• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Missed making CC payment for AmEx

navonline7

TF Premier
I missed making a payment of Rs. 327 for my AmEx card and didn't realize it until 28 May. The statement was generated on 28 April, and the due date was 20 May. It was only after I got an email from AmEx I realized that I missed making the payment. I made a payment of 25k on 28 April, but missed this transaction.

I called Amex and they reversed late payment fee and 50% of the finance charges, so I ended up paying some Rs. 420 for failing to pay Rs. 327. I made the payment immediately on 28 May. Is there a way I can ask AmEx to not report this to Cibil? I tried asking AmEx customer care folks, but they kept saying that everything is automated and they can't do anything. It's a honest mistake, but a mistake on my end nevertheless.
Is there an email ID of AmEx I can write to?
@Wealth is my birth right!

Last edited:

navonline7

TF Premier
Bro same happened to me nd they reveresed late charges but they also told me it will not be reflected in cibil cz of my request but unfortunately it got reported nd cibil went down from 778 to 738 in one blow ... Nd now after 10 mnths it risen to 758. In my entire cc history this is the only one missed payment 😭
I think cibil reporting is an automated process. Actually, cibil should have some checks in place to ensure that the score doesn't get impacted, if the amount is less than 500/-

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I think cibil reporting is an automated process. Actually, cibil should have some checks in place to ensure that the score doesn't get impacted, if the amount is less than 500/-
If u pay the minimum amount due. Nothing get reported as late payment. They can only change you for overdue