• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Axis Magnus and Atlas

luckymurari

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm being offered Axis Atlas LtF . I already hold magnus Burgundy.

Is it worth taking?

If taken, will Atlas be preferred over magnus for any specific transactions? How does the ER transfer work ?

navam

TF Premier
Lol I spent 34000 miles (would have been 40K normally, but I waited till last minute and got lucky to have spontaneous escape offer on one side) plus 7K taxes round trip for flight which I could have got in 25K cash. So value of 0.53 per miles.

I still have 20K miles lying in krisflyer, but not getting any good enough deal since almost a year.

P.S. I won't be willing to spend even 1.5x of economy fare on business class. For me, it's just a rental sofa for 4 hours and not worth at all. So, if u r comparing 43K miles business class ticket with a overpriced 80K cash booking, then I am out😂.
0.53 per mile toh dukh ki baat hai, where did you fly to?
I think tum accor mein daal do points, best value without thinking at all. Flights ke paise dedena, vaise bhi from what I gather in this thread people are having a hard time finding good economy reward flights.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
0.53 per mile toh dukh ki baat hai, where did you fly to?
I think tum accor mein daal do points, best value without thinking at all. Flights ke paise dedena, vaise bhi from what I gather in this thread people are having a hard time finding good economy reward flights.
Singapore.

Accor is indeed the best option for budget travellers, but Even accor I don't value more than 0.8-0.9, as they are overpriced too.

Recently I did one booking in Switzerland Interlaken area and there is only one hotel with per night price of 25K points😅. Now cheapest (among the ones I am willing to stay - 4+ rating, not a hostel, location, number of reviews) was around 18K. So, this was around 0.7 rs per mile only.

In Montreux, it is 50K points per night. That was too much, I did a cash booking there for 12K.

Once I got a 2 nights stay in Pattaya for just 2000 points. I didn't check for cash booking at that time, but that must have been pretty good. But these are rare.

Hotels have good discounts at times and accor doesn't allow any of those.

Now that (after magnus devaluation) airmiles have become rare, I won't be spending airmiles below 0.8 rs value, unless there is significant lifestyle improvement and still above 0.7.

navam

TF Premier
Singapore.

Accor is indeed the best option for budget travellers, but Even accor I don't value more than 0.8-0.9, as they are overpriced too.

Recently I did one booking in Switzerland Interlaken area and there is only one hotel with per night price of 25K points😅. Now cheapest (among the ones I am willing to stay - 4+ rating, not a hostel, location, number of reviews) was around 18K. So, this was around 0.7 rs per mile only.

In Montreux, it is 50K points per night. That was too much, I did a cash booking there for 12K.

Once I got a 2 nights stay in Pattaya for just 2000 points. I didn't check for cash booking at that time, but that must have been pretty good. But these are rare.

Hotels have good discounts at times and accor doesn't allow any of those.

Now that (after magnus devaluation) airmiles have become rare, I won't be spending airmiles below 0.8 rs value, unless there is significant lifestyle improvement and still above 0.7.
Haven't had a chance to see Europe ke rates but Thailand mein toh we made bookings of all shapes and sizes (were there for 15 days, everything was booked using accor points) and considering discounted prices in some hotels from aggregators (mmt wagera) the value was a good 1.65 still)

I'm curious when you say 25k pts per night for accor I'm assuming the price you saw was like 500euros? (2k points = 40 euro) must be a fancy ass place?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Haven't had a chance to see Europe ke rates but Thailand mein toh we made bookings of all shapes and sizes (were there for 15 days, everything was booked using accor points) and considering discounted prices in some hotels from aggregators (mmt wagera) the value was a good 1.65 still)

I'm curious when you say 25k pts per night for accor I'm assuming the price you saw was like 500euros? (2k points = 40 euro) must be a fancy ass place?
Yes, Switzerland is costliest in Europe and Interlaken is the costliest in Switzerland 😅. And there is only one accor hotel there - 4 star. And the cash price of 18K was for a 2 star hotel, although user rating of 2 star hotel was slightly better than that of 4 star hotel. I still opted for points booking, as there was significant lifestyle improvement even at 0.7rs per mile value.

The Montreux in Switzerland also has only one hotel, it's 5 star Fairmont for 50K points per night, which I didn't take over a cash booking for 12K. As points value was going down to 0.25rs here😅 and I anyway don't stay more than 8-10 hrs in hotel.

navam

TF Premier
Yes, Switzerland is costliest in Europe and Interlaken is the costliest in Switzerland 😅. And there is only one accor hotel there - 4 star. And the cash price of 18K was for a 2 star hotel, although user rating of 2 star hotel was slightly better than that of 4 star hotel. I still opted for points booking, as there was significant lifestyle improvement even at 0.7rs per mile value.

The Montreux in Switzerland also has only one hotel, it's 5 star Fairmont for 50K points per night, which I didn't take over a cash booking for 12K. As points value was going down to 0.25rs here😅 and I anyway don't stay more than 8-10 hrs in hotel.
Oh wow toh Fairmont room price on accor app was 1000 euro (90k inr )and mmt wagera pe same was 12k inr? Holy shit loot macha rakhi hai

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Oh wow toh Fairmont room price on accor app was 1000 euro (90k inr )and mmt wagera pe same was 12k inr? Holy shit loot macha rakhi hai
I think he means he booked another hotel in 12k INR. I don't think you would get 5 star hotels in Swiss in Montreux, Lucerne, Interlaken, St Moritz for such low rates. It's a heavenly place. Also, it means book a budget hotel and spend more time outside. 😅

drsel

TF Legend
I got good redemption values on Singapore Airlines. You will have to either look for saver seats or during monthly spontaneous escapes offer. Singapore airlines is best for travel in Asia, to Australia and Newleand.

But I have seen decent offers for Europe using Air India flights booked via Singapore airlines.
How do you book Air India flights to Europe using Singapore Airlines app?

drsel

TF Legend
but why transfer points to krisflyer if you want to fly air india?
is there an arbitrage oppurtunity
Singapore Airlines is the best option for flights to Australia New Zealand and South East Asia.

The fact that you can also book Star alliance flights with Singapore airline points is an extra advantage to transfer Edge points to Singapore Airlines instead of Air India.

Also Singapore Airlines points are worth at least 80 paisa, while Air India points are worth much less.
Check the article by www.moolahgeeks.com on "how much are International Airline miles worth in India."

Last edited:

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am unable to find the Mega thread about Magnus so posting it here.

Has anybody else faced the same issue? It would suck if they remove the Metro Lounges too even after them showing it available on Dreamfolks. 🙁

IMG_6298.png IMG_6299.jpeg

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I am unable to find the Mega thread about Magnus so posting it here.

Has anybody else faced the same issue? It would suck if they remove the Metro Lounges too even after them showing it available on Dreamfolks. 🙁

IMG_6298.png IMG_6299.jpeg
U r not reading properly.

Axis removed all international lounges around September itself and it doesn't show in dreamfolks site either. Now they require priority pass. Priority pass is free for international lounges within India as well.