• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Missed making CC payment for AmEx

navonline7

TF Premier
I missed making a payment of Rs. 327 for my AmEx card and didn't realize it until 28 May. The statement was generated on 28 April, and the due date was 20 May. It was only after I got an email from AmEx I realized that I missed making the payment. I made a payment of 25k on 28 April, but missed this transaction.

I called Amex and they reversed late payment fee and 50% of the finance charges, so I ended up paying some Rs. 420 for failing to pay Rs. 327. I made the payment immediately on 28 May. Is there a way I can ask AmEx to not report this to Cibil? I tried asking AmEx customer care folks, but they kept saying that everything is automated and they can't do anything. It's a honest mistake, but a mistake on my end nevertheless.
Is there an email ID of AmEx I can write to?
@Wealth is my birth right!

Last edited:
From 777 I went to 696

Now it's 752
So looks like it took 3 months to come back to around same levels. Is it increasing steadily like 15 points a month?

What happened with the entry? Did it get removed from CIBIL? I think it does if dues are paid but If not, did you connect with bank and tried to get it removed?

tanvi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So looks like it took 3 months to come back to around same levels. Is it increasing steadily like 15 points a month?

What happened with the entry? Did it get removed from CIBIL? I think it does if dues are paid but If not, did you connect with bank and tried to get it removed?
Yeah every month there was 10 15 points increase.

I didn't tried to remove late payment entry

ALOAK

TF Ace
I always keep remembering statement date and pay off 1 week or 3 days before through cred. For Amex cred does not show due date. Now I have downloaded creditpedia app released from techfino. It will remind u due dates as you need to update statement date and it will also tell you when is the due date. I believe many would have downloaded it. It needs some tweak.
Yes

bismaj

TF Select
I missed making a payment of Rs. 327 for my AmEx card and didn't realize it until 28 May. The statement was generated on 28 April, and the due date was 20 May. It was only after I got an email from AmEx I realized that I missed making the payment. I made a payment of 25k on 28 April, but missed this transaction.

I called Amex and they reversed late payment fee and 50% of the finance charges, so I ended up paying some Rs. 420 for failing to pay Rs. 327. I made the payment immediately on 28 May. Is there a way I can ask AmEx to not report this to Cibil? I tried asking AmEx customer care folks, but they kept saying that everything is automated and they can't do anything. It's a honest mistake, but a mistake on my end nevertheless.
Bro same happened to me nd they reveresed late charges but they also told me it will not be reflected in cibil cz of my request but unfortunately it got reported nd cibil went down from 778 to 738 in one blow ... Nd now after 10 mnths it risen to 758. In my entire cc history this is the only one missed payment 😭

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Always pay min due as soon as Bill comes .to avoid late pay cibil drop ..
That way they can charge u late payment on rest amount but not late payment

nomad

TF Premier
I once missed payment for my ICICI APay card by a few days, paid the complete outstanding, even the non-generated portion and it was not reported in CIBIL.
I think showing the intention of paying might also help. Rest may depend on the bank as well.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I once missed payment for my ICICI APay card by a few days, paid the complete outstanding, even the non-generated portion and it was not reported in CIBIL.
I think showing the intention of paying might also help. Rest may depend on the bank as well.
The whole amount ? Or some amount