• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Pioneer Account and Pioneer Heritage Metal Card Proposal?

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am looking to open new pioneer banking relationship with Indusind bank, the branch Pioneer RM is saying he will offer the following;

- Pioneer Banking - with Pioneer Mastercard Debit Card (no charges) need to open with Initial cheque of 10L, and need to maintain 30L, can be done over next 1 year.
- Pioneer Heritage Metal Mastercard - One time Fee of 90K+GST Fees, against which he will issue me voucher, he is willing to offer Yatra Voucher, I am asking for Amazon Pay or similar. what is your experience recently on this, and what all can be negotiate to sweeten the deal?

Looking forward for your suggestion. Thanks

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am looking to open new pioneer banking relationship with Indusind bank, the branch Pioneer RM is saying he will offer the following;

- Pioneer Banking - with Pioneer Mastercard Debit Card (no charges) need to open with Initial cheque of 10L, and need to maintain 30L, can be done over next 1 year.
- Pioneer Heritage Metal Mastercard - One time Fee of 90K+GST Fees, against which he will issue me voucher, he is willing to offer Yatra Voucher, I am asking for Amazon Pay or similar. what is your experience recently on this, and what all can be negotiate to sweeten the deal?

Looking forward for your suggestion. Thanks
Okay so for opening Pioneer account you need to give initial cheque for 10L and only after the cheque is cleared, your account will be unfreezed as per IndusInd policy. There is no need to maintain any amount in your account as it's a no fee account, only the risk is of downgrading which is very rare to occur. Also, you can apply for a metal debit card for free after you receive your first debit card by placing upgradation request through your RM. You may Click Here for additional information on Pioneer account.

For Pioneer Heritage Metal, if you have an existing IndusInd Bank card with a credit limit of 5L+ then you may upgrade in this card and yes first year fee of 90K + GST for Yatra and non-essential vouchagram vouchers and no annual charges is true, for essential vouchagram max they can provide 15K vouchers as per new policy.

If you do not hold an existing card with them, you need to have a credit card with credit limit of 5L+ with any other bank with which you can apply C2C. If your maximum credit limit is 2-3-4L then apply for a premium IndusInd card like Vistara explorer (negotiate for 10K biz voucher only as joining fees) or Legend/Pinnacle and keep spending on this card, you may even maximize the credit limit (CIBIL may be affected temporarily) for 2-3 months and you can expect a credit limit enhancement from them (only when you are about to complete a year or atleast 6+ months), but during this time you should not avail any other offer such as within/above credit limit loan or convert outstanding to EMI or any other type of credit products like personal/auto/home loan etc.

Keep using it for atleast 2+ years consistently and eventually you would reach your goal.

Trust me this is a tedious process for people having low credit limit and one needs to have immense patience for getting this card. And all the above mentioned details are from my personal experiences from not more than 1-2 months ago. Some factors to be considered are, you need to be on good terms with your RM and for limit increase you shall have a 770+ CIBIL score.

I too am in this struggle right now but very close to my goal. If you do have 5L+ credit limit, then getting this card is the easiest thing unlike Infinia.

All The Best! 👍

Last edited:

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks a lot for your reply.

I'm okay with Initial cheque if I can withdraw after 1 week, however would like to receive metal debit card, for all accounts in family.

Regarding existing cards, have Infinia, DCB and others at LTF.

For heritage metal card, The voucher option they are saying one time fee of 90k+ gst with 100k yatra Vouchers, but he is not able to reduce it further.

Any other option or suggestions.

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge

I'm okay with Initial cheque if I can withdraw after 1 week, however would like to receive metal debit card, for all accounts in family.

For heritage metal card, The voucher option they are saying one time fee of 90k+ gst with 100k yatra Vouchers, but he is not able to reduce it further.

Using pioneer account since a year, service is not that great, RM doesnt do shit. Requests takes 20-30days. Opening of account took 25 days-2 months for multiple accounts. If you're Opening just for metal heritage dont do it. Its a hassle. Also i can confirm no matter what limit you have, or relation with indusind you wont get for free also they wont agree for amazon voucher as I've already tried for the same. I did 10x grind for this.

@RewardsAlert

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Yatra vouchers validity is 6 months, so please keep that in mind

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Yes you can get metal debit cards for all accounts linked as family. As you have sufficient credit limit for Heritage metal, surely apply for it but yes non-essential gift vouchers or oberoi is the best they can do. Maybe you can negotiate with them by giving higher value deposit for account opening. Also for Yatra you have to use it all at once or else remaining amount lapses, not so sure about this but had read this somewhere.

Last edited:

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Using pioneer account since a year, service is not that great, RM doesnt do shit. Requests takes 20-30days. Opening of account took 25 days-2 months for multiple accounts. If you're Opening just for metal heritage dont do it. Its a hassle. Also i can confirm no matter what limit you have, or relation with indusind you wont get for free also they wont agree for amazon voucher as I've already tried for the same. I did 10x grind for this.

@RewardsAlert
This will only happen when RM/Branch is not knowledgeable or doesn't care about customer's requirement. If you actually find a helpful RM things become easier.

Even I feel now they're 100× strict about not giving Heritage Metal for free and vouchers are the best that they can do.

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge
This will only happen when RM/Branch is not knowledgeable or doesn't care about customer's requirement. If you actually find a helpful RM things become easier.

Even I feel now they're 100× strict about not giving Heritage Metal for free and vouchers are the best that they can do.
I am from mumbai, my branch is pioneer branch and RM is from Affulent team. If you're from mumbai, pls let me know i will shift my account.

jhanglaniyash

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Its been 3 weeks now since i have requested RM change via CC and mail. Still no update

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am from mumbai, my branch is pioneer branch and RM is from Affulent team. If you're from mumbai, pls let me know i will shift my account.
Which branch are you connected with? I opened my account in Lower Parel Pioneer Branch and kept my nearest branch as home branch. I get all assistance from Pioneer branch only and my RM is also from that branch.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Its been 3 weeks now since i have requested RM change via CC and mail. Still no update
CC executives are the most useless creatures and personally, I feel contacting a branch that has knowledge + authority works the best. This is because CC people have to look after hundreds of customers from different states every day, but when you approach through a branch/rm they can connect with you directly and can also help you with escalations to higher authorities.

Harrypotter

TF Premier

@RewardsAlert
Did you maintained the stipulated amount of the program for a year

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks All. I'm not in dire need of this account as I have infinia for cards and imperia for banking and have been more than happy.

My next steps will be as follows:

The RM head refuses for Amazon voucher so I have asked him to reconsider with LTF

If he still ask for one time fees for 90k, will be okay only if it's good useful voucher like yatra for full amount.

I will be depositing and withdraw the money in account in max 7 days, does anyone have experience over period of more than a year what happens if account is nil for over a year? Does it get downgraded?

Primary usage of debit and credit card is ONLY for following
1. Zero balance account
2. No fx charges
3. Hotel membership and Vouchers
4. Book my show discount.
5. Locker
6. Other regular offers and discounts

All the above for all the account for free, and LTF, with one time card fees paid but paid back through voucher.

Given zero balance account it will be non primary account for me and wider group

Anything I'm missing ? Please guide or share your experiences in detail.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks All. I'm not in dire need of this account as I have infinia for cards and imperia for banking and have been more than happy.

The RM head refuses for Amazon voucher so I have asked him to reconsider with LTF

If he still ask for one time fees for 90k, will be okay only if it's good useful voucher like yatra for full amount.

I will be depositing and withdraw the money in account in max 7 days, does anyone have experience over period of more than a year what happens if account is nil for over a year? Does it get downgraded?

1. Zero balance account
2. No fx charges
5. Locker

All the above for all the account for free, and LTF, with one time card fees paid but paid back through voucher.

Given zero balance account it will be non primary account for me and wider group

Yes they won't downgrade the account, and under slightest chance if it does happen they would still offer a good account such as Exclusive or Grandè. Also, for the vouchers part if you are okay with Yatra vouchers, please read all T&C carefully. Things such as 6 month validity and one time usage of voucher, etc. You may consider Oberoi vouchers too.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

1. Zero balance account
2. No fx charges
5. Locker

My suggestion would be to skip yatra vouchers , first of all validity is only 6 months
Second you will face hard time redeeming those as most of the time vouchers will not work and you will have to follow up with Yatra