• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Missed Kotak CC payment - Will it be reported?

sjmajumder

TF Ace
It was careless of me to miss a payment for the first time in my life.

I took a new Kotak League Platinum Rupay CC. Used it for just Rs. 100 for activation purpose. Payment was due on 12th April and I made the payment on 12th itself but to my Kotak White Card (on which there were no dues).

I realized this today morning when I opened Net Banking and saw payment overdue. Called customer care and she suggested rather than transferring the amount from White Card to League Rupay, I should make a payment for the League Rupay card as it is already overdue by 5 days. Asked her about late payment charges and she assured me if there are any charges I should give them a call back and they will reverse it. But she was not so sure about reporting to CIBIL. She said since it is only once it should not create a problem.

What do you think? Will it be reported to CIBIL? If yes how much impact on CIBIL and can it be deleted by requesting bank?

helloworld

TF Legend
Will it be reported to CIBIL?
Ideally yes as per rule.

If yes how much impact on CIBIL
Depends on credit history but expect near 20 points drop which recover in 3 or 6 months.

and can it be deleted by requesting bank?
Primary thing you should focus now. Request them not report, then all good. Mail is the best route because Phone support doesn't have capability to not report, that is different team.

I took a new Kotak League Platinum Rupay CC. Used it for just Rs. 100 for activation purpose. Payment was due on 12th April and I made the payment on 12th itself but to my Kotak White Card (on which there were no dues).

I realized this today morning when I opened Net Banking and saw payment overdue. Called customer care and she suggested rather than transferring the amount from White Card to League Rupay, I should make a payment for the League Rupay card as it is already overdue by 5 days. Asked her about late payment charges and she assured me if there are any charges I should give them a call back and they will reverse it. But she was not so sure about reporting to CIBIL. She said since it is only once it should not create a problem.

What do you think? Will it be reported to CIBIL? If yes how much impact on CIBIL and can it be deleted by requesting bank?
you try requesting to the authorities they can remove the report.

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier

Late payment would reported 100%

CIBIL would drop around 30 points.

You can request to not report for late payment but chances are high they wouldn't agree because it's your first payment for the card but no harm in try.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Whats the process you use to manage CC due dates? You don't use Cred?

prem2311

TF Select

Try to negotiate through mail stating that

This is the first time that I missed the payment and not to report as a good will like that - Draw a paragraph with brief. if you have long relationship then mention that as well.

if any extra charges pay that as well as soon possible. - don't negotiate for late charge because if you pay only 100, May be late charge will be reported from day 6 onwards. It's a automated system. If you have no idea about late charges just calculate 4% per month/30 for a day as interest. Or in your case just pay 1000 extra.

after payment start the negotiation.

It's a try. Can't guarantee that it will or not

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Whats the process you use to manage CC due dates? You don't use Cred?
I use CRED and Mobikwik. I also maintain an Excel sheet where I enter all due amounts and due dates and tick them off when paid. As this is new card the mistake happened. I paid through CRED. The new card, I guess, didn't show up then and I must have selected the White card, manually entered the amount and paid. Surprisingly when I opened CRED today the new card has also appeared and is showing as overdue.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Got a callback in response to my mail. While they committed verbally that there will be no late payment charges and no report to CIBIL, in the mail they simply wrote "trust we addressed your concern over phone".

MrJJ

TF Premier
4993833.jpg

Aise hadso se bachne ke liye Auto-debit hamesha on rakhe (atleast for minimum due).

MrJJ

TF Premier
You cannot set auto debit for minimum due (as far as I know) and if you set auto debit you miss all the rewards of Cred, Mobikwik, etc.
In Kotak 811 App goto Credit Card -> Credit Card Service Requests -> Auto Debit
There is option to set Auto debit for Total or Minimum Amount Due.

You had both options:
1. Auto Debit (Peace of Mind)
2. Manual/Cashbacks (Minor risk of missing due date)

sjmajumder

TF Ace
In Kotak 811 App goto Credit Card -> Credit Card Service Requests -> Auto Debit
There is option to set Auto debit for Total or Minimum Amount Due.

You had both options:
1. Auto Debit (Peace of Mind)
2. Manual/Cashbacks (Minor risk of missing due date)
But it allows debit only from Kotak account. What if I don't have Kotak account?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Got a callback in response to my mail. While they committed verbally that there will be no late payment charges and no report to CIBIL, in the mail they simply wrote "trust we addressed your concern over phone".
Argument would be if they have same account in their system
With card as surrogate
Their system might see as total bill due is zero or in excess in one account & in -ve in other so balances out .
Let's see what happens
Would be precedent for kotak bank

Still I would say open email Matrix escalation.
Because email is considered official words not verbal call

vips_26

TF Neo

Report to any bureue (be it cibil or Experian) is made on a specific date for all accounts. It can be either your statement date (account specific) or month end (for all the cards issued by bank). So you shouldn't worry about reporting to cibil as non of the above dates would've occurred before your payment.
CIBIL only shows the "days past due"(DPD) at a point in time, not the maximum DPD you have achieved.