; Since this is the only card gives cap for fuel spends Rs 7500 monthly(24 RP per 150 - That is 1200 RP Max), So i am using it;

Any other cards gives more than Rs 7500?

I know
HDFC IOCL - Rs 2500 /Month (First 6 Months) then only Rs 1500 / Month
AXIS IOCL - Rs 5000 / Month

Need only for IOCL.. Kindly Suggest..

Sam

Same happened with my KOTAK IOCL; Worst reward points system; Every month I am complaining and getting the points to get posted; I had spent more than 50k in 3 months itself; Since this is the only card gives cap for fuel spends Rs 7500 monthly(24 RP per 150 - That is 1200 RP Max), So i am using it;

Any other cards gives more than Rs 7500?

I know
HDFC IOCL - Rs 2500 /Month (First 6 Months) then only Rs 1500 / Month
AXIS IOCL - Rs 5000 / Month

Need only for IOCL.. Kindly Suggest..
The thing with Axis IOCL is you easily get points without needing to complaint And you also get points when you pay at petrol bunks using UPI. I feel it's unnecessary hassle to keep complaining at Kotak to get what they promised as part of their product. I am having a peaceful time since i closed Kotak and took axis iocl. May be you can try taking addon card and see if it works for another 5k worth petrol.

Reactions: MJN

MJN

TF Premier
The thing with Axis IOCL is you easily get points without needing to complaint And you also get points when you pay at petrol bunks using UPI. I feel it's unnecessary hassle to keep complaining at Kotak to get what they promised as part of their product. I am having a peaceful time since i closed Kotak and took axis iocl. May be you can try taking addon card and see if it works for another 5k worth petrol.
Will addon card works another 5k?