• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One card secured to unsecured?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Still searching for answer... I haven't came across anybody .... Who had this jump.... I am holding my card for this answer only..... If the answer is no... Then probably will close one card

parmeet

TF Buzz
Just an out of box question. Does onecard provide good offers time to time and is it worth it to take it or is it only the hype? Also what is the value for each point earned in onecard?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Just an out of box question. Does onecard provide good offers time to time and is it worth it to take it or is it only the hype? Also what is the value for each point earned in onecard?
their are some offer , i say go for it, it LTF, what the harm it will be issue from federal bank or BOB. i recently applied and received the card within 3 days from applying to receiving the card in my hand

alanabraham

TF Premier
Offers will be there time to time for ecom as well as physical stores. 1 RP = 10 Paise. If you spend on 3 different categories in a month, top 2 categories will earn 1% RP which can be converted to 1% cashback.

parmeet

TF Buzz
their are some offer , i say go for it, it LTF, what the harm it will be issue from federal bank or BOB. i recently applied and received the card within 3 days from applying to receiving the card in my hand
OK. I am getting with a limit oh 20k and from South Indian Bank. But I wanted the card from BOB or from IDFC . Can we change the bank . I have not applied yet.

robimahanta

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I and my wife applied together and I got a BOB issued one with a CL of 7L and my wife got a Federal Bank issued one with a CL of 2.5L. My Experian being 840 and my wife’s 868. I guess issuing bank is totally random for One Card.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Has anyone been Lucky to be able to convert One card secured to unsecured? Or atleast get deposit back while keeping one card active?
Its not possible... In any circumstances... Once u get a one card... Thats it... Either secured or unsecured....

Unless sbm bank close their partnership with them.... secured cant be converted to unsecured card.... Confirmed by customer care head to me... While I closed card...... I asked for conversion to unsecured before closing

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Its not possible... In any circumstances... Once u get a one card... Thats it... Either secured or unsecured....

Unless sbm bank close their partnership with them.... secured cant be converted to unsecured card.... Confirmed by customer care head to me... While I closed card...... I asked for conversion to unsecured before closing
What's showing now when you open One card app?

Credit Karma

TF Premier

I also came to know that. Initially I thought of closing it. But it's the only cc on my credit report.

I was also planning to hold it indefinitely since it's LTF and I put only 5k deposit. But now I know that it's upto them (one card and SBM) and how long they can be partners!

Recently onecard terminated their partnership with IDFC. They gave upgrade to BOB or SIB. Those who didn't upgrade got their onecard closed!

So I will hold it till they (either bank or Onecard) closes it not before!

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
I also came to know that. Initially I thought of closing it. But it's the only cc on my credit report.

I was also planning to hold it indefinitely since it's LTF and I put only 5k deposit. But now I know that it's upto them (one card and SBM) and how long they can be partners!

Recently onecard terminated their partnership with IDFC. They gave upgrade to BOB or SIB. Those who didn't upgrade got their onecard closed!

So I will hold it till they (either bank or Onecard) closes it not before!
Idfc independently offering pre approved cards for them 👌