• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Missed CC Payment

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I was wondering how bad that "missed payment" will affect your CIBIL score. I forgot to pay one of my credit card bills and when I got a call from the bank reminding me of the payment, I paid it immediately. Of course, this has incurred penalty charges already.

TF Ace
TF Family
I was wondering how bad that "missed payment" will affect your CIBIL score. I forgot to pay one of my credit card bills and when I got a call from the bank reminding me of the payment, I paid it immediately. Of course, this has incurred penalty charges already.
Add more details like which bank credit card and by how many days was the payment delayed.
The impact depends on the number of days your payment was due for. Also you can request the bank to not report it depending on your relationship, past (timely) payment history etc. and most banks consider, if you aren't a regular offender.
The best way to not miss CC payments is to set monthly bill payment reminders on Calendar app, that too on bill generation date (not on due date).

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Add more details like which bank credit card and by how many days was the payment delayed.
The impact depends on the number of days your payment was due for. Also you can request the bank to not report it depending on your relationship, past (timely) payment history etc. and most banks consider, if you aren't a regular offender.
The best way to not miss CC payments is to set monthly bill payment reminders on Calendar app, that too on bill generation date (not on due date).
HDFC Intermiles Card. Overdue by 4 days only. This is my first time I missed payment.

TF Ace
TF Family

MOhit __

TF Ace
Contributor
ICICI did not send me the March statement of my CORAL card via email, so I missed the payment.
CRED did not notify me of the payment due,
In April's statement, late payment charges of Rs. 118 are shown, I paid the amount immediately (360 Rs. April's statement), this is the first time I have missed a payment in the last 5 years of my credit card history.

Will the bank report the late payment to CIBIL? @VISHESH_BANSAL @4uziaul @SSV @Everyone