• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Magnus closure, retention offer and alternatives

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys.

I started my Magnus journey in Feb 2023 and used it to the fullest but it is time to bid farewell as I have only crossed 9.5 lakhs in the past year and I am nowhere near renewal fees waiver criteria. Since I don't hold burgundy status, the card will not hold much value for me next year.
I have the following questions before I close my magnus.

1. What is the easiest way to close and what is the ideal time to close it? Should I wait for the renewal fees to be posted in my statement or call customer care before completing a year?
2. Do they offer any retention offers when you call them? Is it worth?
3. I am looking at ICICI Emerald Private metal card as my alternative to this card. Can someone guide me how to obtain this card?

Thanks.

P.S. I recently completed my Singapore trip where my hotel and dining worth more than 2.5 lakhs in a 5 star property was covered by edge rewards. So I'm satisfied with my experience!

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello guys.

I started my Magnus journey in Feb 2023 and used it to the fullest but it is time to bid farewell as I have only crossed 9.5 lakhs in the past year and I am nowhere near renewal fees waiver criteria. Since I don't hold burgundy status, the card will not hold much value for me next year.

1. What is the easiest way to close and what is the ideal time to close it? Should I wait for the renewal fees to be posted in my statement or call customer care before completing a year?
3. I am looking at ICICI Emerald Private metal card as my alternative to this card. Can someone guide me how to obtain this card?

Thanks.

P.S. I recently completed my Singapore trip where my hotel and dining worth more than 2.5 lakhs in a 5 star property was covered by edge rewards. So I'm satisfied with my experience!
1. Call before fees is levied to you. Place request for closure of card after clearing all dues.
2. Not worth, they may offer ER but normal magnus is not worth the hassle.
3. Try getting infinia, if you got icici account then can check with RM for emeralde metal. Personally I find it kind of miss.

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello guys.

Thanks.

The only option they may give is to waive off the annual fees if you hit 12L. Anything less than that, they won’t entertain.

maynigam

TF Premier
Is there any other good axis card which I can consider after closing magnus or something they may offer as LTF?
Also, looking for suggestions on getting the icici card... Have a paid rubyx and ltf coral right now. No account in icici.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If you can manage to get Burgundy then M4B is the closest you can get to the old Magnus.
Atlas is the long-lost cousin that offers great benefits on Travel but there are rumours that he's going to get kicked out of the family too!

Amex is their step-family who are getting richer day by day and taking over the crown!

While ICICI is that middle-class uncle who likes to show off now and then and act cool to maintain his image.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
If you can manage to get Burgundy then M4B is the closest you can get to the old Magnus.
Atlas is the long-lost cousin that offers great benefits on Travel but there are rumours that he's going to get kicked out of the family too!

Amex is their step-family who are getting richer day by day and taking over the crown!

While ICICI is that middle-class uncle who likes to show off now and then and act cool to maintain his image.
Atlas still giving reward on rent payment? Till 50k month

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't wait for annual fees to be charged coz any txn after that and you have to pay full annual fees.
Without milestone/burgundy atlas/infinia/dcb are better than magnus.

maynigam

TF Premier

Lolz. I like the explanation, But I cannot manage Burgundy. I will look into Atlas. Already have Amex Trifecta but returns are not that lucrative.
ICICI Emeralde Private seems like a good card

Last edited:

maynigam

TF Premier
Don't wait for annual fees to be charged coz any txn after that and you have to pay full annual fees.
Without milestone/burgundy atlas/infinia/dcb are better than magnus.
Infinia is out of question for me as I have a regalia gold and I am not willing to make high spends on such a low rewarding card just so that they would consider upgrading me. My hdfc branch manager is an idiot who does not listen at all.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Infinia is out of question for me as I have a regalia gold and I am not willing to make high spends on such a low rewarding card just so that they would consider upgrading me. My hdfc branch manager is an idiot who does not listen at all.
DCB is also an option. With smartbuy, your returns are going to be more than 4-5% compared to Emerald Private at 3% flat. You are using Amex cards also quite a bit, so assuming that acceptance is not an issue

techt

TF Legend
Lolz. Please help me get over it

Every day there is a new thread on Magnus.

I was never interested in any of those super 'prem' cards as its a big mental load on me in earning and burning before expiry of points.
Still for a fellow Finto* I will try to help you by getting to the root of the issue by whatever the information I have gathered on these forums.

Let's analyze from the start.

Princess Magnus
A tale of passion, obsession and destruction

Chapter 1 : The Genesis of Magnus
The saga of Magnus starts like a fairy tale. Oh No !!! fairy tales have happy endings.
Let us just say it starts like a Shakespeare's love drama.
romeoandjulietcoverimage-300x182.png

Like a typical love story that we have been listening for generations be in the west or in our India, the tale starts with a street urchin (awara or poor kid) as a hero wooing a princess in secrecy from her father.
princess-jasmine.gif

Affair with princess Magnus is a financially draining one. The hero has to shell ~1.5L INR (monthly milestone) a month to meet her needs. Occasionally she needs pampering in 5 star hotels like Taj/Marriot (edge rewards redemption) and wants to fly.
whole-new-world-aladdin.gif

In the first year, the hero some how managed meeting her expectations(FYF criteria) by pawning his possessions or money rotation. In the second year, when the hero is making plans for money, as the fate had it gets caught by the princess' father(Axis mails to justify txns). Lo ... the angry father who thinks the hero is not a suitable match to the princess separates them (devaluation).

Chapter 2 : Peaks of Obsession
The obsession for Magnus was so high that eligible bachelors wanted to marry Axis RMs demanding Magnus for dowry. Some even planned their destination weddings, honeymoon etc on Magnus for reward points.
0R3038.gif

As the Magnus obsession was going beyond anyone's control it had to be stopped for the sake country's sovereign security. The card was deemed a threat as someone in sensible positions might get honey trapped into it.

Chapter 3 : Getting out
Now coming to your question ...
Even though the story was same the fate of hero was different based on their mentality. These heroes could be grouped to 3 categories.
One - who moved on finding love in some other prem cards like Infinia. Heard that they still miss Bargundy and occasionally keep looking at it in deep thoughts. Seems this category is majority.
Two - who vowed celibacy (Brahmacharya Oath) of credit cards and not to use any cc in their life at all. This category is extreme minority.

IMG_20200415_132655_compress7.jpg

Three - who still keep fighting and finding ways to get one.

Now the answer ...
You should move on like category one people. Support groups help in overcoming grief. May be BBPS (Burgundy Bhagna Premika Sangham - Burgundy Failed Lovers Society) or BaBu (Badhitha's of Burgundy - Victim's of Burgundy) societies are needed for this. Even if anyone is getting Magnus for Bargundy or whatever, be reminded the chameleon changes its color every quarter.

Appendix : Parting Poem
Saturday tharuvatha Sunday
Vesavilo yendalu manday
jeevitanni nasanam chesedi Burgunday

Poor translation/adaption of above :
After Saturday it's Sunday,
the next day is Monday,
financially destructing CC is Burganday.

Disclaimer : Truth is slightly exaggerated and may coincide with some. No offence meant to anyone.

Finto : TechnoFINO member.

Last edited:

bing1309

TF Premier
Once a card is closed with axis, do they create problems in issuing another axis card in near future?
Once card is closed they won't create problems unless there is previous history of delay of payment.
Close the card by calling customer card it's immediately done. Retention offer won't hold, as the points given are less, sometimes they won't waste time in giving they will say close and walk out, it's upto you wanted to close and go to other cards just close it by calling customer care. Regrading LTF that depends on what saving account you have with them, as it's not LTF it's called CLTF so apply for a direct LTF if you wanted to apply.