• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Missed Kotak CC payment - Will it be reported?

sjmajumder

TF Ace
It was careless of me to miss a payment for the first time in my life.

I took a new Kotak League Platinum Rupay CC. Used it for just Rs. 100 for activation purpose. Payment was due on 12th April and I made the payment on 12th itself but to my Kotak White Card (on which there were no dues).

I realized this today morning when I opened Net Banking and saw payment overdue. Called customer care and she suggested rather than transferring the amount from White Card to League Rupay, I should make a payment for the League Rupay card as it is already overdue by 5 days. Asked her about late payment charges and she assured me if there are any charges I should give them a call back and they will reverse it. But she was not so sure about reporting to CIBIL. She said since it is only once it should not create a problem.

What do you think? Will it be reported to CIBIL? If yes how much impact on CIBIL and can it be deleted by requesting bank?

sjmajumder

TF Ace
According to RBI regulations, charges are only levied if a member has a due of more than Rs 100, and there's a default report to the Credit Bureaus. So, no need to worry.
Kotak schedule of charges says

Nil for statement o/s less than ₹ 100.
₹ 100 for statement o/s between ₹ 100 to ₹ 500
₹ 500 for statement o/s between ₹ 501 to ₹ 1,000
₹ 500 for statement o/s between ₹ 1,001 to ₹ 5000
₹ 600 for statement o/s between ₹ 5,001 to ₹ 10,000
₹ 800 for statement o/s between ₹ 10,001 to ₹ 25,000
₹ 1,000 for statement o/s between ₹ 25,001 to ₹ 50,000
₹ 1200 for statement o/s greater than ₹ 50,000