• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Missed making CC payment for AmEx

navonline7

TF Premier
I missed making a payment of Rs. 327 for my AmEx card and didn't realize it until 28 May. The statement was generated on 28 April, and the due date was 20 May. It was only after I got an email from AmEx I realized that I missed making the payment. I made a payment of 25k on 28 April, but missed this transaction.

I called Amex and they reversed late payment fee and 50% of the finance charges, so I ended up paying some Rs. 420 for failing to pay Rs. 327. I made the payment immediately on 28 May. Is there a way I can ask AmEx to not report this to Cibil? I tried asking AmEx customer care folks, but they kept saying that everything is automated and they can't do anything. It's a honest mistake, but a mistake on my end nevertheless.
Is there an email ID of AmEx I can write to?
@Wealth is my birth right!

Last edited:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I missed making a payment of Rs. 327 for my AmEx card and didn't realize it until 28 May. The statement was generated on 28 April, and the due date was 20 May. It was only after I got an email from AmEx I realized that I missed making the payment. I made a payment of 25k on 28 April, but missed this transaction.

I called Amex and they reversed late payment fee and 50% of the finance charges, so I ended up paying some Rs. 420 for failing to pay Rs. 327. I made the payment immediately on 28 May. Is there a way I can ask AmEx to not report this to Cibil? I tried asking AmEx customer care folks, but they kept saying that everything is automated and they can't do anything. It's a honest mistake, but a mistake on my end nevertheless.
No as per banking regulations they have to report it else it will be a conflict between banks association or rbi
So no point of asking them not to report

RajMahadik

TF Premier
It will remain as missed payment in cibil forever... For ie. 324/325 payments... 99 percent payment on time...

Always make 5-10 rs more payment to every bill to avoid cibil hit...

If you've paid within one month, they might haven't reported to cibil...

Missed rbl, sbi, icici payment by 7-10 days... And paid asap on late days of 10th... ( within month) They ve never reported...

But as per your billing you ve paid 25000 n missed 325 rs... So as per scenario you ve already paid minimum amount due... They should not have reported to cibil as missed payment...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-03-13-13-10-292_com.freecharge.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-03-13-13-10-292_com.freecharge.android.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 49

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

in the reminder app , create much of reminders,for cc bill payment and create reminder for every months. so in future you won't miss payment and all bank app show cc bill amount so double check and pay

tanvi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It will remain as missed payment in cibil forever... For ie. 324/325 payments... 99 percent payment on time...

Always make 5-10 rs more payment to every bill to avoid cibil hit...

If you've paid within one month, they might haven't reported to cibil...

Missed rbl, sbi, icici payment by 7-10 days... And paid asap on late days of 10th... ( within month) They ve never reported...

But as per your billing you ve paid 25000 n missed 325 rs... So as per scenario you ve already paid minimum amount due... They should not have reported to cibil as missed payment...
Mine was delayed by 12 days still they reported

ALOAK

TF Ace
Dont depend on cred... Amex app is very efficient... Keep check amex app...
I always keep remembering statement date and pay off 1 week or 3 days before through cred. For Amex cred does not show due date. Now I have downloaded creditpedia app released from techfino. It will remind u due dates as you need to update statement date and it will also tell you when is the due date. I believe many would have downloaded it. It needs some tweak.