• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus annual fee cancellation and reversal

Hi All,

I had the annual fee added to my Magnus card on 16 Dec 2023 and I raised a request to cancel my card on 27 Dec 2023 since my next statement usually comes on the 1st of the next month. The request was acknowledged by the customer care person and I received an email as well saying the card is cancelled.

However, the statement that I received on Jan 1 still had the annual fee added. When I call the customer care number they're saying that fee can't be removed since the cancellation request was placed after the fee was added.

Has anyone faced this situation before? or any contacts that I can reach out to, to get this resolved since the customer care team is clueless and insisting that I have to pay the fees.

sooraj2090

TF Buzz
For me it was Citi card but on raising cancellation request they refunded the amount as the fee was charged for the upcoming year .
The amount pending on card will be considered as balance and interest will be charged.

Eden Hazard

TF Neo
Hi All,

I had the annual fee added to my Magnus card on 16 Dec 2023 and I raised a request to cancel my card on 27 Dec 2023 since my next statement usually comes on the 1st of the next month. The request was acknowledged by the customer care person and I received an email as well saying the card is cancelled.

However, the statement that I received on Jan 1 still had the annual fee added. When I call the customer care number they're saying that fee can't be removed since the cancellation request was placed after the fee was added.

Has anyone faced this situation before? or any contacts that I can reach out to, to get this resolved since the customer care team is clueless and insisting that I have to pay the fees.
The cancellation request should be placed before the fees is added even if there is no outstanding balance. It is better to use the card for another year if they don't waive it off. The card must be canceled before the anniversary month (11th month). If you have got the card in December, then cancellation should be placed in November to be on the safer side.

Ritish

TF Neo
Hi All,

My magnus card was due for renewal on 18th dec, I called customer care on 8th and they told me that I am eligible for burgundy magnus card which was issued and activated on 11th dec. I deactivated my earlier card on 16th dec but still on 18th dec I was charged 11800/- as renewal charges for old card which was already deactivated. I raised issue with customer care, nodal officer, principal nodal officer and nothing happened in 45 days and finally I have escalated it to RBI Ombudsman

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Axis has been acting very shady when it comes to the annual fees.

A lot of people's card fee did not get reversed because they reached out a day or more later after it was charged.
Some people are getting charged even though they cancelled the card as Ritish mentioned above.

If the date has passed, I doubt there's anything you can do other than paying the fee to avoid your CIBIL score getting messed up.
The best case scenario would be to request them for some form of retention benefit which Magnus users have not been getting but you can try!

techt

TF Legend
Axis has been acting very shady when it comes to the annual fees.

A lot of people's card fee did not get reversed because they reached out a day or more later after it was charged.
Some people are getting charged even though they cancelled the card as Ritish mentioned above.

If the date has passed, I doubt there's anything you can do other than paying the fee to avoid your CIBIL score getting messed up.
The best case scenario would be to request them for some form of retention benefit which Magnus users have not been getting but you can try!
Reminds me of Baazigar dialog

Haar kar jeetne wale ko Baazigar kehte hain

Axis allowed it self to get abused and now there are attacking with no mercy.