• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Niyo Global credit card usage details

Hello Guys,

I am planning for a foreign trip later this year and was on the lookout for a 0% forex card.
I had taken niyo global debit card last year but it got banned for international transaction.
I got one niyo global credit card, i have made a FD of 5K.
My question is how to use their increase limit on the go feature. I mean if i want to use another 50k, i add 50k to the credit card and that will be used? Or the limit only increase and it will become part of the FD?
Or the limit which will increase and i use and i don't have to pay again?

If anyone have used this feature please share details.
TIA.

Endline

TF Buzz
Increase limit on the go is just that you can increase the amount of your fd at anytime similar to onecard. Once you make the new fd from their app you will see your limit increase instantly upon successful fd creation.

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
For forex cards, 20% TCS is still applicable even if annual spends are less than 7L. Only international debit and credit cards are exempted according to yesterday's notice. Make sure to clarify this before planning with forex cards.

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Increase limit on the go is just that you can increase the amount of your fd at anytime similar to onecard. Once you make the new fd from their app you will see your limit increase instantly upon successful fd creation.
Instead of getting your money stuck in an FD, pay the card by 50k, and use the amount. Niyo calls this "custom pay" and they explicitly say to use this in their WA community group.

Endline

TF Buzz
Instead of getting your money stuck in an FD, pay the card by 50k, and use the amount. Niyo calls this "custom pay" and they explicitly say to use this in their WA community group.
The money never gets stuck actually you can withdraw whenever you need to from the fd in just few steps. But these kind of cards are only good for new people who want to build their credit history.

The problem with the FD backed CC is that once you increase the FD limit by creating additional FDs you cannot decrease the limit by withdrawing individual FDs which is a bummer. The only option is to close the CC and withdraw in full.

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Y
Hello Guys,

I am planning for a foreign trip later this year and was on the lookout for a 0% forex card.
I had taken niyo global debit card last year but it got banned for international transaction.
I got one niyo global credit card, i have made a FD of 5K.
My question is how to use their increase limit on the go feature. I mean if i want to use another 50k, i add 50k to the credit card and that will be used? Or the limit only increase and it will become part of the FD?
Or the limit which will increase and i use and i don't have to pay again?

If anyone have used this feature please share details.
TIA.
You can order niyo equitas or niyo dcb bank debit cards, if you just require a debit card

triloki.nath

TF Buzz
I am planning to buy an iPhone from Thailand.
I have NIYO DCB Debit Card and SBM Credit Card (5000 FD)
What is the best way to buy?

1) NIYO DCB Debit Card: Load 1 lakh and swipe POS. Is there any extra charge for spending a high amount like over 1 lakh?

2) NIYO SBM Credit Card(5000 FD):
I heard that when buying any item with SBM credit card, if the transaction amount is higher than FD, we can pre-pay the card via the CRED app and the balance will show in minus, and then we can transact. FD still will be 5000 only.
Suppose I pre-pay my NIYO SBM credit card Rs 1 lakh in advance (NOT FD), then Can I use the card to pay 1 lakh directly, or are there any charges?

Would someone in this similar situation be able to help me?

bing1309

TF Premier
I am planning to buy an iPhone from Thailand.
I have NIYO DCB Debit Card and SBM Credit Card (5000 FD)
What is the best way to buy?

1) NIYO DCB Debit Card: Load 1 lakh and swipe POS. Is there any extra charge for spending a high amount like over 1 lakh?

2) NIYO SBM Credit Card(5000 FD):
I heard that when buying any item with SBM credit card, if the transaction amount is higher than FD, we can pre-pay the card via the CRED app and the balance will show in minus, and then we can transact. FD still will be 5000 only.
Suppose I pre-pay my NIYO SBM credit card Rs 1 lakh in advance (NOT FD), then Can I use the card to pay 1 lakh directly, or are there any charges?

Would someone in this similar situation be able to help me?
Yes you can use if the amount reflects as minus 1lahk you can use it